We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Can candy/hippy flipping be therapeutic? Options

Mister_Niles
#1 Posted : 7/8/2017 4:58:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have never done either one. I may have the chance to choose. If I use psychedelics it is never recreational or social. I am usually alone in my bedroom, in the dark with my eyes closed. Sometimes at the comedown I will come out and interact with my loved ones, but it is generally a strictly solo thing, done with intention and for therapeutic reasons.
Has anyone found solo candy/hippy flipping solo to be a good tool for self exploration and mental/spiritual growth?

(Maybe a little spice in the GVG post peak Smile )
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

blue.magic
#2 Posted : 7/8/2017 5:52:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed it can.

You can refer to "Therapy with Substance" book from Friedericke Meckel Fisher, a therapist who used MDMA "spiced" with LSD or 2C-B for group/partner psycholytic therapy.

The reports from using the combos are described in the book.

syberdelic
#3 Posted : 7/8/2017 9:00:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my experiences, it can be useful but not so much for solo journeys. MDMA synergizes well with both LSD and shrooms, but in solo journeys tends to make me feel empty inside.

Noisy
#4 Posted : 7/9/2017 5:51:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi. Never done it alone, I have tried hippy flip three times in my life and it has been each time very powerfull, with, definitely, a healing tone. The way I can feel the interactions between my body, my mind, spirit and soul was truly amazing. It gave me each time valuable insights, with this warm tone I also can feel in San Pedro.
I think it could be interesting for you if you are used to take MDMA alone in the dark. To me, MDMA is linked to dancefloors, even if I usualy don't talk, simple body langage or eye contact and, of course, music are very important to me while on MDMA. I appreciate mushrooms alone for their deep effect. IMHO, I think the combo, taken alone, could be really interesting if focusing one body, through breathing technics, stretching, yoga...

Mister_Niles
#5 Posted : 7/9/2017 3:25:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

syberdelic wrote:
From my experiences, it can be useful but not so much for solo journeys. MDMA synergizes well with both LSD and shrooms, but in solo journeys tends to make me feel empty inside.

That's one thing I'm a little worried about. LSD doesn't seem as full as mushrooms to me, and by full, I mean inhabited. Mushrooms feel like they are an intelligence. Alive and full of... everything. I also feel like MDMA has more LIFE to it. Maybe it's because of my experiences with DMT, but I get full on entity contact with MDMA when I take it in silent darkness. Which is the only way I've taken it in my second wave of psychedelic use.
LSD is amazing and wonderful and I've had some real success with it. A few years ago I used it to drastically decrease my lower back pain. I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I had read a theory that lower back pain often has a large neurological or psychological component, so I set my intention for healing my back and it effing worked. I am still amazed.

I love LSD, but I just seem to get more out of mushrooms. Both psychologically and spiritually. Then again, maybe I haven't given LSD a fair chance, or maybe I'm approaching it wrong. Here's the thing:

In my teens and 20s I took LSD hundreds of times. I was reckless and did it for fun. I didn't even know what set and setting was. I eventually paid for my recklessness. Things got ugly. Every trip became a bad trip full of self loathing. All psychedelics were ruined for me. I became unable to even smell cannabis without having a panic attack. I ended up taking a 20 year break from all psychedelics. I returned in my 40s when I had my first DMT experience, after which I joined the Nexus and learned to take psychedelics seriously.

Buuut... maybe I'm getting dogmatic and stodgy in my older age. Maybe the answer is to try candy flipping with the intention being this: To experience candy flipping... before I die. To have fun. To come out of the darkened bedroom and try hanging out with the cats and my family. To play guitar and make noises on my modular synthesizer. To throw my yoyos around and see the tricks from other dimensional perspectives Smile

Thanks syberdelic. You really got me thinking with your reply. sorry the post was so long. Too much coffee.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 7/9/2017 3:27:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:
Indeed it can.

You can refer to "Therapy with Substance" book from Friedericke Meckel Fisher, a therapist who used MDMA "spiced" with LSD or 2C-B for group/partner psycholytic therapy.

The reports from using the combos are described in the book.

Definitely checkin that out. Thanks. I recently got the book Psychedelic Healing by Neal Goldsmith but haven't had time to dig into it yet.

- Art Van D'lay

Mister_Niles
#7 Posted : 7/9/2017 3:34:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Noisy wrote:
Hi. Never done it alone, I have tried hippy flip three times in my life and it has been each time very powerfull, with, definitely, a healing tone. The way I can feel the interactions between my body, my mind, spirit and soul was truly amazing. It gave me each time valuable insights, with this warm tone I also can feel in San Pedro.
I think it could be interesting for you if you are used to take MDMA alone in the dark. To me, MDMA is linked to dancefloors, even if I usualy don't talk, simple body langage or eye contact and, of course, music are very important to me while on MDMA. I appreciate mushrooms alone for their deep effect. IMHO, I think the combo, taken alone, could be really interesting if focusing one body, through breathing technics, stretching, yoga...

I'm interested in the hippy flipping combo. One thing I'm worried about is this: My last mushroom trip was very confusing. It was so full of information and it was incredible, but my thought process was very jumbled. I kept forgetting things and getting lost in the trance. I went with it, of course. That's what a trance is for I guess, and I figured that the mushroom knew what it was doing, so I decided to trust it. I'm wondering what it would be like to be excruciatingly happy and very confused at the same time. Or does MDMA tend to bring clarity to the mushroom experience? Most of the times I am in total flow with mushrooms and don't experience confusion. This was very different for me.

And yes, I am comfortable doing MDMA solo in darkness. So maybe...

- Art Van D'lay

Noisy
#8 Posted : 7/10/2017 2:05:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It also happened to me, mushrooms have sometimes been harsh... But there is always something to learn. I think it was for me a Mindset problem: wanting to much informations, insights, trying to direct the experience in order to get them, instead of letting go.
My journeys are much clearer by now, having learned how to avoid some of the psychedelics traps where I got stucked up. I used to travel alone and now prefer to take those medecines with fellow partners, who like to stay silent most of the time. I gives us the opportunity to share feelings, support (hearing my friends breathing is, under mushrooms influence, a sort of support) and it increases, IMO, the intensity of the journey.

Concerning the MDMA/mushroom combo, I experienced it as very clean trips; easy to focus on body (it also helped me for my lower back pain!) and waves of energy moving accross it. My thoughts were very clear and deep. When I do hippy flip, I use low doses of each component: about 80mg of MDMA and 1 to 1,5g of mushrooms (Cubensis). It is far enough for 6 to 8 hours travel (with 3 hours of plateau)!

Concerning the dark room experience, it could be for sure interesting, if you are used to it. Nevertheless, I think it could be really a nice thing to go out and interact with people when the peak experience will be behind you: you will still feel the empathogen effect of MDMA with a slight touch of tryptaminic effect. For me, it is really delightful to discuss and to hug with friends in that state.

Sorry for the mistakes, as english isn't my language!

Be safe, happy travel.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 7/10/2017 3:17:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Speaking from personal experience, I had a great candy flip (LSD + MDMA) experience (the one time it worked really really well) a number of years ago now that brought me out of a depressive funk, so yes I do think there is psychotherapeutic potential from such a combination.

woogyboogy
#10 Posted : 7/10/2017 5:05:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes definitly. I would suggest though to take the MDMA after LSD peak, because of duration..
With hippy flip you can just take them at the same time. Hippy flip is very special thing to me. Probaly one of the most beautiful experiences ive had. But I havent used it for years because it feels so special, and I dont want to make my mushroom trips dependent from it.

Northerner
#11 Posted : 7/11/2017 2:58:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The only time I'll take MDMA now is if I'm already on LSD. The combination is divine and leads for some great experiences. Not only that but it can dissolve the tension and edge that sometimes comes towards the end of LSD experiences. I prefer the combination in a party setting but I really don't go to "that sort" of parties very often anymore. I've considered it at home but didn't do it because I didn't want to pollute my deep clear LSD introspection with all the fuzzy MDMA euphoria.

Highly rated though, possibly one of the best combinations I've ever tried. Has always left me with a sense of having my load lightened and my mind purged.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Mister_Niles
#12 Posted : 12/13/2017 3:27:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all of the input. I really appreciate it and candy flipping is something I'm going to try soon. I have had incredible success ketamine for depression. It is obvious to me that this molecule is so special and effective for me that it can't be used very often. There is also the addiction potential, which is a real concern. So, after basically turning my depression completely off, and using part of my stash for exploration, I am putting the rest away for when I need it. NEED, not want. Although I'm tempted to try it with LSD I think I'll shelve that for awhile. I just went through 1.5 grams of K in 6 weeks.
So, I ended up doing an MDMA + DMT trip (report to follow) which was incredible, healing and powerful. Unfortunately, I only have 75mg of MDMA left. 100mg is a powerful and "magical" MDMA experience for me, despite the fact that I weigh 220lbs. I used to get very good MDMA in the mid 80s and did larger doses a few times. It seems that I am getting a better effect now than I did back then, with less substance (and I weighed far less then)

I also think that intentionality and proper attention to set and setting are helping. I also have a theory that after taking a decades long break away from psychedelics, then returning and focusing on serious work with DMT + harmala, I have somehow "primed the pump" as far as all other psychedelics are concerned. I have only taken MDMA twice since my return. LSD twice, mushrooms a dozen or so times and ketamine, maybe 20 times. I now get reliable, full on entity contact with all of these substances and seem to be far more sensitive than I used to be. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

So, if I decide to do a candy flip, can I take the 75mg of MDMA or should I wait to get more and take, what for me is a known full dose? Any opinions are appreciated.

- Art Van D'lay

Northerner
#13 Posted : 12/13/2017 7:19:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also took a very long break Mister_Niles. Those 20's years can be hectic times. I've yet to lie in the dark and take a long lasting psychedelic though. Knowing me there's a good chance I'd sleep once it got to normal bedtime. Laughing

On the occasion I candy flip I do one or two tabs of acid and at least 100mg of MDMA, though it's been a couple of years. I have short changed myself on the MDMA before and found myself left wanting, which is kind of paradoxical whilst on LSD. It's not a feeling that I particularly liked. I guess your sensitivity does play a part as well as your set and setting.

I like the idea of age playing a significant part in sensitivity. You're just a little older than me and although I am more sensitive from significantly lighter use I don't find my outer limits any further than I used to. It's got me thinking though. I had another full blown LSD romance 20 years after the previous one and ate maybe 30 tabs over 3 months (using progressively higher doses) and managed to look deeper into the pool than I had ever done before. I instantly loved it again, more than ever even. At some point I actually broke through on LSD... this is what lead me eventually to be here.

Really looking forward to your MDMA+DMT trip report. Drool

The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

pinkoyd
#14 Posted : 12/14/2017 9:33:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

I finally had an opportunity for a candy flip within the past year, by myself in the dark and wow... Highly recommended.

I used a very strong half tab of 1P-LSD and 125mg of MDMA dosed more or less at the same time to start with and then three 40ng bumps spaced out through the night. It was squarely in the 'Goldilocks zone' not to strong and not too weak. Doing the extra bumps kept the MDMA effect going as long as the 1P.

The only downside was that I had pronounced vasoconstriction that expressed itself as cold extremities, a feeling of tightness in my legs , and my 'boys' shrunk up like I'd taken a dip in a cold river. I also had trouble urinating late in the trip, but that resolved itself in the morning. A hot bath helped relieve most of it and it was just a mild distraction in any case. The rest of the night was spent in bed under a thick comforter in tactile, visual and emotional ecstasy.

I do find myself more and more prone to vasoconstriction on LSD and mescaline as I get older but don't recall such issues when I was younger. (I'm in my early 50's now that you're wondering, and your mileage may vary, as they say...)
I already asked Alice.

Sunnyside
#15 Posted : 12/16/2017 11:23:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My most recent opportunity was last month, on holiday.
My wife and I drove across the Mexico border with a tight friend. So once we were safely in Mexico, I could relax that I had just carried Schedule 1 drugs across an international border. Makes me sound badass, right?

3rd day on the beach, a relatively small fishing/vacation village, all day I thought of my intentions, we all had wonderful day, and plans were laid.

They each ate some chocolate squares of cubensis. Some B+, some Penis Envy.

Before I ate mine, I ate a capsule of MDMA.

I spoke my intentions aloud, sharing with them, they shared with me.

After 40 minutes, I ate 2 grams of the chocolates, as the sun got very low in the sky, and I could just feel my come-up.

The sunset started, and so did a magical evening of love and friendship and learning. I'm nowhere near good enough to describe those things.

But I will try to talk a bit.

For me, the mushrooms can give me a "heavy feeling", for lack of a better term. I love the visuals and the joy and the pleasure, but I get some kind of heaviness.
But as usual, the MDMA twists the lens just enough to soften the focus, but also lifts some of my heaviness.

In that village, the sky is so dark, even with a crescent moon in the west, the stars are terrific, with the Milky Way clearly visible.

And my visuals are knock-out. Sunset. Ocean. Marshmallow sand. Tracers in the sky.
Far down the beach other vacationers were launching fireworks, plus those Chinese lanterns that were floating directly over our heads...

Lying at the edge of the Gulf of California, with the love of my life, and with a tight friend, sharing love and joy and I think somehow Moby came on a little radio and dancing and singing.

So, I guess I'm ok with the hippie flip. Yeah. Even though I'm in my 60s, age wise. And still don't know anything about anything.

I did take some spice with me across the border. But there's no way in the world I'm bringing anything back with me - no MDMA, no mushroom, no DMT, and certainly no 'paraphernalia'.

So I don't take the GVG nor banger, my 2 preferred methods. In hindsight, I should have enhanced some leaf, but I didn't.

So I searched the day before and found a little crack pipe. It let me down, I haven't used one in quite some time.

I think it might have been exquisite to hit the GVG that night at the water's edge...
" Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon
"No, they never did turn me into a toad." - Pete (O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
"Are you a time traveller?" "No, I think I'm more of a time prisoner." - Nadia Vulvokov (Russian Doll)

lickle_emu
#16 Posted : 4/17/2018 4:36:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I am a bit late to this thread, but the following report from Reddit talks in detail about an mdma/lsd session with the intent of healing childhood trauma.

The author has also posted other posts on Reddit that are well worth reading.

https://www.reddit.com/r...lftherapy_a_world_first/