We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is this typical? After research, don't know if I've broke through. Options

DmtProphecy
#1 Posted : 4/23/2018 3:12:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The first time I did DMT, I initially took 2 big hits which I held in for atleast 10 or more seconds. At that point I filled my lungs again, but being so surprised/ shocked/ something, forgot to hold in the third hit and blew it out like a ciggerette after only a second or two. With eyes open I said to the person with me... 'things' look weird. He told me to close my eyes so I did. I saw flowing patterns, like ribbons. They were flowing so close to me like a whirlpool... too close to me to make out what they were. This was frustrating and felt like I was straining to 'see the bigger picture'. The experience ended quickly... two minutes, if that. Then all of a sudden, I was right back to normal. No breakthrough.

The next time I first took 3 big hits, one quickly after the other. I held them in again for a minimum of 10 seconds. After that he asked me if I wanted another hit. I didn't know how to talk but reached my hand out and grasped the pipe. "What is this thing?, is it real and how do I use it?" I grasped it a few different ways but couldn't understand. He realized what was happening, tried to explain, helped me hold it correctly, told me to inhale and hold it in. At some point he said the pipe messed up. It was very confusing but I took some more hits. (Later he said that those hits equaled one more big hit. So the total amount was about 4 giant hits. Near the end of holding in hits, holding them in didn't feel real... like I couldn't feel my breath.

At this point I was unable to do anything. All I could do was move around a bit on the bed. I didn't understand language at all. The patterns were all over the room, which was dimly lit. I layed back in the bed and closed my eyes. The patterns were more intense but similar to my first experience in one very irritating way... They were ribboning so very close to me, that it was impossible to see whar they were. I wanted to badly to get more of a perspective so I could see what was going on, but I couldn't get out of this small space. (This happened the first time too. The visuals were blurry like the first time too, but might not have seemed this way if they were further away? I attempted to ask the same questions that I had came to ask, and had asked the last time, but without language, all I could do was attempt to telepathically ask the questions. I was not aware of my body at all. I kept thinking, I don't understand what this means, just like the first time I had wondered but without the language dialogue voice.

Things were ripping all around me. I became somewhat suspicious at this point. Why won't anything show it's self? Why won't anything answer my questions. The fact that everything was too close to see... it made me think there was a 50/ 50 chance things were being hidden from me. I would consider myself an intelligent person and good at detecting when someone means to hide something from me. Is that what's happening, I wondered? I don't know, I don't know. I tried to push back the scenery to get a better perspective but I was unable to do so. It was similar to a tablecloth on a table, with objects all over it... as if someone had yanked that tablecloth and the stuff flew everywhere. This is the only way I could describe the hectic chaos that I found myself in. Is this the fabric of reality? I had a feeling of doom... I sort of felt this the last time too. This time it was more intense. I remembered my body and my eyes. I opened my eyes and saw him on the bed. After I felt a bit more relaxed, I managed to say, I'm gonna try and close my eyes again". I did but my trip seemed to be the same... not going in the direction I wanted it to. No entities, unable to see very far away with eyes closed to get a perspective and this doomy feeling. I said to myself," it's ok, I've done this before and I came out ok, it's not really that strange". (After becoming sober i realize that in this life i have NEVER experienced anything like this but maybe in a previous one.)

I opened my eyes again. Is this ever going to end? Have I went too far to come back? I crawled through the patterns over my blanket. I ran my hands over them. It seemed like a projection. I touched it and looked closely at the fibers. I went over and touched his back. It felt like soft, thick plastic was over his back. I thought that it must go up past his head. Why does he have that there? Did he put it there? What's the point of it? I kept touching his back. "It's ok, don't worry about me he said". "Why are you over here? Do you want to lay down?", I asked. "It's ok, it happened to me too he said". "What happened to us?," I wondered. Did I smoke stuff? Was that the casue? Did he smoke it too?

We layed down together under the blankets. I felt to cold. Warming up next to him felt good. "Its lasting a long time", i said. "I know", he said. At this point i realized it was wearing off and I felt more grounded in reality. I started to tell him about my experience. While doing so I went completely back to normal.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

I didn't have what I understand to be a typical break through experience. No entities. No identifiable scenery, no ultra sharp and vibrant patterns (they were blurry like the first time). I didn't feel like I was 'breaking through a dome". I didn't hear a plastic wrap crinkling sound at any point.

I don't feel enlightened. I have begun to look at the experience differently though. I'm thinking that reality doesn't want me to ask it these questions. I don't necessarily think it's a malevolent thing although I'm keeping an open mind either way. I think it's possible that reality expects me to figure it out myself.

Im thinking to go into the next trip differently than I did these first times. I'm not going in asking questions. If and when the questions are not answered, I will be thinking of all possible answers. Some of the possible answers (the negative ones) apparently will cause me a bad trip. It doesn't matter that I never thought that the negative answers were necessarily true. (I wasn't sure either way.) But entertaining those negative possibilities while within the trip is apparently not a good idea for me. Next time I'm going in, not asking questins, not expecting answers, and not over analysing/ overthinking/ trying to rationalize and understand it. I'm hoping that if I go into the trip with this state of mind, it's possible that reality will let me see what's going on around me from a better perspective as opposed to things so close to my face that I can't make them out.

It's also possible that I need to make friends with something before asking it questions? I'm not sure if that would work?

I'm not sure if I broke through or not. Maybe Next time I need 5 hits? I've never heard of it being impossible for one to take the necessary amount of hits though. If it weren't for his help, I wouldn't have been able to even take the fourth hit (s). I wouldn't have been able to figure out how to use the pipe or even realized what it was if he hadn't reminded me. Its possible I could achieve 5 big hits, if he helped. Its also possible that I won't be able to understand a simple command like "inhale and hold it in".

It's also possible that I did too much. Maybe I should have stayed at 3 hits? I hear that one must find their sweet spot.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Astonish
#2 Posted : 4/23/2018 3:21:37 PM

Ontological Philosopher

How did you smoke it? Improper ingestion can do that.
Was it freebase?
Was it a blend?
If used effectively it should only take 3 good hits to completely breakthrough.
Learning is the paramount delectation, and tribulation in life.
~Astonish

DmtProphecy
#3 Posted : 4/23/2018 4:08:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not sure what kind it was. The instructions for making it did not specify. I can say that it quickly dissolves in 100% acetone. I forget which kind does that.

I have lots of experience with smoking in general (other substances). I've smoked out of regular weed and tobacco pipes, pipes with carbs, bongs, meth pipes/ glass bubbles, crack pipes, tin foil and straw, joints, ciggerettes and e cigs. That said, I've never smoked dmt prior to these two times. The method I used to smoke the dmt was 'the machine' both times. Because the hole to inhale is at the opposite end that the pipe is loaded, it's difficult to see what I'm doing and where the flame is. For this reason my trip partner lights it for me. I do the same for him. He doesn't have previous experience with smoking things but nothing stands out to me that he could be doing wrong. Maybe it would be good for us to try a different smoking method, that way it's easier for me to see how close the flame is.

I have heard of people needing 5 hits. That's the most I've heard of though. Is it possible it's my brain chemistry? My brain has had a lot of drigs put in it in my younger days especially. Additionally I have cptsd which rewires the brain in an atypical way especially when it occurs in childhood.

Maybe if I would have been in a different state of mind, it woukd have worked though? Is this possible?

I know it's not preferable, but I've been thinking about taking it orally with maoi or intranasally that way I have the chance to get more in before I lose too much awareness to do so.

More than anything, I want to know if anyone has experienced something similar to me. When my parter does it, he is able to clearly see the patterns from far enough away to make out what they are. He's seen eyes, all kinds of freemason symbols, entities/ faces ect in the patterns and with only 3 hits. He did say his can appear blurry sometimes though. He has also not seen scenery (desserts, mountains) nor had any conversations with anything. He does hear sounds while tripping. I hear complete silence. His experiences thus far seem more typical of others dmt experience than mine. He has not actually broken through on 3 hits either though. He might be getting close though because he sometimes hears a loud crinkling/ buzzing sound.

Oh, almost forgot. I'm on a prescribed dose of suboxone 2 mg per day but sometimes up to 4mg. Within a months time I've reduced to this amount from 12 mg daily. I've done well but due to the withdrawl have not been able to make it much lower for any significant amount of days. Could this be effecting my experience with dmt? My trip partner is taking the same dose of suboxone.

I'm using a regular lighter. Not a torch lighter. How likely is this the problem? I'll be picking up a torch lighter today.

To clarify, I exhaled large clouds of smoke, especially the first three hits. The only time between the first three hits was just enough time to empty my lungs and light it up so surely I'm doing it quickly enough?

Astonish
#4 Posted : 4/23/2018 7:57:23 PM

Ontological Philosopher

(My) method of smoking freebase (white crystal powder) is
Ash on bottom,
.05 freebase (Find your dose)
and just cover it with some cannabis.
light the top layer of flower, and make it vape the freebase in the middle with the ash catching it.
I breakthrough 2-3 hits.
I am unsure of what is happening here, maybe bad dmt, maybe medicine, or maybe smoking method.
There is a tek using only organic compounds such as lime, and 5% vinegar, and using naptha as solvent.
yielding 2g per 100G mhrb.
You at your own discretion may try. Beauty of this is none of these are watched ingredients, unlike lye which is used in the production of meth.
Start with new FB, try that method above, if you fail then there is something going on in your brain for sure, whether it be the pharma, or the brain chemistry.
I for one highly doubt it's your brain, it's got to be either the method, fb, or simply the medicine you are taking counteracting the FB.
Just a random thought, but to travel between worlds you cant be connected in this right? Maybe the suboxone keeps you attached to this reality because of its effects on the brain.
If that stuff keeps you up, it's hard for me to think you could breakthrough with something keeping you in this reality. Try getting off of it completely and let your brain get back to normal, during that time, in your own endeavor get your FB from yourself, that way you know it is good, fresh and clean. (harm reduction) go 2 weeks without any suboxone or any other pharma. If you can do this, maybe it will completely wipe your addiction? This is all speculative and subjective; give it a try, I am sure it will work.
~Astonish

DmtProphecy
#5 Posted : 4/23/2018 9:45:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll keep all of this in mind and think on it.

I used to be prescribed massive amounts of medications for an 'unknown' mental illness. Too many substances to list... seroquel, Zoloft and maybe a dozen things im total. Atleast 5 years have passed with no medications but I fear now that the damage could have been permenant. I hope this isn't the case. It turns out that I don't have a mental illness. I had undiagnosed ptsd which was only diagnosed a few years back. Basically all those high doses of medicine was for nothing. I felt crazy when on those medicines. As soon as use quit for some months I laughed for the first time. My life has gotten better ever since. I'll never trust a doctor ever again. I was reading an arcticle about the effects on serotonin receptors that these medications have.

It's possible that I currently have a hormone imbalance. (Low sex drive/ fatigue) I'm waiting for the results to that. Maybe the hormones can effect how my brain processes it too but I've not researched that yet.

I won't jump to conclusions about this possibility or any previously talked about though. I'll just troubleshoot the best I can.

Southern_Bayou
#6 Posted : 4/23/2018 10:13:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is a post a buddy made a month or so ago. He is also on 16mg subs a day

My friend just started experimenting a few months ago. In this time he has smoked DMT about 15-20 times, thanks to Nomans tek. Only on a few, like 2 or 3 trips can he remember anything. He has went from 10mg to 35mg with GVG. He has the vaporizing tech sown pretty well. Can get the whole dose in one hit, Not harsh at all. So the onset of the trip is hard and immediate. Crazy open eye visuals, loud humming and fells like my whole body is vibrating. The thing is after that hr can;t remember anything. He got curious as to the time was gone so He started recording the trips.

On the dosages from 15mg to 35mg He would be gone anywhere from 6-8 minutes. During the trip his eyes would open and shut often, with a stare that looks like he is seeing something. His head rolling around while moaning and groaning. Sometime eyes rolling back while making grunting noises, really wierd to see himself doing that. Almost freaks him out. One thing that in sonstant is when he is coming around he feels a presence in the room like someone is there. That is the ONLY thing he can remember. Not really concerned about breakthrough, He knows that will come one day ( hopefully).Just wondering is this normall. Is he the only one who acts like this while gone on the trip. Is it common for people to not ever remember anything?

Any advice, help, am I the only one, Will it ever come around???

DmtProphecy
#7 Posted : 4/24/2018 1:54:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I was doing some googling on suboxone. Apparently it causes seretonin syndrome. I've not found any contradictions with dmt however. I have heard of a few accounts of people using suboxone and dmt together. It seems like the only things that have been documented to happen that I've seen is lowered experience, black out, and with a guy that injected dmt and suboxone together, shortness of breath. I don't know if this means anything for your friend. He's on a really high dose. From what I see blackouts aren't necessarily a danger on dmt. I just thought I would throw that out there in case he has any especially concerning symptoms. Im no dr or anything. I can say from my experience and that of others that reducing from really high doses of suboxone isn't that hard. Its that last few milligrams. I'm not going to be able to get off of it now. The withdrawl would last months cold turkey. I wouldn't be able to function through the pain. Slow weaning can take years. I wish I weren't on it so badly.

Astonish
#8 Posted : 4/24/2018 3:47:38 AM

Ontological Philosopher

DmtProphecy wrote:
I was doing some googling on suboxone. Apparently it causes seretonin syndrome. I've not found any contradictions with dmt however. I have heard of a few accounts of people using suboxone and dmt together. It seems like the only things that have been documented to happen that I've seen is lowered experience, black out, and with a guy that injected dmt and suboxone together, shortness of breath. I don't know if this means anything for your friend. He's on a really high dose. From what I see blackouts aren't necessarily a danger on dmt. I just thought I would throw that out there in case he has any especially concerning symptoms. Im no dr or anything. I can say from my experience and that of others that reducing from really high doses of suboxone isn't that hard. Its that last few milligrams. I'm not going to be able to get off of it now. The withdrawl would last months cold turkey. I wouldn't be able to function through the pain. Slow weaning can take years. I wish I weren't on it so badly.

Like I said, it may actually help your addiction.
Get as low as possible, It may be hard but it will be worth it.
I believe in you.. Are there other medicines you take that may interfere?
~Astonish

TGO
#9 Posted : 4/26/2018 12:52:03 AM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Astonish wrote:
My method of smoking freebase (white crystal powder) is
Ash on bottom,
.2 freebase
and just cover it with some cannabis.

Astonish, did you mean 0.2g or 0.02g?

For the sake of clarity, and for future readers of this post, 0.2 grams is equal to 200 milligrams, which is 10 times more than the recommended starting dose (~20mg) for people new to DMT. 0.02 is 20 milligrams, which is much more reasonable, assuming that is what you meant to type...?

If you did mean to write 0.2g (200mg):

It is important to remember that The Nexus is centered around harm reduction. Please do not advocate that people smoke 200mg. That is asking for a big heaping pile of trouble.

As for this:

Astonish wrote:
Try getting off of it completely and let your brain get back to normal, during that time, in your own endeavor get your FB from yourself, that way you know it is good, fresh and clean. (harm reduction) go 2 weeks without any suboxone or any other pharma.

The Nexus is not the place to give random medical advice. It is not for us to tell someone to get on or off their prescribed medication. Anyone who is thinking about that sort of thing needs to sit down and have an in-depth talk with their doctor, who can answer their questions and give real, concrete medical advice. See the Attitude page and linked thread below for more information.

Attitude Page wrote:

Safe and constructive drug talk

We do NOT give medical advice here (such as telling people not to see doctors and go to shamans for serious medical problems, etc), as this thread explains. Lastly, please read the Health and Safety section and the for contraindications, facts and tips on safety, reducing risks, dealing with difficult experiences, integrating the trips and maximizing benefits.

New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Astonish
#10 Posted : 4/26/2018 10:46:58 AM

Ontological Philosopher

I was not recommending anything.
I was simply stating how I mix mine, .2 does fine for me for about 5 good hits.
I would never tell someone just starting out to go smoke 200MG of DMT at once.
~Astonish

Fidelsbeard
#11 Posted : 4/26/2018 1:15:06 PM

The Life You Ordered has Arrived

Astonish wrote:

go 2 weeks without any suboxone or any other pharma. If you can do this, maybe it will completely wipe your addiction? This is all speculative and subjective; give it a try, I am sure it will work.

I was on methadone for years, the last few mls is the hardest...if what you say is "speculative" then you cannot be "sure it will work". Addiction is a complex and personal issue and an individuals reaction to DMT is varied. There really needs to be a lot of honest research carried out with an open mind on "both sides": all in the brain/entities are constructs of the mind or travelling to another realm/entities have their own existence...

DmtProphecy
#12 Posted : 4/26/2018 5:17:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I really thought it was me. I have a problem with overthinking. Its part of my personality.. can't help it. I got further though... so I'm sure now I can make it where I want to be next time. I'm not taking any other medications although I'll be honest here and admit that every few days I have a glass of wine. Prior to discovering dmt I was attempting to use the alcohol to get lower on the suboxone but I wasnt stabilizing even after a week of being on the lower dose. The amount I drink is only which to get a buzz now... I'm not drinking more than two glasses of wine when I do and go days between. No other meds though.

Im going to post my newest experience on another thread. While I didn't break through to where other people do... I did break through to something that I'll never forget.

Additionally my trip partner broke though his most recent time. He had a typical breakthrough experience. He does not experience confusion as quickly as me so it was easier for him to get there too. It kicks in too fast for me. I wonder if its my fast motabalism. I'm petite and thin and can eat whatever I want. Makes sense to me but who knows.