We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What is that wrinkled film stuff on top of ayahuasca Options

Existentialhero
#1 Posted : 10/23/2011 12:58:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Whats up Nexus so my friend was boiling down a ayahuasca brew filtered with lots of coffee filters and tee shirts. When It started getting low it developed a film on the top that at first could be redissolved in the brew when stirred but now there is a big glob of it sitting in my brew. I was wondering I anyone knew what this stuff is since most all solids were filtered out? Does it contain any actives? I hope not because swim would die choking that down. Thanks guys,

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

purple_dye
#2 Posted : 10/23/2011 1:14:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always got something similar to that right after using a egg white on it and assumed it was the tannins. I've always just throwing it out.
PS

This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were missing

Global
#3 Posted : 10/23/2011 3:57:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Sometimes I get this film on top that's iridescent and rainbow colors with crystalline shapes. I'd like to think in some way that it's DMT, but I doubt it. One time after drinking a cup of ayahuasca, there were these gooey crystals stuck to the side of my glass. I couldn't help but wonder...
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

universecannon
#4 Posted : 10/23/2011 5:19:35 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Thats normal. i forget what it is exactly, but i might have i heard it had to do with the tannins. I usually just stir it back into the liquid

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

AluminumFoilRobots
#5 Posted : 10/24/2011 12:35:11 AM

gufyg

yeah I was worried about that when I first started cooking vine... there are several posts concerning this, mine included. I just stir it back in. I have been mystified by the film while cooking, each plant seems to have its own distinctive pattern that forms on top of the brew if it goes unstirred, and I've always thought in the back of my head that perhaps the power of the plants comes through in the actual product...

sometimes I swear I can see the whole amazon river and its many tributaries on the top of a cooked vine brew.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Fairly responsible Kratom user.

"whenever he drank ayahuasca, he had such beautiful visions that he used to put his hands over his eyes for fear somebody might steal them."
in between the grinding-brakes of a train crash while aluminum-foil robots make obnoxious sex noises on a static-filled walkie-talkie radio.

maranello551
#6 Posted : 4/25/2016 8:04:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Anyone know for sure?

maranello551
#7 Posted : 3/18/2018 8:12:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Bump plez