We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mini AB cleanup doesnt work for me? Options

starway6
#1 Posted : 3/16/2018 6:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have tryed the mini AB cleanup on acacia three times... and every time it didnt work...

i used well over 100grams of acacia bark the last time i tryed... and put my dmt rich napatha pulls in jar and equal amount of acidic water [using white vinegar] then shook up the mix at least 10 times allowing for seperation of layers...

I dont know what im doing wrong?.. but i always seem to end up with a lot of large oily bubbles between the napatha on top and acidic water on bottom...??

The oily bubbles in bottom half of jar appear to be in the water half on bottom and not in the the napatha on top where its supposed to be?

And the oily air bubbles are taking up 3/4 of the water space?

The tec said that all the oils and fats should migrate into the napatha and the acidic water should contain the dmt

The last time i threw the napatha away!Crying or very sad [i now know that was a mistake] because the dmt was propibly in it...

After adding the lye to my acidic water it turned white then i pulled with fresh napatha getting only a tiny fraction of the dmt after evaporation?

So my guess is ...most of the dmt was still in the napatha that i threw away...

This time i did no defatting at all...and put the napatha pulls in freezer then in morning i pour off the napatha into diferent container saving it..

Then i simply dry the white crystals sticking to the bottom and sides of glass and get fairly white crystals..

I know that the poured off napatha still has some dmt in it..but im hopeing that most of my dmt crystalized in freezer?

The left over jungle i may just evaporate into a wax after i try more freeze precips on it..

I would LOVE to do the mini AB!... but it seems im not doing something right in the process?

One thing i didnt do is check the acidity... i simply made some acidic water and mixed it into the napatha pulls...

But if i do the freezer pour off of the napatha.. i think im removing most of the fatty oils from the dmt right? ??/ because the crystals smell good and look white in color... and this should be fairly pure product?

any opinions welcome....

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Northerner
#2 Posted : 3/17/2018 12:35:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I struggled too until I used household cleaning vinegar as my acid, not diluted.

No issues from then on.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 3/17/2018 10:31:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I only worked with MHRB, having emulsion problems too.

What helped me was the following:

- filtering the solution before base and pull; smaller particles probably caused the emulstion
- slow mixing by just tilting the container - no shaking
- smaller pH swing - using less acid (maybe) and definitely less base, only get pH high enough to precipitate the alkaloid, pushing pH too high will saponify the fats and you will basically make soap - and soap means bubbles
- de-fat thoroughly (beware of emulsion also when de-fatting); less fats mean less change of saponification
- separate the emulsion form clear water and naphtha layers in a smaller containr, heat, mix slowly, sprinkle in some salt - most of the emulsion will succumb; it takes time and lots of slow mixing