We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Delosperma Extraction - Looking good. Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 10/29/2009 6:35:40 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Someone generous donated a big box of fresh delosperma cooperi plant material to The Root Foundation for phytoanalysis. Smile Smile Smile
Had to figure out a tek for this one and it seems to have worked.
This is still a work in progress so no solid conclusions can be formed yet.
Time of harvest is important with this family of plants as their alkaloid content varies from season to season.

The goal here was to isolate spice so other possible alkaloids in the plant have not been focused on.

The fresh, but wilting and kelpy smelling arial parts of the plant were chopped up then blended with just enough water to get it flowing smoothly in the blender.
This mixture was then acidified with hydrochloric acid to a ph of just below 3 and left to sit over night.
In the morning it was strained and the solids soaked in more acidic water - strained again and then the solids were discarded and the waters combined.
To the acidic aqueus portion, a mixture of dlimonene and xylene was added and the solution agitated - the solvents quickly picked up loads of stinky gunk - clearing the solution somewhat.
Defatting was repeated until no more miffness formed.
The solution was then turned basic with sodium hydroxide until a ph of approximately 13 was reached
5-meo-dmt and any mesembrine type alkaloids would most likely be destroyed at this ph.
d-limonene was added to the basic solution and agitated, then separated.
fumaric acid saturated water was prepared then mixed with the dlimonene pulls then separated and evaporated to yeild a large amount of peanut butter colored flakes - very simmilar to if jorkest's tek is used on mhrb, but a little drier.
the dlimonene pull was repeated this time yeilding amazing fumarate xtals in tree like shapes - of what - we will soon see.

Second pull unwashed fumarate pix

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

smokeydaze
#2 Posted : 10/29/2009 6:38:29 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

wow?
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

۩
#3 Posted : 10/29/2009 6:43:44 AM

phlux

you kick so much ass

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 10/29/2009 7:12:56 AM

The Root

Well it deffinately looks like more than just fumaric acid Smile

one other nice thing - there is just so damn much of it - cant wait to freebase it.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

SKA
#5 Posted : 10/29/2009 11:01:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interresting. Due to SWIM once reading about serveral Delosperma species containing DMT and 5 meo-dmt, SWIM picked up some Iceplants when he saw them in a store.

He's not sure what species of Delosperma this is, but they grew very well in the garden last summer so he's got a shitload of dried flowers and seedpods.
If this is what SWIY extracted from Delosperma Cooperi, that looks promising indeed!
I guess it remains to be seen how much of those crystals is NN,DMT.
Can SWIY specify how many miligrams of alkaloids were extracted from how many grams of fresh D.Cooperi material?

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 11/3/2009 7:11:51 AM

The Root

the huge amount of fumarates were washed with acetone - then freebased using the sodium carbonate paste tek - first the mix was pulled with acetone - then methanol - both were evapped + the wash acetone was evapped separately - none of these yeilded what was expected and i recon all the actives are stuck in the freebasing mix so far.

what should be done now - pull on the freebasing mix with dcm or mek or something ?
was it wrong to freebase like this ( i read that using alcahols to pull on this tek may grip the n-oxide if present )

Does MEK Bother anyone elses skin alot ?
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Infundibulum
#7 Posted : 11/3/2009 10:23:14 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Phlux- wrote:
the huge amount of fumarates were washed with acetone - then freebased using the sodium carbonate paste tek - first the mix was pulled with acetone - then methanol - both were evapped + the wash acetone was evapped separately - none of these yeilded what was expected and i recon all the actives are stuck in the freebasing mix so far.

what should be done now - pull on the freebasing mix with dcm or mek or something ?
was it wrong to freebase like this ( i read that using alcahols to pull on this tek may grip the n-oxide if present )

Does MEK Bother anyone elses skin alot ?

There is something simpler to do just to check the potency from the freebasing mix without pulling with acetone or other solvents.

Just mix the fumarates with sodium carbonaate, add water to a paste and let dry (as you did) then just smoke this thing through a bong. SWIM did this thing once when he could not pull more freebase from the dried sodium carbonate paste thing but he suspected there might be more to it.

He used a long waterbong for the smoking step though so he wouldn't accidental inhale any sodium carbonate or other salts. Effects were minimal, like 10-15 mg of spice!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Aegle
#8 Posted : 11/3/2009 10:40:43 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Phlux

Such beautiful pictures, The pattern formation looks very much like arteries of a plant or a person. Thank you for always trying new experiments and inspiring me to do bigger and greater things.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Observant
#9 Posted : 11/3/2009 3:12:14 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

Awesome development , phlux !
The results look impressive .

I can't wait for the Bioassay.
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

SKA
#10 Posted : 11/3/2009 10:32:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So Phlux, is SWIY's extract psychoactive? Has SWIY tried vaporising some of those crystals?

If so then SWIM really needs to get into Delosperma cultivation. He had a certain Delosperma growing in his garden last summer and it grew really fast and spread like mad.

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 11/4/2009 2:31:41 AM

The Root

well methanol and acetone picked up something - still some color remains so ethanol was used - il get the final product sorted later today hopefully.
curse damn n-oxide, i got a feeling most of the spice in there is n-oxide.
gotta find me some zink.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

MagikVenom
#12 Posted : 11/4/2009 2:36:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looking good indeed and I will bet a dollar its active as freebased smoked. I have done a couple extractions on D. cooperi(sp?) years ago I did a standard A/B that yeilded a dirty oil that was indeed very active. I would describe effects as similar to DPT with a hint of 5 Meo. Very visual but mostly black and white shades of grey. Very nice thought provoking mentally as well.

Much better than LEGAL DPT for me, I never get profound mental states from DPT just heavy visuals and big body load I prefer it in combo with other tryptamines. I would not purchase DPT again even at $160g US as mentally it does nothing for me. Visuals are nice but I seek the mental effects of psychedelics the visuals are just a bonus.

My oily second extraction was in a glass dish in my garage maybe 3or4 grams of oil and my girlfriend washed the dish and put it awayShocked she also chucked my desmodium extraction that was near byShocked Not her fault mine for being so messy and leaving dirty dishes everywhere.

Still it was not as bad as the time 50hits of sid(REAL LSD from a 3day Dead show) ended up in the apartment complex dumpester because I had them in a empty Marlboro cig pack and again someone was nice enough to clean up after me. I went dumster diving and found about 100other empty Marlboro cig packs but not the one I was looking forCrying or very sad

Good work looks sweet and clean let us know how the test comes out. I might have to go back to the Burger King drive thru and see if the ice plant I saw a few months back is still there. It wont survive the winter here and it is supposed to freeze here tonight fist frost of the HATED DEPRESSING winter. I got to move back south!

Was the plant flowering with tiny seeds? If so save any? Not sure if all Delosperma is active of if certain specimens have high alkaloid content. I made sure mine were very dry but still alive I washed all the dirt off of roots and put the whole plant in a blender with water at ph3 using hydrochloric acid(hardware store Muriatic).

I did just one defat(I was extraction noob at the time) then standard A/B with evaporation of solvent(lighter fluid) so I had a very very light yellow oil full of fat but active. Most likely a Freeze percip would have been much better but was not know by amateur extractors at the time.

PEACE
MV

Phlux-
#13 Posted : 11/4/2009 5:27:22 AM

The Root

Well if lighter fluid/naptha was used then i think most of the spice (if it really is - and so far it seems to be) would have been left behind as dmt-n-oxide seems very insoluble in naptha.

What season was your delosperma harvested in as this greatly changes its alkaloid profile.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

MagikVenom
#14 Posted : 11/4/2009 5:35:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux- wrote:
Well if lighter fluid/naptha was used then i think most of the spice (if it really is - and so far it seems to be) would have been left behind as dmt-n-oxide seems very insoluble in naptha.

What season was your delosperma harvested in as this greatly changes its alkaloid profile.

It was in the middle of summer in central Florida USA day temps 95 to 100F day. 80 to 85 nights.

Not sure of final base solution ph I added sodium hydroxide until black and slippery. I then had to add additional sodium hydroxide as necessary to eliminate emulsions. I then removed solvent layer and replaced with fresh solvent once a week for four weeks. No heat bath was used but temps in Florida garage are 100 to 115F maybe higherShocked

MagikVenom
#15 Posted : 11/20/2009 8:31:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 11/20/2009 8:54:16 AM

The Root

i may just do that Pleased - some things from some jungle experiences that freaked me right out have all been put in their correct places.
il update this thread in a few days time.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ginkgo
#17 Posted : 1/9/2010 4:06:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, what happened with this thread Phlux? I am looking forward to the continuation... Smile

Phlux-
#18 Posted : 1/10/2010 5:44:17 AM

The Root

damn sorry - this extraction got pushed aside.

the freebasing went so wrong - if there was spice in this plant it was in n-oxide form.
it was converted back to fumarate with a great loss in yeild - not quite sure what to do.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

shoe
#19 Posted : 1/13/2010 1:17:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't beleive all of those crystals just dissapeared. Did you try eating some THH with the fumarate form?
DMT from other botanical sources rocks.
shoe

ॐ भूर्भुव: स्व: तत्सवितुर्वरेण्यं । भर्गो देवस्य धीमहि, धीयो यो न: प्रचोदयात्
Love, Gratittude, Compassion, Fearlessness!

Phlux-
#20 Posted : 1/13/2010 6:22:47 AM

The Root

idk man - i too concerned about my health to start eating random xtal combinations.
there are the fumarates still on the plate from the rescue operation - they seem to be oxidizing ??? changing orange ????
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

12NEXT