We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Research/field study on the effects of harmala alkaloids. Options

#1 Posted : 4/28/2018 11:27:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm posting this mostly to let people know and to see if anyone else is doing the same thing or would like to collaborate.

Myself and a group of friends (only about 10 so far) are conducting a Private study on the effects of harmala alkaloids, this means short term and long term effects from varying dosages ranging from therapeutic and non-psychedelic doses, to ones that make you feel you are one with everything with 30+ participants (pm me if you are interested in helping with the study or compiling research I would appreciate all the help i can get) all seeking "alleviation" from different illnesses/injuries/mind-states, this study will be about 6 months long as of now but might go longer with good results. Primarily we will be studying small therapeutic doses (non-psychedelic effects) that will be taken once daily over the course of two weeks and then two months although the dosages and dosing schedules are bound to change. The main objective of the first part of this study is to find a dose that the most people would obtain the most relief from a variety of things without the risk of "tripping out".

If you do not already know ayahuasca and Syrian rue seeds have both been used as a folk medicine for god knows how long and a pretty effective one at that with stories ranging from people being cured from their IBS/cancer/tremors/trauma/stomach problems/ptsd etc or even having their karma magically turned around, these are most notably from ayahuasca experiences but the Syrian rue seeds have proven themselves to be just as effective of a healer in many different ways. This can also be used to alleviate Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis and cancer among many other things. It has been determined that these healing properties or at least many of them come from the maoi in ayahuasca (from which the brew actually got its name meaning "vine of the souls" ) the harmala alkaloids which are also present in Syrian rue seeds and not from DMT.

The second and third part will be done one after the other unlike the first part. The second part of this study will be working with much larger doses and we WILL be shooting for hallucinatory effects, this will consist of 3 short 1 week long studies where doses are taken daily every 24 hours and the effects are monitored and assessed and the dose will change according to results. The third part of the study we will be adding DMT to the mix, this part is only three days long.

We are doing doses daily across all parts to also study the property of reverse tolerance with the harmala alkaloids, and yes I'm saying if you take aya/pharma etc two days in a row its better the next day! All of these results will be compiled/organized and posted here on the nexus and other like minded sites to share with all of you. Thank you everyone for reading this please ask any questions and give any info you might have. Also is this in the right section of the forum?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

pitubo
#2 Posted : 4/28/2018 1:01:35 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Your research project is very interesting, and yes, this would be the right place to post about it.

Good luck!

#3 Posted : 4/28/2018 5:39:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the welcome pitubo, I'm glad you think its interesting. If you have anything to share please do. I'm also open to suggestions.

Eaglepath
#4 Posted : 4/28/2018 6:08:27 PM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

Hello and welcome... very interesting study indeed!

I have worked a lot with Ayahuasca.. drinking daily for periods, both morning mid day and higher dosage in the evening..
I have also a lot of experience with Changa using pretty high harmala content.

If there is anything I can do to help just tell me..

Blessing!
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

dreamer042
#5 Posted : 4/28/2018 7:18:20 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

I've been taking moderate (20-30 mg or so) doses of harmalas nightly for several years. I'd be haapi to contribute any data that would be relevant to your study.

I think finding recruits able/willing to set aside 3 weeks for daily hallucinogenic doses may be difficult, but I'm interested in seeing the results on that one as I've experienced the reverse tolerance myself.

Sounds like a very cool endeavor, thanks for sharing and looking foward to seeing the results. Thumbs up
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

#6 Posted : 4/28/2018 11:15:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Eaglepath wrote:
Hello and welcome... very interesting study indeed!

I have worked a lot with Ayahuasca.. drinking daily for periods, both morning mid day and higher dosage in the evening..
I have also a lot of experience with Changa using pretty high harmala content.

If there is anything I can do to help just tell me..

Blessing!

Thank you Eaglepath and yes there is something you can do to help with the study. I really just need as much "data" as you can give me so I can add it to the rest. Things such as your doses each time for each substance and what form it was in (organic or extracted, also tea), how many days in a row, did you do a ritual and the differences in potency, journey and overall feeling from day to day. It would also help if you could note any occurrences with reverse tolerance and positive or healing effects that took place during or after the experience. Two questions though, have you ever done the same doses multiple times in a day or only redosed with dmt not harmalas? and please yes tell me about your changa experience I would love to hear about it but pm me as I cant pm you.

dreamer042 wrote:
I've been taking moderate (20-30 mg or so) doses of harmalas nightly for several years. I'd be haapi to contribute any data that would be relevant to your study.

I think finding recruits able/willing to set aside 3 weeks for daily hallucinogenic doses may be difficult, but I'm interested in seeing the results on that one as I've experienced the reverse tolerance myself.

Sounds like a very cool endeavor, thanks for sharing and looking foward to seeing the results. Thumbs up

Thank you dreamer042, all the compiled info will be posted here all at once when the study is finished except for what people post on their own time. yes it may be difficult but from what I've read and experienced the hallucinogenic effect is mellow (not mild) and only lasts from 4 to 6 hours depending on dosage, sometimes it can last 12 hours. Most of the inhibitory effect wears off after about 18 hours although i would give a full day of recovery to be sure. Would you please enlighten me to how you feel after taking this, like noticeable effects such as a high or hallucinations or change in mind-state/thought pattern. What kinds of pros and cons have you encountered while taking this daily?

Eaglepath
#7 Posted : 5/6/2018 7:53:20 AM

I rather root my values in my own hallucinations than in society´s neurotic illusions..

2.22.222 wrote:
I'm posting this mostly to let people know and to see if anyone else is doing the same thing or would like to collaborate.

Myself and a group of friends (only about 10 so far) are conducting a Private study on the effects of harmala alkaloids, this means short term and long term effects from varying dosages ranging from therapeutic and non-psychedelic doses, to ones that make you feel you are one with everything with 30+ participants (pm me if you are interested in helping with the study or compiling research I would appreciate all the help i can get) all seeking "alleviation" from different illnesses/injuries/mind-states, this study will be about 6 months long as of now but might go longer with good results. Primarily we will be studying small therapeutic doses (non-psychedelic effects) that will be taken once daily over the course of two weeks and then two months although the dosages and dosing schedules are bound to change. The main objective of the first part of this study is to find a dose that the most people would obtain the most relief from a variety of things without the risk of "tripping out".

If you do not already know ayahuasca and Syrian rue seeds have both been used as a folk medicine for god knows how long and a pretty effective one at that with stories ranging from people being cured from their IBS/cancer/tremors/trauma/stomach problems/ptsd etc or even having their karma magically turned around, these are most notably from ayahuasca experiences but the Syrian rue seeds have proven themselves to be just as effective of a healer in many different ways. This can also be used to alleviate Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, arthritis and cancer among many other things. It has been determined that these healing properties or at least many of them come from the maoi in ayahuasca (from which the brew actually got its name meaning "vine of the souls" ) the harmala alkaloids which are also present in Syrian rue seeds and not from DMT.

The second and third part will be done one after the other unlike the first part. The second part of this study will be working with much larger doses and we WILL be shooting for hallucinatory effects, this will consist of 3 short 1 week long studies where doses are taken daily every 24 hours and the effects are monitored and assessed and the dose will change according to results. The third part of the study we will be adding DMT to the mix, this part is only three days long.

We are doing doses daily across all parts to also study the property of reverse tolerance with the harmala alkaloids, and yes I'm saying if you take aya/pharma etc two days in a row its better the next day! All of these results will be compiled/organized and posted here on the nexus and other like minded sites to share with all of you. Thank you everyone for reading this please ask any questions and give any info you might have. Also is this in the right section of the forum?

You have PM
"Too cute to live, too cozy to die" - Eaglepath

EntreNous
#8 Posted : 5/21/2018 10:55:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello 2.22.222

Always nice to meet someone interested in harmaloids. I have a pretty close relationship with rue. In the last year or so I've done daily doses at all three levels of your research. I'm happy to give you input from those experiments as well as take part in your study. Harmaloids are a surprisingly deep subject and a lot of the literature is admittedly above my intellectual paygrade. I'd be happy to take part in pooling and comparing experiences, particularly with my friends on the nexus.
Be regular and orderly in your life, that you may be violent and original in your work. -Flaubert-

till next time , ahskě:nę hę ( Peace)

BrazilianShaman
#9 Posted : 12/18/2018 1:45:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello there! First time using DMT-Nexus, and actually first time utilizing a forum at all.

Anyways, I'm very interested in how your study went (is going?) as I myself was thinking of doing the same, except I found no one to follow me in this path, so I will do it alone. I have 5kg of Iranian Syrian Rue with me that I brought back from Lebanon. My idea is to do a thorough study with the rue + other entheogens and in different types of applications (smoking, snuffing, eating, drinking). For example Mimosa Hostilis is like a pest here where I live in northeastern Brazil, it grows wildly and everywhere, but very little people knows the power this plant holds. But before I get to the mixing phase (rue + mimosa, etc), I want to study the rue by itself first, so I want to eat, smoke, drink it, and in varied doses, just like you're doing with your group from what I understood.

Therefore, I'm really curious about your study. How can I follow the results? Or maybe even participate in it? Thank you! :-)

Loveall
#10 Posted : 12/18/2018 2:47:37 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

BrazilianShaman wrote:
... For example Mimosa Hostilis is like a pest here where I live in northeastern Brazil, it grows wildly and everywhere...

That is so cool Smile
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚