We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Nutmeg deliriant effect Options

DelusioN
#1 Posted : 4/25/2018 6:15:54 PM

s p a c e d o u t

What should be the dosage to get a little bit of the deliriant effect?
I never really got it... And i really want to experience this Pleased

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Kajlian
#2 Posted : 4/25/2018 7:20:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've experimented a lot with nutmeg.

The dosages I found online are much lower than the ones I tried, so I suggest you start with a low dose of something like 5 grams and then slowly work your way up.

For me, a tea made from 20 grams of nutmeg makes for a strong cannabis-like high with a slightly more psychedelic headspace and more trippy thoughts than cannabis, but also more negative effects like cottonmouth and dizziness. It's not much of a deleriant in my opinion, at least not in this dosage.
This is equivalent to about 10-15 grams of nutmeg if I ingest it without any preparation.

I always use freshly ground nutmeg, because I find it has a much stronger effect than the pre-ground stuff.

I want to stress once more that you should try a much lower dose first, and slowly work your way up. Nutmeg is very long-lasting and should be approached with caution.
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 4/25/2018 7:39:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I've posted a fair amount on nutmeg as well. My recommendation is to make a tincture from high-quality, freshly ground nutmeg kernels in 90% ethanol. I'll see what links I can find as there's been some usefully discussion in this field here already. There's a number of tricks for improving efficacy as this is determined by metabolic and absorptive factors.

Nutmeg, IME, is a superb potentiator for a number of classical psychedelics.

Quote:
I want to stress once more that you should try a much lower dose first, and slowly work your way up. Nutmeg is very long-lasting and should be approached with caution.

This is really important. In Chinese medicine, nutmeg is regarded as a medium-strength remedy with some chronic toxicity. Due to the way it is/can be metabolised, this is not to be taken lightly. I feel it is possible it may even trigger autoimmune diseases, but for now that's strictly anecdotal.

Attached is a short paper on some of my early experiences.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Kajlian
#4 Posted : 4/25/2018 9:34:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
Attached is a short paper on some of my early experiences.

Thanks for writing that paper, very interesting! The effects you mention with the tincture seem very different from anything I ever experienced with nutmeg tea or raw nutmeg. Do you think this is just due to individual differences in body chemistry or do you think making the tincture does something to the active chemicals to change their structure in any way?
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 4/25/2018 9:56:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

(I've made this my official nutmeg (and phenylpropene-containing herb) related index post. If you come across other threads that you feel are relevant but which aren't listed below, please let me know!)

Links:

Nutmeg - The Worst Hallucinogen Ever?
Nutmeg: navigating myristicin
Nutmeg Infused Olive Oil
Compendium for LEGIT[I]MATE nut[m]eg information
Whole Nutmeg while on an MAO-A Inhibitor
Nutmeg Constituents are Mildly Soluble in Water
Nutmeg

Nutmeg making headlines

Space Paste Thread
Space Jam (Space Paste) - A Legal Psychedelic Recipe
Space Paste Chocolates
Space Booze! Space Paste EtOH Extraction SUCCESS!
Psychedelic Hot Chocolate Recipe

Acorus calamus overdose
Sweet flag root

wormwood extract
Absinthe - recipe

Elemi and blue chamomile bioassays
Elemi Booster?
Strengthen elemi trips via internal ammonia production, physical exertion?
69Ron's "Triple E" Tech for Elemicin Extraction from Elemi Oil

Is safrole psychedelic?

Essential Oils and Entheogenic Use
Piperine: The opener ?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 4/25/2018 10:03:21 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Quote:
Do you think this is just due to individual differences in body chemistry or do you think making the tincture does something to the active chemicals to change their structure in any way?

Besides my likely highly anomalous metabolism, it's about dose and bioavailability. I think certain bioactive lignans are made available in the tincture that modulate the experience in this way. These would normally remain in the nutmeg solids. These substances affect cytochrome enzymes as detailed in the paper attached below.

downwardsfromzero
#7 Posted : 4/25/2018 10:07:41 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Here's a paper about the metabolism of nutmeg phenylpropenes in humans.

Doc Buxin
#8 Posted : 4/25/2018 11:59:21 PM

Pay No Mind

downwardsfromzero wrote:
This is really important. In Chinese medicine, nutmeg is regarded as a medium-strength remedy with some chronic toxicity. Due to the way it is/can be metabolised, this is not to be taken lightly.

I concur.

I once posted a considerate warning regarding this on one of the nutmeg threads here in the forum. It was met with a "huh? What are you talking about? I just wanna get high man" kind of attitude.

I can only sigh and shake my head when people start fooling around with substances that they haven't taken the time to research properly.

Peace
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Cactus Man
#9 Posted : 4/26/2018 4:16:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

awesome thread. i tried nutmeg once or twice as a teenager but sadly to no avail. i have one or two whole nutmegs in the spice cabinet though that are many years old. im pretty sure they would preserve the alkaloids well (or maybe not? Wut? ). even had an acetate extraction at one point as well but i dont believe it was ever bioassessed Sad .

this thread among others have resparked my interest in nutmeg and im hoping to get some more at some point. yet the idea of people saying it can be a deliriant makes me uneasy. a lot of people describe it as a cannabis like high but with psychedelic/deliriant side effects. do people have any true consensus on weather nutmeg provides an enjoyable high or is it very subjective on set and setting and the user in question (my assumption is the latter)?

clearly the only true way for me to know is to find out for myself Big grin

downwardsfromzero
#10 Posted : 4/26/2018 11:41:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nutmeg is what it is. And for god's sake, make a tincture like I say. With fresh kernels. There's no point in being lazy about this stuff.

I'll dump a bunch of reading material here too.

Nutmeg alkaloids are considered to be a negligible factor in the effects - but considering nobody has bothered to find out what they are, well, it would be great to know. Some members of the Myristicaceae produce tryptamines.

Doc Buxin
#11 Posted : 4/27/2018 8:12:37 PM

Pay No Mind

downwardsfromzero wrote:
...I'll dump a bunch of reading material here too...

See how kind downwardsfromzero is? Love He gives you this^^^^ kind of stuff to dig into!

We are all so lucky to have him around here! Thumbs up

Knock yourself out Cactus Man! (figuratively speaking only, of course!)
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Cactus Man
#12 Posted : 4/28/2018 11:46:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

right on im most certainly interested to browse this information more in depth when the time is right. nutmeg is quite an interesting psychoactive indeed and I have heard of it being used in forms of a snuff many generations ago.

downwardsfromzero
#13 Posted : 4/29/2018 2:59:58 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Cactus Man wrote:
right on im most certainly interested to browse this information more in depth when the time is right. nutmeg is quite an interesting psychoactive indeed and I have heard of it being used in forms of a snuff many generations ago.

For the sake of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, don't snort nutmeg powder!!

I can attest that this is nearly as much of a dumb idea as that of eating tablespoons of the stuff. All it does is make pain and long-term sinus problems.

downwardsfromzero
#14 Posted : 4/29/2018 3:03:10 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Doc Buxin wrote:

See how kind downwardsfromzero is? Love He gives you this^^^^ kind of stuff to dig into!

We are all so lucky to have him around here! Thumbs up

Knock yourself out Cactus Man! (figuratively speaking only, of course!)

Embarrased Love That is so kind of you to say! Means so much to me Crying or very sad Love

downwardsfromzero
#15 Posted : 6/4/2018 3:53:17 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Doc Buxin wrote:
I once posted a considerate warning regarding this on one of the nutmeg threads here in the forum. It was met with a "huh? What are you talking about? I just wanna get high man" kind of attitude.

It was here.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 7/27/2020 4:22:43 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Sorry (again!) for cross-posting, this is important:
Quote:
Just dumping this video here:

Highly relevant, be warned if you're sensitive/squeamish!

Lemon Flip
#17 Posted : 12/23/2020 7:56:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I actually have a decent amount of experience with nutmeg, as a pre-ground powder. I never got effects from oil although I suspect it was a shitty oil with myristicin/elemicin left out or intentionally removed :/ Made me nauseous and that was that. Also didn't use the triple E tech.

I usually prepare about 15 grams of powdered nutmeg and leave it with ~ 7-10 grams of black pepper in hot water for an hour, strain solids drink liquid. Now this doesn't remove the trimyristin as trimyristin's boiling point is just over half that of water. But its water solubility isn't great, but it seems to float to the surface with many of the other oils. Mad

It has always been extremely pleasant with the only side-effect being dry mouth, throat, and sinuses. It has also made me constipated which I believe these side effects are a result of anti-cholinergic activity. Euphoria, similar to cannabis in its character, fish eye effect, sense of weightlessness, mood lift, confusion. Good fun. I don't do it on its own anymore, it REALLY shines when in combination with harmala alkaloids and LSD. Goddamn is it wonderful. It really potentiates both the harmaline/harmine and the LSD. It is such a synergistic combination I was spiralling into a negative trip with anxiety because it was coming on so fast and strong, the confusion from the nutmeg was not helping. But then, as I reached the peak the sheer amount of euphoria pulled it from hell and sent me to heavenLove Thumbs up
10/10 experience, the afterglow from 200ugs, 9 grams nutmeg (tea form), and 2.5g Peganum harmala was extraordinary. Haven't experienced anything quite that great!

In fact I'm repeating the process with a little more nutmeg, peganum harmala, and 300ugs LSD christmas morning (~2:00a.m.)

downwardsfromzero
#18 Posted : 1/26/2021 2:05:09 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Just noticed your post here, Lemon Flip. Thanks for sharing.

I've had some fantastic times with nutmeg tincture as a pre-dose adjunct to mushrooms or cactus. More colours, more euphoria, socialization intact (which can otherwise be a problem for me with shrooms [yes, set and setting also Embarrased])

Nutmeg and shrooms was the only time I had the ground waving up and down like a roller-coaster. The only downside was my belly hurt from laughing so much Laughing

Interesting also that you've had the balls to combine nutmeg and harmalas. I think there's a thread for that combo: Whole Nutmeg while on an MAO-A Inhibitor (found courtesy of my nutmeg index post, above Big grin )
If there's anything further you have to add about it your contribution would be most welcome.

How was your Xmas day?