We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Do you believe in telepathy. Options

dragonrider
#1 Posted : 4/17/2018 9:43:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you believe in telepathy? I had a very weird experience, a couple of days ago: An old friend of me, who i haven't seen in years, has an instagram acount and he makes beautiful pictures. A couple of days ago, i was just thinking about him, and wondered how he is doing. And then i thought of a rainbow. The thought of a rainbow just popped up in my mind.
The next day i was taking a shower, and i suddenly thought about his instagram account. I realy had the idea, or the feeling or intuition that i just hád to see it, and that it would somehow surprise or shock me. I checked it, and Shocked whaaaa!!!...there was a picture of a rainbow, placed just the day before.

Isn't that odd?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 4/17/2018 10:40:59 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

I think telepathy is quite normal. It still feels good when these kinds of 'anomalous' experiences occur though!

Stuff like this happens to me quite a lot, it would probably be useful to write it down in a journal when it occurs. Then it would be easier for me to detail some of the many experiences of perceived telepathy for you.

A couple of cases that spring to mind, inarguably less pleasant, were knowing that a girlfriend had cheated on me. Three separate women, separated by six years each time, roughly. Without communicating with them nor anyone else about it, I just knew. On each occasion they were shocked when I told them what I knew. I'm still with the last one, it's like there was a cosmic message that finally got through Wink

Also I have known about people known to me dying before anyone told me about it, in particular one of my old music teachers.

I do get nice telepathy a lot, it's just that these things were more memorable somehow!

This is always spontaneous and not directed remote viewing.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pastanostra
#3 Posted : 4/18/2018 12:25:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes telepathy exist and i believe in, it's an everyday course, sometimes because i received a message, sometimes because someone send me a message. With friends we experienced telepathy during an acid journey.
I experience oftenly syncronicity (11:11 08:08 ..).

Cheers

blue.magic
#4 Posted : 4/18/2018 3:16:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Can be a selection bias. We tend to focus on patterns while filtering out uninteresting events. It's like thinking a number and then throwing dice, You think and throw 20 times and no matches, then there is a match and - whoa! - telepathy! ...

Just like when people see 11:11 on a clock. It's interesting until you realize you ignored 1000 times you looked on a clock before and it was 12:53, 17:10 ... but we ignored these events and focused on the pattern. Then its plain old statistics, nothing supernatural happening there, just our biased brains making it look so.

Peverly
#5 Posted : 4/18/2018 12:43:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've got one friend who at times, it seems like we can't get out of each other's head. I'll think of him and immediately get a phone call from him and vice versa. Just like two days ago I'm sitting on my couch youtubing, someone brought up a video game I'm keen to, and sometimes I'll play with my friend. I had the thought "man I could really go for some monster hunter" and within about .5 of a second I'm recievimg a phone call from him and a game invite on my ps4.

It's a joke between us now. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD" we willl yell at each other.

I'm of the belief that our brains are .... not necessarily "weak" radios, but particular radios, emitting some sort of odd frequency and vibration. Sometimes we "tune" into other people. I believe this to be why sometimes you have those days where you're waking around the supermarket and for some reason, every single person you look at is already looking at you, or soon after looking at them it's as if they feel it and immediately turn to look at you. That's a whole other thing that could be related. Feeling people looking at you.

So yes. I believe.
“My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know that it exists.”

― Nikola Tesla

strtman
#6 Posted : 4/18/2018 6:45:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do believe in telepathy. Sometimes it occurs as if by magic. We can not explain yet how it works.

But for me it is something that is out of human control. It seems to be a single running mechanism. So for example if two people want to read each other ’s mind it doesn’t work. Only when higher cosmic powers want those two persons knowing each others mind, than that will be so.

And what these higher powers are and how they function, I don’t know but I certainly believe they exist.

Quiet the mind and the soul will speak

TheAwakening
#7 Posted : 4/18/2018 10:38:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I often find it hard to differentiate what I experience of these things as either synchronicty or telepathy. I'd be surprised if anyone who has intimate relationships hasn't experienced some kind of telepathy, I've certainly experienced thinking the same thoughts as my partner and then she will say that she was just thinking about that random topic too. Surely in the modern era people have experienced thinking about someone randomly and they get a call or message from them or see a friend not seen for a long time just after thinking about them only the day before or even 5 minutes before. It is unfortunate that the mechanism behind such phenomena is not adequately understood (to say the least!) because there are times I've really needed to contact someone and had a hard time doing so Laughing

I guess these experiences can be written off as statistical aberrations and a bit of healthy skepticism is good but so is an acknowledgement that no one really knows what's going on and that there is a great mystery at hand for those who will just be still and observe. Different strokes for different folks.

RhythmSpring
#8 Posted : 4/19/2018 1:23:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Telepathic and synchronistic experiences such as described in the OP have become so commonplace for me now that it no longer makes sense to point them out and say, "Oh, look!"

Love is telepathy.

Telepathy is an offshoot of love.

It was humbling to me to realize that many people in my life (mainly women) naturally experience this level of telepathy that was so "whoa" to me when it first started happening.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

thymamai
#9 Posted : 4/21/2018 6:31:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, yeah. That's a pretty common thing. I've never thought of it as telepathy per say. Just plain old unexplainable cooincidences that fade out of memory after a good nights rest.

We exist within a composite fabric of informational fields of immense quantity and complexity, and to the extent that you are open to light (and everyone of us are) you are likely to be 'catching' fragments of "synchronic discourse" playing out on any one layer/frequency. Think of your head like an antenna and your brain like a radio transistor, attached to the closed circuit network that is your nervous system. Did we invent wifi or did wifi invent us.

But yes, I really just wanted to answer the OP title. Yes I do believe telepathy is achievable. I believe it's a real thing. Of course, I think also there is a spectrum.. to it, and I've never witnessed/experienced telepathy in it's most literal sense.

ETERNAL
#10 Posted : 4/21/2018 9:03:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's odd you're asking this question considering your avatar. Wink

There is only this and now. What this is exists as one.

Silly(c)One
#11 Posted : 4/22/2018 12:17:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It happens to me all the time, but I don't call that telepathy, instead I call that synchronicity.
I believe that's what most "spiritual gurus" mean when they say we are all One. Our individual consciousness would be a tiny part of the "God" consciousness, only the mind would separate us from the Source of Consciousness so when we're in a meditative/transe state of consciousness, sometimes we'd get glimpses of what other's would experiment/think...

For example, I'm in presence of self minded people, a thought comes into my mind, and 2-3 seconds later, someone says it.
- Was the thought in the air and we both caught it ?
- Has the thought started in my mind and the other caught it and expressed it before I did ?
- Has the thought started in the other's mind and I caught it before s/he expressed it ?

We'll never know, as it is outside the reach of science (which needs objective phenomenons and this is totally subjective.)

null24
#12 Posted : 4/22/2018 2:12:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I don't believe a damn thing.

That said, I have experienced this effect, and other psi phenom, for most of my life and do consider it normal.

This has been studied from every angle materialist science can think of, to no avail, but phenomenologically telepathy, psychokinesis and other "para-normal" events occur on a regular basis. I do not need to see anything written up in a journal, psi can never in my opinion be pinned down into a repeatable experiment or predictable statistic, but it has been experienced enough in my life personally to take it for granted.

I am not concerned with measuring it or identifying its source so much as refining and finding techniques to enhance different aspects. Wouldn't it be great to have some control over telepathy? F### an I-phone, right?!

Practical magic is an excellent vehicle for this in my opinion and there are some esoteric orders that have made particular progress along these lines. That is not to say that it is "magic", but that these are great ways to pull oneself out of the normal in order to expand the consciousness into an effective state for doing psi stuff.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

ETERNAL
#13 Posted : 4/22/2018 3:57:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't claim to be a spirtual guru or anything, but It truly depends on ones level of understanding of what they mean.
We are one with the earth.
We are one biologically.
We are one in the quantum field.
We are one collective consciousness.
We are one spirit.
Ultimately we are God being us.
God is infinite and divine consciousness.
There is only this and now. What this is exists as one.

Cactus Man
#14 Posted : 5/11/2018 9:29:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I cant claim to ever experiencing telepathy myself but I am certain it is an aspect of our existences if we can seek its attainment and be aware of its application. If not we may likely be experiencing it regularly without our own awareness.

CosmicLion
#15 Posted : 5/16/2018 4:51:37 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Believe... rofl... nice one...

Laughing
-Eternally Romping the Astral Savannahlands-

swimer
#16 Posted : 6/4/2018 2:27:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Living with my GF over 6 years and i got used that she predicts things/telling words im just reading, saying things i want to say etc. Basically she is 11 in numerology and i could go on and on but somehow it jus got part of my life so it become something normal.

xss27
#17 Posted : 9/4/2018 10:03:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Surprised no one has mentioned shared hallucinations, that was perhaps the first indicator I had.. where not a relevant/suggestive word was spoken by either party prior to it occurring, then detailed matching visual hallucinations were described afterwards.

There have been two occasions where me and a friend have deliberately tried to read minds with success. Once with a skeptical friend, who visualized something in his head and I had to guess. After 3 or 4 correct answers we stopped. Another who was looking at the inner pages of a book I had never seen and he asked my questions about the year of publishing, where etc. Being high on both occasions helped facilitate it I believe.

It only seems remarkable if your particular paradigm is that the mind and brain are the same, and confined to the insides of your skull due to a philosophy of science that is heavy on the materialism.

Our minds might not be as individualized as we think. Maybe there is only one ocean and sometimes our lack of coherence, or increased synchronization, allows ripples to wash over and connect when they would otherwise pass by.

It certainly comes with a feeling for me personally, a subtle cerebral or mental feeling.

soulfood
#18 Posted : 9/6/2018 1:58:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Bringing sceptical science into this, although I'm pretty sure humans can emit waves that can be detected, I know of no mechanism in the human brain to receive and decode such waves.

To me it seems humans have a way of rationalising the strange or seemingly un-explainable in the simplest of ways.

Long distance telepathy seems totally out of the question in the scientific realm for sure.

I have experienced phenomena which at the time I thought could be telepathy, but only on 2 occasions and I've been on this planet for 34 years. If telepathy was a human mechanism you would think it would be experienced much more often than this. Therefore I believe such instances to be coincidental.

Fractalus
#19 Posted : 9/14/2018 10:00:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

swimer wrote:
Living with my GF over 6 years and i got used that she predicts things/telling words im just reading, saying things i want to say etc. Basically she is 11 in numerology and i could go on and on but somehow it jus got part of my life so it become something normal.

Happend to me too with gf! but the teleMpathy was from my side Smile after a yoga session i have recived concentreted information in a splite of a second. like in the matrix when he said i know kong-fu Smile)
and in this awsome moment i understand what she gonna said to me and most importent WHY she saing thos thing and IN THE NEXT MOMENT i recived a message from her with the exact things i recived in the teleMpathy and my mind was blowing away!! and it is happend again after faw minutes.

the reason why im write teleMpathy is because telepathy is from the HEART not the mind! when you act in empathy its seams like you "read" each others minds, and what truly happening is you become one with the other person and you think the same tought in the same time which seams like reading each others minds.

check out bashar channeling - telempathy in youtube or somthing for the expand explanetion of it

though the minds may be different, the body forms may be different
it is through the heart that we recognize our spirits are one.

everything im writing is a complete fiction and it is only a reflection of my imagination.

dragonrider
#20 Posted : 9/14/2018 10:36:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:
Bringing sceptical science into this, although I'm pretty sure humans can emit waves that can be detected, I know of no mechanism in the human brain to receive and decode such waves.

To me it seems humans have a way of rationalising the strange or seemingly un-explainable in the simplest of ways.

Long distance telepathy seems totally out of the question in the scientific realm for sure.

I have experienced phenomena which at the time I thought could be telepathy, but only on 2 occasions and I've been on this planet for 34 years. If telepathy was a human mechanism you would think it would be experienced much more often than this. Therefore I believe such instances to be coincidental.

It could also be that there is nothing supernatural going on at all.

I think that most people who've taken psychedelics will have had experiences where they felt that they where realy being bombarded with much more sensory input than they where able to comprehend. There are even debates going on here about whether "hyperspace is real". And well, the people who believe that it is real, usually defend their position by saying that what they experienced was so complex, so rich and so sophisticated, that they couldn't possibly have created all of it themselves. While if you look at it from a materialist perspective, your reply would probably be that maybe the counscious part of their brain couldn't, but the subcounscious part MUST have been responsible.

So what i'm saying is that, maybe the subcounscious part of our brain is being bombarded with these extreme amounts of sensory input all the time. And maybe it is capable of processing much, much more data than we could possibly comprehend with our counscious minds.

So that we're able to derive conclusions that seem impossible to us.
Like in the case of my friend an the rainbow photograph. Well, maybe i saw the weatherforecast in the corner of my eye, and maybe that made me realise on a subcounscious level that the wheatherconditions for rainbows where optimal in the place where he lives. And maybe i also knew the character of my friend well enough to be able to predict that he wouldn't let the chance of making a nice photo of it, go by. So then it totally made sense to expect a rainbow photo.

And while it may seem far fetched that our brains are capable of such incredible "sherlock holmes-like" data processing...does it still look that far fetched if you take into consideration that it in all likelyhood IS totally capable of creating worlds that we think are way too complex for a simple brain to create, and is constantly being fed with these very, very extreme amounts of sensory information?

I mean, the brain on a subcounscious level, clearly is capable of things that seem almost impossible for us to comprehend, on a counscious level.

123NEXT