We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Cannabis Extractions Options

LowHP
#61 Posted : 10/28/2015 11:33:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^ Holy moly! That is incredible...I wonder how much it weighed?

For any Aussies out there, consider the use of shellite for honey oil extractions. You can look online for detailed teks, but essentially it's used the same as acetone (but evaps a LOT easier!).

I recently moved and haven't found a weed source yet. So, being the desperate stoner I am, I got my "coffee" (read: green) grinder's cup (which, after mulling 5-6oz of bud, was covered in a fine brown powder that would not scrape up), swished 20ml shellite around in it, pipetted the now amber shellite onto a large metal spoon leaving the solid kief behind, and then purged by a lighter held a good 20-30cm under the spoon so as to avoid burning. The shellite purged incredibly quickly (20-30 minutes of gentle heating), and I was left with an awfully thick, golden, toffee-like substance that upon cooling fully hardened and had no residual smell of chemicals. Pretty handy way to make use of the kief you can't scrape up! My only concern is that there might've been plastic from the cup leeching into the shellite, but the cup itself seems completely untouched (and is completely clean too Big grin ) One eraser-head's worth of this substance sent me straight to bed, but the left over 'kief' in the cup had absolutely no effect or smell.

Wish I took photos. ;( Next time I have bud I'll do a few quick shellite washes on 3-4g and post pictures, for sure!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

adam
#62 Posted : 10/28/2015 3:31:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

To make a golden oil using either iso or ethanol

1. Pour enough solvent where the material is almost covered.
2. Stir or agitate for a few minutes and let sit.
3. Strain out plant material
4. Get solvent just barely boiling and add virgin charcoal. BE CAREFUL ADDING THIS... TAKE THE SOLVENT OFF THE HEAT SOURCE AND LET COOL MOMENTARILY BEFORE ADDING IN ABOUT 1/2 TSP PER 250ML OF SOLVENT, KEEP FACE AWAY FROM SOLVENT AND WEAR GLOVES GOGGLES AND LONG SLEEVES.
5. Get a glass funnel or column and pack in some cotton balls.
6. Pour solvent with charcoal through filter. At this point the oil should be golden.
7. To remove the fats stick this in the freezer and let sit for about 36 hours
8. While in the freezer invert the extract over a coffee filter with a collection container below. This should capture all the fats which should be coagulated on the filter.
9. Evaporate or vacuum off the solvent.
10. Enjoy pure gold cannabis oil.

Orion
#63 Posted : 12/18/2015 6:40:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
I've used ice cold ethanol (Everclear or Spyritus) as close to 100% as you can get. If you leave all the materials and vessels you will be using in the freezer with the ethanol it limits the amount of chlorophyll and plant waxes that the liquid will pick up. Filter a few times, pour into shallow glass baking dish and evap for amazing honey oil. I used to use a lot of Butane extracts, but found more and more that the contaminants in them were not worth it. Ice cold ethanol for 5-10 minutes contact time works great. Separate clumpy materials but do not grind or powder the material. Use all glass vessels as much as possible.

The darker your end product the less pure it is and the more contaminants it has in it. Strive for light amber end product.

This. Ice is your friend. It's actually extremely easy to make brittle, pale shatter from average trim this way.

*EDIT*
Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Iso picks up lots of junk. One reason I don't use it. Ethanol can as well, but if you use the freezing cold high proof stuff and do not wash for more than 5 min you will eliminate most of those problems. And ethanol is food safe where Iso is not.

I think you might be pleasantly surprised if you try iso using the same method as you did with the ethanol Thumbs up

Only thing is with solvent extractions is you lose a lot of the unique smells and it can become a little bland. Heat-pressing buds for rosin looks interesting, and they say it preserves more of the smell and flavour.

P.S Steppa, if that's real, I have no words.

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Phantasma
#64 Posted : 4/5/2016 8:15:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just wrote up my guide on Rosintech Solventless Hashoil

My favorite way to extract personally.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...m=723624&#post723624

Cactus Man
#65 Posted : 5/1/2018 6:59:00 AM
DMT-Nexus member

In my younger years I was quite the fan of making hash using either IPA, Everclear or Naphtha. When you filter it through a coffee filter it comes out as Rick Simpson Oil AKA Phoenix Tears.

«PREV234