We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Cold Exposure & Associated Benefits Options

#1 Posted : 4/4/2018 4:08:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/12-reasons-embrace-cold/

None of these things are real surprising, though still pretty cool nonetheless. Papers/studies linked throughout.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

justB612
#2 Posted : 4/4/2018 5:58:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice list, but one can go very deep when it comes to cold.

Deff look up the wim hof method, great stuff.

Also, gradual cold exposure will shift the metabolism into using mostly fat and not glucose Smile fascinating stuff :

https://www.youtube.com/...=uNzZod_d18A&t=2604s
A second chance? Huh... I thought I was on my fifth.

#3 Posted : 4/4/2018 7:48:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

justB612 wrote:
Nice list, but one can go very deep when it comes to cold.

Deff look up the wim hof method, great stuff.

Also, gradual cold exposure will shift the metabolism into using mostly fat and not glucose Smile fascinating stuff :

Yeah, Wim hof and his breathing method is pretty fascinating stuff, considering the dude summited mt. everest in shorts and socks I believe [several articles], i've seen a few podcasts with him speaking, his history, how it all came to be, etc. Really fascinating guy, you can tell he has a pretty invigorating presence. The vice documentary that was done on him was pretty decent too.

Nice to see someone else advocating his breathing method. Thumbs up

DoingKermit
#4 Posted : 4/5/2018 2:48:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Indeed great to see people into the WHM! He has been through a lot and I can see how the cold is viewed as a "teacher". It really does force you into the present and helps with trying to become an observer, without judgement, to that uncomfortable feeling the cold brings on. This can then be used in other areas of life.

I probably mentioned this on the forum somewhere, but I did the Wim Hoff course last year and find a huge benefit in adding the breathing rounds to my daily meditation practice. A 40 minute session can go quite deep. The cold showers also really make a difference to my overall well-being and sleep patterns. Having an ice-bath and breathing sesh before a DMT journey was amazing earlier this year as well.

Only thing I found a bit of a stretch in the course was the "DMT pineal activation technique". I don't want to take away from what people experience, but I will hold my belief until there is some evidence. The instructor said Wim was talking with Rick Strassman to design a study to prove it. Let's see!