We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Indoor grown Caapi var. caupuri leaf extraction results Options

Jagube
#1 Posted : 4/24/2018 3:38:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A bit less than 2 years ago I brought a Caapi var. caupuri cutting home from the tropics. I grew it indoors and it quickly reached ceiling height. From then on I'd prune it regularly to keep it in check and eat or smoke the pruned leaves. Recently it occurred to me to dry them and collect them in a jar. After collecting ca. 40g of dry leaves (more on that below) I decided to attempt a simple A/B extraction.

The composition of the input material was:
33.6g dried green (i.e. picked from the plant while still green) leaves + 6g dried brown (fallen off) leaves + 15.4g fresh green leaves.
Since roughly 90% of the fresh leaves is water (as confirmed by my own experiments), I count the 15.4g fresh green leaves as 1.54g dried green leaves, which brings the total to around 41.14g, bearing in mind 6g of it was brown (i.e. dead, and presumably less active) leaves.

I did 3 short boils, then filtered, based, acidified, filtered, and based again (with ammonia).

The resulting precipitate was then dried. It weighed just over 1.2g. In places it was hard to scrape off as it stuck to the ceramic dish. It's brown and looks like small burned flakes. I'm assuming it's fairly impure.
Simple Caapi extractions are supposed to be roughly 50% pure, so if mine matches that, it would be a whopping 600mg alks from only 40g dried leaves from an indoor plant, which would mean I could journey with my home-grown Caapi a few times a year.

I'm curious how pure it actually is and what its alkaloid content is. I may bioassay it some time in the coming days.
Jagube attached the following image(s):
DSC_0317.JPG (334kb) downloaded 133 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

FranLover
#2 Posted : 7/2/2019 7:06:37 AM

Long live the world in peace, prosperity, and freedom from suffering

Did you use it?
Todo lo que quiero es que me recuerdes siempre así...amándote. Mantay kuna kayadidididi~~Ayahuasca shamudididi. Silence ○ Shiva ◇ eternal Purusha.
What we have done is establish the rule of authority in silence. Silence is the administrator of the universe. In silence is the script of Natural Law, eternally guiding the destiny of everyone. The Joy of Giving See the job. Do the job. Stay out of the misery.
May this world be established with a sense of well-being and happiness. May all beings in all worlds be blessed with peace, contentment, and freedom.
This mass of stress visible in the here & now has sensuality for its reason, sensuality for its source, sensuality for its cause, the reason being simply sensuality.

Jagube
#3 Posted : 7/2/2019 9:46:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I did. IIRC it turned out to be maybe 25% pure, but was fine otherwise.

DreadedShaman
#4 Posted : 7/2/2019 1:06:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is cool! I recently purchased a b. Caapi vine from a green house, it's quite happy out in my yard right now but I figure I'll have to move it inside as it gets too big to handle.

Ferrum
#5 Posted : 7/2/2019 10:44:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think this is an extremely worthwhile pursuit considering that leaves have nearly and most times more harmalas that the vine itself and if you think about the weight and the amount of time it takes to get fresh vine from a stock and then also once you harvest leaves they will regrow from nodes along the harvested vine , virtually adding more harvest areas later then you have a maoi worthy of anyone with a decent green thumb to keep the vine alive . Well done Jagube !

TexasTrichocereus
#6 Posted : 7/5/2019 4:10:25 PM

Stay humble don’t stumble

Good work

Home grown is always satisfying