We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
STB Q Options

pfxtc
#1 Posted : 11/1/2009 5:03:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I came across a tek that says to use 100 grams MHRB. I'm aware that using over 250 grams in STB can be wasteful, but don't have the time to properly do an A/B. If one wanted had more then 100 grams, and they wanted to use say 200, would they just double the values of everything else in the extraction accordingly? Thanks.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Infundibulum
#2 Posted : 11/1/2009 6:18:07 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

pfxtc wrote:
I came across a tek that says to use 100 grams MHRB. I'm aware that using over 250 grams in STB can be wasteful, but don't have the time to properly do an A/B. If one wanted had more then 100 grams, and they wanted to use say 200, would they just double the values of everything else in the extraction accordingly? Thanks.

Wasteful in what sense?!?
Lye?

If you cannot find more lye or if you don't have enough time for A/B then you shouldn't be extracting in the first place. Alternatively you should extract a smaller amount of MHRB, according to the amount of lye you've got. Or, ask directly, like Q: "would 100g of lye be fine for do for 300g of MHRB in "2 litres of water?". A:"yes they would"

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

pfxtc
#3 Posted : 11/1/2009 7:21:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:
pfxtc wrote:

Wasteful in what sense?!?
Lye?

If you cannot find more lye or if you don't have enough time for A/B then you shouldn't be extracting in the first place. Alternatively you should extract a smaller amount of MHRB, according to the amount of lye you've got. Or, ask directly, like Q: "would 100g of lye be fine for do for 300g of MHRB in "2 litres of water?". A:"yes they would"

When did I say anything about lye?

Wasteful in the sense that the naphtha won't be able to pull out all of the valuables if that much MHRB is used. What I'm asking is, if you took a tek. that said specifically to use 100 grams and X amount of water and X amount of whatever else, and you simply multiplied everything by 2 or whatever, would it most likely still come out as desired? I'm gonna go with common sense and assume yes, but I just wanted to ask here first.

ismokecrystals
#4 Posted : 11/1/2009 9:02:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Not quite sure what you are asking but larger scale operations aren't wasteful. I'd probably still have a ton of bark left if I didn't do large extractions.

Infundibulum
#5 Posted : 11/1/2009 9:12:58 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

pfxtc wrote:
When did I say anything about lye?

Wasteful in the sense that the naphtha won't be able to pull out all of the valuables if that much MHRB is used. What I'm asking is, if you took a tek. that said specifically to use 100 grams and X amount of water and X amount of whatever else, and you simply multiplied everything by 2 or whatever, would it most likely still come out as desired? I'm gonna go with common sense and assume yes, but I just wanted to ask here first.

Sure you didn't say anything about lye (my wrong assumption) but you didn't specify on the nature on the "wastefuleness".

As for the question, no it is not wasteful, you'll just need to do more more pulls (or use more solvent per pull) to get what's in there!

pfxtc
#6 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:44:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok thank you, sorry if I came off harsh - it wasn't intended Smile

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 11/1/2009 10:48:19 PM

ModeratorChemical expert

No probs!Very happy Very happy