We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
I think I just gave myself serotonin syndrome Options

ShamensStamen
#21 Posted : 4/11/2018 4:03:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, there is MAO-A in the brain, liver, gut, and if i remember correctly i read there's some in the mouth (and possibly the rectum as well?). With that said, i could maybe see some DMT possibly getting absorbed sublingually if you had like an extract tincture or some pretty concentrated brew if you swished it around your mouth, but i'm pretty sure this is not the thing in your case.

I must ask, why jump to a conclusion rather than chalking it up to an unusual observation, and perhaps do a bit more testing to see if you can figure out what happened? Seems like the more logical thing to do imo before saying you know it was the Acacia or Serotonin Syndrome or something like that, in order to know something you've really gotta know, you can suspect something is the case but once again it should be tested to see if it's actually the case or not. If you can feel this stuff sublingually though, you could make a pretty nice tincture and get some useful effects/experiences out of that, i've read some on sublingual administration but haven't tried it personally, though i would think it'd probably be better to do it with an extract tincture rather than a concentrated plant brew.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

RhythmSpring
#22 Posted : 4/11/2018 4:59:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's not an "unusual observation." I have on many occasions experienced instant effects from various orally administered substances, including, but not limited to ACRB. This occasion is no different. I have a history of ACRB causing extreme anxiety, with or without the vine. Only this time, I also got really physically sick. Perhaps you're not used to someone being so aware of their body as to know what caused what. Perhaps it's just not part of your paradigm to conceive that someone's own experience may reflect things not yet known to science.

I will concede that I now am mostly sure, thanks to all y'all, that it probably wasn't full-blown serotonin syndrome. But that doesn't mean that the symptoms I experienced weren't connected to the substance I ingested. And that doesn't mean they weren't dangerous.
From the unspoken
Grows the once broken

Legarto Rey
#23 Posted : 4/13/2018 11:30:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting post! Serotonin syndrome and its related, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, are RARE and typically associated with heavy use of clinical psychiatric meds! Pedestrian contact with RIMAs, associated with DMT carriers is not a trigger for life threatening hyperpyrexic episodes! Additionally, many reports of aya/anahuasca ingestion in persons on chronic SSRIs have revealed the relative safety of this combination, unwise as that practice may be.

Peace

PREV12