We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Difference of the different Isomers? Options

Aum_Shanti
#1 Posted : 4/28/2018 3:47:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I was wondering if the different isomers of some substances have different rf values? And if yes, what are the values in the database for?

E.g. is it possible to judge by TLC if Meth or Mephedrone is pure dextro or a racemic mix?

I guess not, as most labs even cannot tell you the isomer ratio.

BTW: Thanks again a lot for these kits. They are such a cheap way to know what you get, and it simply works!!!
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pitubo
#2 Posted : 4/28/2018 4:24:45 PM

dysfunctional word machine

For the separation of chiral isomers, you'll need a chirally active stationary phase. Probably needs to be tailored a bit to the specific substance to be separated, surely will be quite expensive.

There are other methods, eg. employing a specific stereoisomer of tartaric acid to form complexes with the isomers of the target substance with different solubilities.

Aum_Shanti
#3 Posted : 4/28/2018 4:58:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

@Pitubo: Ah, thank you very much!
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.