We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Full 100% DMT perma tolerance Options

Aum_Shanti
#21 Posted : 4/22/2018 11:28:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I can imagine, how the brain learns to handle this chemical influence. But there definitely seems to exist a receptor tolerance component involving 5HT2. Otherwise I cannot explain that 5-MeO-DMT still works as it always did.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

#22 Posted : 4/22/2018 11:36:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

In the very beginning when I started working with dmt and changa, probably for the first year or two I was dosing pretty frequently [4-6 per month, can't entirely remember], though none of those experiences were ever really done in a haphazard slapdash way, everything tended to be thought out carefully, now the set and setting is ever more important than it once was, it's of upmost importance now [with some form of day ritual leading up to, nothing elaborate lol, just spending the day outdoors, a friend or two prior, laughs, being calm, relaxed, happy]. Relaxed and loose has always been a big precursor for how this experience would come on for me.

The several years that had followed this point - I dwindled usage to around ..maybe.. once a month, eventually dwindling even more to once every 4-5 months. All of this had followed due to the depth and intensity that the experiences were gaining, aside from having a couple of those experiences that shook my foundation and world view very heavily. Things began to be shown in a stark relief.

From that point up until currently it's been close to 2 years since I've smoked/vaped dmt or changa. Moving on from certain things in life and making room for the new things has taken a good chunk of time, though really the main reason that I haven't went back to that realm is because of how damn powerful it is for me, an instantaneous shattering and unveiling. I'm curious how this upcoming experience will be when I do decide to get back with it.

Spacing of the experiences was something that I hadn't adopted right away [honeymoon phase, more ignorant at the time, etc], though over time I just kept a good distance between the experiences, and every time that I've went back it's been like I'd never left..

Smoking dmt, enhanced leaf, changa, w/e, my only purpose in doing it, aside from curiosity, is to just be with it [always], to be immersed, face to face with something that defies logic and explanation entirely, things are seen in a depth that's unimaginable to me.

**Also can't be stressed enough - a relatively healthy diet and constant physical activity, I feel that those have been some of the biggest driving factors in how receptive I've been to this experience.

donfoolio
#23 Posted : 4/22/2018 11:46:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Really interesting question. I heard that the ratio of receptors working at the 5TH2 is directly responsible for trip-intensitiy. That should explain the differences in drug-tolerance for each person. I am a lightweight skeleton but need most of the time extremely high doses to get in with tryptamin-experience while quite sensible with cannabinoids for example. But I don't consume them that often. Has anybody a paper at hand that explains scientifically the upper thesis?

The video from Joe schraube is funny - the way he examines psychedelic States by technical software terms seems to be a mode modern investigators understand very well. Like already John Lilly, Robert Anton Wilson and Tim leary before him. Like he said that there can be a firewall of the ego to protect from information overload, but this is just a metaphorical approach.
Would like to find some research explanations of that phenomenal, I mean individual substance tolerance due to the neurotransmission systems...

Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

strtman
#24 Posted : 4/22/2018 3:36:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:

Quote:
From that point up until currently it's been close to 2 years since I've smoked/vaped dmt or changa. Moving on from certain things in life and making room for the new things has taken a good chunk of time, though really the main reason that I haven't went back to that realm is because of how damn powerful it is for me, an instantaneous shattering and unveiling. I'm curious how this upcoming experience will be when I do decide to get back with it.

I am surprised by this fact. Not that I should, but as you being a large contributor to this forum, I thought you were an extensive user of the substance. On the other hand, those two details have nothing in common. Just a reminder for me that I do have a biased opinion Smile.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

Aum_Shanti
#25 Posted : 4/22/2018 9:46:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

For me it's a bit different. I was always very sensitive to psychedelics. Used mainly shrooms or LSD like 1-2 times a year.
Like 1.5-2 years ago I got aware of the RC psychedelics market, and there especially DPT. Then I basically used DPT 2-3 times a week over several months (it was just too good for sex...).

Especially when I later started also boofing DPT, I started to realize that my tolerance increases. Then I also went for other tryptamines basically almost weekly. The final end is now, that I seem to have built up an enormous tolerance...

So it certainly didn't appear out of nothing. But I would never have thought that it is possible to develop such a permanent tolerance. I mean I can vape 100mg DMT or DPT and nothing, or take like 1000ug LSD and nothing...

But what I did find interesting is, that the tolerance developed kinda exponential. At fist tolerance increased only very slowly over time, but in the end the tolerance exploded within an extremely short amount of time.

Quote:
I heard that the ratio of receptors working at the 5TH2 is directly responsible for trip-intensitiy.

What exactly do you mean by "ratio"?
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

wad
#26 Posted : 4/22/2018 9:49:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I had tolerance problem too.
Now eating 3-6 mg of melatonin in 30 min before DMT helps me return my visuals and breakthrouges back.
Time should be exactly 30 min, 15 min is to soon, 45 min is to late (experimented).
Good luck.

Aum_Shanti
#27 Posted : 4/22/2018 9:55:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Now eating 3-6 mg of melatonin in 30 min before DMT helps me return my visuals and breakthrouges back.

That sounds odd and interesting at the same time. You have any theory about the workings?

jiva
#28 Posted : 4/23/2018 8:57:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:

That sounds odd and interesting at the same time. You have any theory about the workings?

does anybody have more info on that?

donfoolio
#29 Posted : 4/23/2018 10:54:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:

Quote:
I heard that the ratio of receptors working at the 5TH2 is directly responsible for trip-intensitiy.

What exactly do you mean by "ratio"?

Ah,sorry i am really not on the point about my neurological expressions. What I mean is thst instead of calculating psychedelic doses upon bodyweight it should merely be expressed in ability of psychedeic ligans to function as agonists on several 5HT-receptors.
Some people take for example, say 2 gram of cubensis and got deep into hyperspace while others need five for approx. same effects. And that independantly from bodyweight. So there seems to be a natural ability of interacting at the 5HT-receptors. I have no idea how that function or if it is true, and therefore I asked if somebody found interesting scientific papers on the subject.
A 100% tolerance to tryptamine correspond to zero agonist-activity in the 5HT-receptor system in this regard.
I am really not a neurologist, you see Crying or very sad
Arthur Dee was one of the greatest alchemists of all time, not likely to his dad, I forgot his name, this small James Bond sorcerer working for the queen of a... Hail Arthur!

wad
#30 Posted : 4/23/2018 7:58:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Aum_Shanti wrote:
Quote:

Yes i have, and it is simply. DMT, serotonin and melatonin all are from pineal gland, and they works together.

PREV12