We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Wanted to make some capsules but unsure. Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 7/13/2009 1:19:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Caps? As in Liberty Caps? I thought it is impossible to smoke Psiloc(yb)in?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 7/13/2009 1:36:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Oh, sorry mate! It is a bit late here, and the Ganja I just smoked hit me really hard...

Now, for what your question really was. To use Syrian Rue as an MAOI, nothing more than 3-5 grams of seeds is needed (Ott 1994; Shulgin 1997; G&Z 1986). If you have a 10x extract, 300 to 500 milligrams would be sufficient.

I believe the route is fine, although you should consider taking the capsules at the same time. Personally, taking DMT and MAOI at the same time appears to make the journey more "authentic", i.e. more like real Ayahuasca. There is not only the MAOI effects of b-carbolines that make Ayahuasca so special, it is also how greatly the harmalines synergize with DMT. You are, however, correct that the inhibiting of MAO is best about 30-45 minutes after ingestion.

Ginkgo
#3 Posted : 7/14/2009 2:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, Terence McKenna was an extremely intelligent man with a lot of brilliant quotes like the one in my signature. May he rest in peace.

I should add that 200 mg of DMT may be a massive overdose, especially if you have little or no experience of DMT. Traditional Ayahuasca preparations has been found to contain DMT freebase in concentrations from 25 to 36 mg. Although this may not induce the mind-blowing trip you are possibly looking for, 200 mg is probably way too much. Always start low.

On a side note, traditional Ayahuasca preparations have an extreme variation of content of beta-carbolines, everything from 20 to 401 mg has been recorded. With a normal content of beta-carbolines at 3 % (2 - 6 % have been recoroded) for Syrian Rue, it contains about 30 mg Harmalines per gram of seeds. 5 gram of seeds (or 500 mg of 10x extract) is therefore about 150 mg, which is a fine content, if you take both the traditional use and the MAOI activity into account.

acolon_5
#4 Posted : 7/14/2009 2:55:25 PM

The Great Namah

SanMan wrote:
Sweet, thanks. That was what he was wanting to hear. He can get some 200mg capsules for the spice and some 400-500mg caps for the Rue. COOOOOL.

Don't overdue it on the rue, but a 10x extract is NOT always 10x as potent, only that it took 10grams of rue to make 1 gram of extract.

Capsules do take a bit more time to kick in. If you can stomach it you may have a better experience mixing it with a bit of OJ (both rue and spice) and swigg it all down. Best done on an empty stomach. This is not an authentic Ayahuasca experience. It is a rue+dmt experience. After trying both you will probably see a big difference....the Caapi really makes it more earthy and less space carnival.

Mimiosa + rue = super tricksey space circus freak show (IMHO)...it's a spectaular experience, don't get me wrong, but can be really weird at times.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

gammagore
#5 Posted : 8/11/2009 8:51:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey SanMan, any report back on how the journey went??

69ron
#6 Posted : 8/11/2009 9:14:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really don't recommend using capsules. It's not nearly as effective. Most people get much better results by dissolving everything in juice first.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

kyrolima
#7 Posted : 11/2/2009 1:12:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
I really don't recommend using capsules. It's not nearly as effective. Most people get much better results by dissolving everything in juice first.

Me too, i wasted about 1 g of stuff on capsules!!
Don't do it.
Do it this way:

Dissolve DMT+MAO in hot water, tea or other liquid.

elusive illusion