We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Perhaps some of the largest grafts I've done in a bit Options

Wakinyan
#1 Posted : 3/17/2018 8:36:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Perhaps some of the largest grafts I've done in a bit.
Wakinyan attached the following image(s):
crestedpachanoi.jpg (1,249kb) downloaded 96 time(s).
crestedpachanoi1.jpg (961kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi2.jpg (1,130kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi3.jpg (1,152kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi4.jpg (1,192kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi5.jpg (1,420kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi6.jpg (1,533kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi7.jpg (1,142kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
crestedpachanoi8.jpg (828kb) downloaded 95 time(s).
When I graft you graft we graft

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#2 Posted : 3/17/2018 9:30:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, will be interesting to see how these progress.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
β€” Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Wakinyan
#3 Posted : 3/19/2018 7:50:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mitakuye Oyasin wrote:
Wow, will be interesting to see how these progress.

A quick progress note for you my friend. This is how they look today.
grafttoday19March.jpg (1,111kb) downloaded 68 time(s).

Wakinyan
#4 Posted : 3/19/2018 11:45:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

More grafts made today...
Trichocereus bridgesii hybrid.jpg (1,977kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
Trichocereus bridgesii graft.jpg (1,670kb) downloaded 59 time(s).
donor 187.jpg (413kb) downloaded 60 time(s).

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 3/20/2018 3:20:24 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

It's inspirational to see the method in action - and the way even irregular fragments can (presumably!) be grown in this fashion.

I'm hoping I can rescue a fragment of Echinocereus salm-dyckianus using this kind of technique. Time to purchase some Parafilm, methinks!

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Wakinyan
#6 Posted : 3/20/2018 7:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

downwardsfromzero wrote:
It's inspirational to see the method in action - and the way even irregular fragments can (presumably!) be grown in this fashion.

I'm hoping I can rescue a fragment of Echinocereus salm-dyckianus using this kind of technique. Time to purchase some Parafilm, methinks!

If your going to try the very last method... you may want to use string if your also going to use parafilm. The string can be wrapped better around the individual areoles to hold it snugly in place. Then come back with your parafilm to hold in the moisture. Otherwise, you an simply put the completed work in a humidity chamber.

As for irregular fragments... it is not how beautiful or symmetric the fragment is, but whether or not you can keep it from drying out while it is also healing and attaching to its new mother/stock.

What you can be assured of 100%... if you don't practice you will never get good. If you never try, you will never fail... but you will also never succeed. Try and try again and you will be a much better grafter than I am. Of that I am positive.
I learn as much by my failures as I do by my successes. So long as you remain unafraid to test your boundaries you will keep pushing those boundaries of what you can do. It really is that simple.