We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
IPA and citric acid extraction Options

ragabr
#1 Posted : 8/1/2010 1:00:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM started a psilocin extraction attempt for 43g of cubes using an IPA soak with citric acid. A cloud has appeared in the mixture that wasn't present when she first started mixing everything up. She's wondering if the IPA might have saturated or if it's just vegetable matter that has come out during her repeated swirlings.

Also, does this whole process make sense? She's hoping to eventually evaporate the IPA and then weigh out proportionally based on the initial weight of cubes, to put in gelcaps.

Thanks!
ragabr attached the following image(s):
IMG_4561.JPG (802kb) downloaded 230 time(s).
IMG_4560.JPG (512kb) downloaded 229 time(s).
PK Dick is to LSD as HP Lovecraft is to Mushrooms

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

SnozzleBerry
#2 Posted : 8/1/2010 1:46:07 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Hmmmm, that looks pretty similar to the acidified IPA extraction I did using ascorbic acid. There definitely was "grit" floating in my solution, but I'm pretty sure it was just plant material. I think the process you have outlined makes sense, the only caution I would offer is that psilocin oxidizes very rapidly, so you'd want to ingest it fairly soon, or maybe leave it in solution until you wanted to ingest it. I can't comment on the actual process as I went the route of making psilocin freebase instead of just extracting the salts.
SnozzleBerry attached the following image(s):
DSCN0544[1].JPG (897kb) downloaded 225 time(s).
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

ragabr
#3 Posted : 8/1/2010 3:30:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you! SWIM will try evaporating down to ~430ml and keep in solution, then evap 10ml/g desired and see how it works. *fingers crossed*

ragabr
#4 Posted : 8/11/2010 1:11:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Bioassay done with 5 mls evaporated. The resulting goo SWIM wiped up with a rolling paper and put into a gelcap which she popped at one end. The specimens used were over two years old, and the last time eating had resulted in a heavy body load. This bioassay involved zero body load and an amazing light trip that really opened up - probably the best low dose experience she has had. Assuming that the citric acid easily converted the psilocybin to psilocin, leading to the great experience. Since the gooey aspect means high water solubility (yes? inferred this from a comment made by 69ron), she will next time evaporate 15 mls and then dissolve into water to try it out. Report forthcoming.

Loveall
#5 Posted : 4/18/2018 8:53:12 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Interesting. Was this done with 99% IPA? Is water needed for the actives to go into an IPA solution?

If water is not needed, I wonder what would happen if FASI is added to a filtered extract. Hoping for psiloc(yb)in fumarate precipitate. But it can't possibly be that easy, right?

Before adding FASI acetone could be added to try to precipitate junk/proteins so they are not in the way.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Loveall
#6 Posted : 4/19/2018 3:20:49 PM

❤️‍🔥

Ok, performing the following experiment:

1) Soak mushroom material in 99% IPA. According to this post from the shroomery, IPA is second only to methanol for extraction. Does anyone have more info on this? Apparently a fine grind is very important since IPA will not penetrate tissues well.
2) Filter
3) Add FASI and check for precipitate. Psilocybin may not precipitate: potential issue is that to get a +1 charge, pH needs to be very low (see attached where the +1 species is green). Fumaric acid may not be able to completely pronate the phosphate group. If so, move to step 4.
4) Heat cycle the extract with fumaric acid to 70C in a hot water bath with no flames nearby. Does it turn cloudy? Hope here is that in acidic hot conditions, co-extracted enzymes convert psilocybin to psilocin (like the do in the aquous acidic hot environment). This many not happen, but if it does, psilocin funerate may form and precipitate. Note that we are asking fumeric acid to do a lot of work by dephosphorylating psilocybin and then forming an insoluble psilocin salt.

A lot of ifs and buts. Worth a test though if not for the sheer fun of it.

Any input/ideas welcome. Thanks for reading.
Loveall attached the following image(s):
43198_6cf926d1-a3c3-4914-83fd-41c2c78c1b51_iuhzg.PNG (123kb) downloaded 86 time(s).

Loveall
#7 Posted : 4/22/2018 5:57:30 PM

❤️‍🔥

Update: tried several ways to extract with 99% IPA. When using vitamin C (up to 3.5g/100ml solubility, I used it at 0.5% Vit C, on an extract with 10ml of IPA per 1 g of mushrooms with a 70C temp cycle) a nice clean pink powder is obtained after drying and removing execess vitamin C with acetone. However, it is not noticably active and nothing happens when adding FASA/FASI. In short, I could not get this to work. Dry vitamin C from the acetone cleanup was also tested and not active. Its interesting that the extract is clean though.

Pictures below with extract after filtering (top) and after drying post acetone cleanup (bottom).

Loveall attached the following image(s):
IMG_20180420_201708542_LL.jpg (3,998kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
IMG_20180422_030452294.jpg (3,311kb) downloaded 59 time(s).