We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Kash tek questions regarding xylene Options

teotenakeltje
#1 Posted : 4/6/2018 9:42:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hopefully someone can help me out here:

I have 800g dried pedro chips from last year's harvest.

Now I just started the Kash tek, so doing a lot of simmering and boiling down.

My questions are:

1)a. Will 1 liter of Xylene be enough if I boil the liquid down as much as possible?

b. Can you boil down until the tea is very thick and sirupy?

2) Can I do one big np pull with 1 liter of xylene, then salt and then put the xylene back to the basified solution? Or is it preferable to do several small xylene pulls and then combine those, then salt? Is there any difference (seems the same to me)

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 4/6/2018 11:12:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

I've done this tek a few times and will offer my opinion:

Quote:

1)a. Will 1 liter of Xylene be enough if I boil the liquid down as much as possible?

b. Can you boil down until the tea is very thick and sirupy?

a. 1L should be enough definitely.
b. I don't see why not, even if it's thick it'll be basified shortly thereafter, then adding in the xylene to pull, I don't think it'll matter much which route you go there.

Quote:
2) Can I do one big np pull with 1 liter of xylene, then salt and then put the xylene back to the basified solution? Or is it preferable to do several small xylene pulls and then combine those, then salt? Is there any difference (seems the same to me)

Usually the general consensus whether it be dmt extraction, mescaline, or whathaveyou - many small pulls is quite a bit better in terms of retrieving the actives versus one giant pull.

Hope this helps <3

teotenakeltje
#3 Posted : 4/6/2018 12:13:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for your quick reply tatt Thumbs up

regarding the boiling I was just wondering if it could degrade the mescaline in any way if the tea gets too thick and too hot during reducing, but I know mescaline is pretty stable molecule so.....shouldn't be too much of a problem I hope, cause I'd rather boil down as much as possible to prevent dealing with large quantities of liquid.

regarding the one pull vs several small pulls: can someone explain why several small pulls are more effective?

DansMaTete
#4 Posted : 4/6/2018 12:28:19 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

IME, too thick (sirupy) rise the risk of emulsion. If it's still watery, it's never been a problem to shake like crazy.

For pulling, instead of 1x1l, it would be better: 1x500ml, 2x250ml. Then combine, salt out and i would try a last pull with 500ml of the salted xylen to be sure the basic soup is well exhausted.

And enjoy Smile (i love this tek)

Edit: no risk to destroy mescaline during réduction.

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

teotenakeltje
#5 Posted : 4/6/2018 12:37:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the advise DansMaTete! Big grin

Kash
#6 Posted : 4/21/2018 4:59:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Hope it worked out nicely for you Teotenakeltje. Smile
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

teotenakeltje
#7 Posted : 4/21/2018 7:53:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic
#8 Posted : 4/21/2018 2:40:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

teotenakeltje wrote:
regarding the boiling I was just wondering if it could degrade the mescaline in any way if the tea gets too thick and too hot during reducing, but I know mescaline is pretty stable molecule so.....

Don't worry. Mescaline will survive as long as staying in the liquid. It can burn only when dry on a hot surface.

I never had success with Kash's tek though, always getting LOTS of emulsion. But maybe longer cooking and/or pressurre cooker would help.

Kash
#9 Posted : 4/30/2018 3:45:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

blue.magic wrote:
teotenakeltje wrote:
regarding the boiling I was just wondering if it could degrade the mescaline in any way if the tea gets too thick and too hot during reducing, but I know mescaline is pretty stable molecule so.....

Don't worry. Mescaline will survive as long as staying in the liquid. It can burn only when dry on a hot surface.

I never had success with Kash's tek though, always getting LOTS of emulsion. But maybe longer cooking and/or pressure cooker would help.

It will also burn when it gets in the thick syrupy state with only a few hundred ml of liquid left if the heat is too high. The key with the TEK is cook time rather than expensive reagents. Longer cook time will break down all the snot,and once broken up take multiple pulls with filtering, and cook down the combined extract until very thick. Once allowed to cool this syrup is easy to extract and doesnt form emulsions. The key is to not pull it off the heat too soon with too much volume, else you will get emulsions. If something is done wrong and you get an emulsion, these can be cleaned up pretty quickly with hot water bath or centrifuge.
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.