We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV234
Mushrooms / Psilocin and Psilocybin Workthread Options

Mindlusion
#61 Posted : 4/25/2018 4:23:48 AM

Chairman of the Celestial Divison

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Hehe well for starters -NH is a much better nucleophile than -OH, you can apparently acetylate such amines with a very benign acetylating agent as ASA. Where -OH acetylation will require more, a base to deprotonate (or for nucleophilic catalysis) and your industry standard acetylating agent.

It shouldn't be necessary, however, to acetylate. Its not hard to keep the -OH protonated, psilocin is neutral and is soluble in the appropriate organic solvent as per the literature.

i've always thought that potential H-bonding interaction had a lot to do with psilocins potency, maybe easier to bypass MAO or increase BBB permability (hiding the polarity, like you said DFZ)
Expect nothing, Receive everything.
"Experiment and extrapolation is the only means the organic chemists (humans) currrently have - in contrast to "God" (and possibly R. B. Woodward). "
He alone sees truly who sees the Absolute the same in every creature...seeing the same Absolute everywhere, he does not harm himself or others. - The Bhagavad Gita
"The most beautiful thing we can experience, is the mysterious. The source of all true art and science."

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Loveall
#62 Posted : 4/29/2018 9:14:03 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
I think this internal interaction hides some of the polarity of psilocin. So the slope seen with increased ionic strength in the graph there may relate to that. What does a similar plot for o-cresol vs. m-cresol look like? Or 4-OH indole vs. 5-OH indole? I'll have to sleep on this one.

I couldn't get o-cresol vs. m-cresol to work in the simulation since they don't seem to be zwitterions. However, based on your suggestion I added 6-OH-DMT to our list of 4-OH-DMT (psilocin) and 5-OH-DMT (bufotenin). As expected 6-OH-DMT is a lot more resistant to change when salting water, supporting your proposal of self-cylisation interactions Thumbs up :
Loveall attached the following image(s):
4-5-6-OH.png (25kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

downwardsfromzero
#63 Posted : 4/30/2018 9:55:39 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Good stuff, Loveall. I really appreciate what you've been working on here.

Might as well run for 7-OH DMT as well, to account for electromeric effects.

(My dear little ego has been jumping for joy since Mindlusion replied Laughing )

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Loveall
#64 Posted : 1/8/2019 1:03:34 PM

❀️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

A new entry seems to have popped up for psilocybin at PubChem (or at least I had not seem it there before),

PubChem wrote:
In water, 2.0X10+3 mg/L at 25 deg C (est)
US EPA; Estimation Program Interface (EPI) Suite. Ver.3.12. Nov 30, 2004. Available from, as of Dec 22, 2005: http://www.epa.gov/oppt/...sure/pubs/episuitedl.htm

I added this estimation of 2mg/ml to the wiki.

The EPI suite software looks interesting. There is more info here. Seems like it could be a useful scientific tool, but be warned that it is published by a government.

💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

«PREV234