We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Either overdosed on roxys or Ginseng Honey Green tea did something Options

Ulim
#1 Posted : 3/29/2018 5:43:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/29/2018 6:29:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Ulim wrote:
That looks like a strong oxy overdose.

Perhaps. There are a couple of (non-exclusive) ways this could have happened.

It could have been a 'hot' pill through faulty manufacturing - much more likely if they were black/grey market products.

The ginseng and green tea could well have affected your metabolism in a way that boosted the effects of the oxy - by slowing its elimination and/or speeding up the formation of an active metabolite.

Quote:
Oxycodone is metabolized by the enzymes CYP3A4 and CYP2D6, and its clearance therefore can be altered by inhibitors and inducers of these enzymes.
(Karen Forbes (29 November 2007). Opioids in Cancer Pain. OUP Oxford. pp. 64–65. ISBN 978-0-19-921880-6.)

That said, I see no clear indication of the effect of either ginseng or green tea on these two enzymes - was their anything else in the tea blend? What were you eating in the hours preceding this unfortunate episode, ChimpZ? Oxycodone is known to interact adversly with grapefruit. And are you taking any other medications?
https://www.drugs.com/dr...lter=3&generic_only=

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Chimp Z
#3 Posted : 3/29/2018 11:35:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ya feels like an overdose or something
I had eaten Takis and peanut butter sandwich.

The link you posted mentions cannabis

I did smoke a blunt before this mayhem occurred

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 3/30/2018 2:15:23 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

All in all, I can only hope you're feeling better now, and that you take good care of yourself.

It probably won't be useful useful offering further speculation would be at this point. I don't want to overplay the enzyme interaction because it seems unlikely to me at this point. Otherwise I'm attempting to infer things about what flavour Takis you were eating and it gets too daft.

I can think of a whole lot more questions. Just how much do you want to get to the bottom of this?

Were you stoned and accidentally took more tablets than you thought you did?

Were the tablets obtained from a legitimate source?

Maybe the tea on an empty stomach increased the absorption of the oxycodone.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

Chimp Z
#5 Posted : 3/30/2018 3:08:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have eaten 3 different flavors of Takis while on this stuff before.
Even mixed alcohol
Just not in the best spirits but working on that.

The only thing different was drinking Green tea with ginseng.

Another thing is i took it orally after breaking up the pill.
Maybe the slow release part was crushed or the constituents absorbed into my tongue too fast.

I would say all this lasted 4 hours and I still feel very fried and low energy

No grapefruit. I had been drinking Mango juice most of the day.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 3/30/2018 11:06:13 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Mango is alleged to potentiate cannabis. It looks to me as though the combination of circumstances led to this unpleasant episode. It's hard to say which component was the straw that broke the camel's back, but - perhaps too easy for me to say - without the oxycodone you would have been fine.

While not wanting to make invalid inferences about your life, I'm still concerned. Are you looking after yourself right? Are things in general okay for you besides this incident?

dragonrider
#7 Posted : 3/30/2018 11:21:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it works more powerfully when taken sublingually.
I don't know much about oxycodone, as i live in europe, but most opiates work way more slowly when taken orally.

null24
#8 Posted : 3/31/2018 3:12:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Quote:

This sounds more like a cannabis OD than an opiate OD. Oxy won't absorb sublingual like that. People don't typically experience any of the symptoms you describe from an opiate overdose, but it aligns pretty well with a high THC experience for a novice or low threshold smoker. Usually happens when someone eats too much. Kinda funny, sorry.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

dragonrider
#9 Posted : 3/31/2018 5:05:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Quote:

This sounds more like a cannabis OD than an opiate OD. Oxy won't absorb sublingual like that. People don't typically experience any of the symptoms you describe from an opiate overdose, but it aligns pretty well with a high THC experience for a novice or low threshold smoker. Usually happens when someone eats too much. Kinda funny, sorry.

Yes, that could be it. If there was tobacco in that blunt then nicotine could have played a role as well. I've had a nicotine overdose on a couple of occasions because of joints with tobacco.
The symptoms where: shaking, not being able to stand up, cold sweat and complete loss of vision.

ETERNAL
#10 Posted : 3/31/2018 10:09:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well first of all OxyContin is a brand-name version of the extended-release form of oxycodone.
Roxicodone is the fast acting one as they don't make OxyContin oc anymore, only the OP version.
Either way, I wouldn't consider 15 mgs excessive abuse unless we are talking about injecting it into your blood stream. I had a friend that died from taking the OC version of OxyContin years ago, but I don't know what mg it was. I do know that he didn't have much experience with opiates and this could be your problem. These are extremely dangerous drugs. Opiate addiction is not a joke. I had a problem with OxyContin and hydrocodone. I had back surgery years ago and the pain management doctor prescribed me 120 80mg OC OxyContin and 180 10mg norco monthly and i was still having to purchase them from other people to feel normal. I have a high tolerance to opiates. When I have surgery's morphine doesn't do shit to me. I have to have a combination of Fentanyl and Hydromorphone. I was very addicted to these drugs and had to get on methadone for about a year then follow thru for two years with suboxone. In my opinion Methadone is the hardest to get off of. I thought it was going to be the end of me. I barely escaped its grasp.

I don't know why you think you almost died. Your description sounds like you might have just had an anxiety attack. I have been so fucking gone that I thought I was going to die many times, but i have been hospitalized 2 times and was hooked up to life support so that's what I would consider almost dying. My child's mother died of a heroin overdose. Another friend of mine died from heroin and another one died by taking methadone and xanax. I could go on but you get the point.

Maybe its a wake up call for you dude. I only see 2 options coming from using opiates.
1- You die
2- You get addicted.

Please just stay away from that shit. Vape some DMT.
There is only this and now. What this is exists as one.

AwesomeUsername
#11 Posted : 4/8/2018 1:22:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds to me like you simply didn't feel well, and since you had drugs in your system, you atributed it to that.

Stuff like that happens to me from time to time too, and it's usually hard to put a finger on why. You check for what you have eaten, did you rest well, have you taken something out of the ordinary and so on, but that doesn't always solve the mystery. You might be too short term oriented.

Think of it this way. In the past few months, have you been taking good care of yourself? Most people would say no, and I'm guessing you're one of them. Take an example from this, we all know a guy or we are the guy who works way too much, sleeps very little, eats almost nothing and is totally relient on coffee. For a good few months everybody would say "I'm fine, I got used to it". Then sudently that guy faints... nobody knows why.

The body gives you signs when something isn't right, and sometimes these signs are easily ignored, until your body deicides one day to scream at you "yo dumbass, something aint right". That could happen anytime, but for most taking drugs amplifies what is already wrong for a while. Even on it's own, you could get paranoid if you take too much even though nothing is wrong at all except the fact that the experience is more overwhelming than you intended.