We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
[The Machine] Copper = toxic ? Options

Brennendes Wasser
#1 Posted : 4/8/2018 9:00:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Hello!

So Copper has the best heat convection of all common metals. Also the there are a lot people on the Forum who advice it.

But I read sources which told that the Copper is emitting TOXIC FUMES under heat.

Can anyone tell his/her opinion on this?

I am in a hurry to get answers, as I just ordered Copper Wool on Ebay and I want to decline the offer before Monday Morning, if I should go another way.

So the Question is:

Copper Wool

vs.

https://www.volcanovapor...alve-liquid-pad-set.html
Volcano Liquid Pad

Of course the heat convection will be much lower for the Pads, but haven't read that those emit toxic fumes (as they are even intended for the lightning process).

THXXXX

EDIT: Also please tell if your Lighter touches the Copper/Steel Wool or if it is advised to keep if away from direct heat.
Also: What lighters do you use ? A JET LIGHTER like for Changa in a Bong or just a regular lighter, held below ?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Ulim
#2 Posted : 4/8/2018 9:20:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many metals exibit some form of toxicity but many are fine.

In case of copper its toxic yeah, but also not strongly.
If you are worried swap it out for some pure iron (not just any steel wool as stuff like chromium and manganese/zinc is very very bad and is usually found in steel and a much bigger concern than copper).

Just make sure you burned in the copper wool (means you have heated it lots of times till it doesnt show any change to fire) If you get any odd taste if you just pull on the pipe redo it. If you get taste then theres some junk in there.
Copper turns black when it was properly heated. The black copper oxide that forms is just indication that the copper metal itself burned in the air,

If you wanna be truly safe go look into something like the GVG or stick to stuff like ceramics/glass and titanium to smoke out of.

Brennendes Wasser
#3 Posted : 4/8/2018 9:33:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

So even if you heat it up, when it will still emit copper fumes?

Others feel free to add to this point, even though I add some more questions myself ;D

1.) Why do you need to melt it?

Ok yes - it gets distributed much better. But is there a REASONABLE difference between melting it in an just crushing it to very fine powder and throwing it on top of your wool?

2.) How do you melt it properly?

Yes, you heat your Wool and place the material on it. But now my question is: How does it NOT evaporate while melting-in and it DOES evaporate when ... you evaporate?
I guess you just heat it up very little to melt it, but if the wool is just like 50-70°C, will it already melt? Cannot really imagine so far.

3.) How much space between lighter and wool?

I read a source which tells 10 cm, another tells 2 cm and start getting closer while pulling.
What is your distance? And also what is your lighter? (Jet or regular)

THXXX

Brennendes Wasser
#4 Posted : 4/10/2018 3:27:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

I have the following Idea:

How about ENLARGING the copper piece and let it have a turn out of the glass bottle.

Then: Holding the lighter against the outstanding copper will only cause this part to get really hot and the copper in the bottle itself will only get partially heated up.

Now as I think the toxic fumes will release at the place where the flame gets in contact with the copper, it will be at the outside and sucking air through the machine will not draw the fume in, as it is released far away.

Here is a drawing I made (omg it looks so good):

Any ideas if this will be much more healthy ?

Ulim
#5 Posted : 4/11/2018 8:31:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well it doesnt fume as i said. Burn the copper with a torch till it glows.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 4/16/2018 2:53:20 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

The boiling point of copper is 2868K, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Brennendes Wasser
#7 Posted : 4/16/2018 10:04:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expert

Yes it is, but why are there still sources that Copper at least *emits fumes* possibly? I mean a Brom solution will also emit Brom gas even though it should be liquid at room temperature.

But other question:

I think I wrecked my valuable copper Sad( Possibly someone can give an opinion on it ... felling sad.

I placed it on my stove and heated it up to heat 9. Now the copper seems like it got so insanely hot, that it is partially destroyed. It is black indeed, but it also feels like old straw.

Now if I put it between my fingers and rub it, then it looses material - not only slightly but very heavy =(

Ok the copper is oxidized, but is this structure normal ? I cannot imagine that it should break when you just twist it between your fingers.

Why I am so concerned:

I am pretty sure that not only particles with 0,1 - 1 mm length break free but also in microscopically tiny dimensions for sure and this will get sucked with the air into my lungs when using it : CC

So please tell me if this is EXACTLY what you got when you look at your copper or if it does not break when shaking / twisting with fingers.

THXXX

downwardsfromzero
#8 Posted : 4/17/2018 8:48:44 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

You have made a load of copper oxide. That certainly doesn't have the structural integrity of metallic copper so this is what people mean when they say "copper emits fumes". Small particles of copper oxide will become detached and get carried by the air stream. As you rightly suspect, it's probably best to avoid regularly inhaling significant amounts of this.

Also it has become useless for the intended purpose - indeed, your choice of grade of copper was somewhat wide of the mark to start with. My understanding was that copper-coated (stainless) steel scrubbers were the material 'of choice' (?) as this appears to maintain structural integrity rather better.

The purity of the copper sample is also of relevance here. Other metals that conceivably might be present are far more toxic than copper.

All-in-all, it's probably better to use a thicker gauge of copper wire and only to heat it a little.

Copper (II) oxide MSDS - pretty inconclusive but fairly indicative of copper oxide's relative harmlessness.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

potato
#9 Posted : 5/11/2018 12:51:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Our knowledge of the toxicity of copper oxides comes from experiences of industrial workers in environments that were densely polluted with airborne copper oxides. Those individuals who exhibited copper oxide poisoning had inhaled a tremendous amount of CuO. If you completely oxidize and inhale about 10 The Machine-sized copper mesh plugs, you would approach their exposure levels. You really need industrial machinery to come close to poisoning yourself with copper. This is why I eventually gave up on my project of developing a heroic DMT dose delivery device made from a gas-powered blacksmithing forge and four kilos of bricked copper wire.