We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Need help - Is it smokable? Options

AngelwithSinn
#1 Posted : 3/10/2018 8:14:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, I need help if anyone can answer I would greatly appreciate it.

I extracted MHRB using lighter fluid, followed nomans tek found on this site.

I screwed up and accidentally skipped the wash.

Basically I ground up the bark, added to lye, and then added lighter fluid.

I separated and froze the naptha.

Was left with snow white powder which I retreived through coffee filters.

What I want to know - Is this enough to smoke at this point without the wash?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Northerner
#2 Posted : 3/10/2018 8:30:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You're good to go.

The wash stage is not necessary, I don't use it either. In fact many lose loads of spice by messing that bit up.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

AngelwithSinn
#3 Posted : 3/10/2018 11:06:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey, thanks a lot for the response.

I figured it would be okay but just wanted some confirmation.

It almost seemed too easy to make to be honest.

Now I just have to get up the intestinal fortitude to actually do it...lol

Very happy

Northerner
#4 Posted : 3/11/2018 1:31:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Happy travels

Leave your fear behind, accept and embrace. Let it take you, don't try to fight it.

Thumbs up

null24
#5 Posted : 3/11/2018 4:31:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Smoalk up!

Just remember that none of it is yours and that the universe loves you. You'll be fine.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

TGO
#6 Posted : 3/11/2018 4:37:52 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

I know you have this all worked out already, but just in case if you have any more doubts, the following thread is a goldmine of valuable information:

Is Your DMT Okay to Smoke?
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

AngelwithSinn
#7 Posted : 3/11/2018 5:41:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot.

And I wish I had everything worked out...lol

I've done my research for years, but the map is not the territory.

I've done a lot of work on my ego lately, and my last mushroom trip was light and without anxiety, however I am still hesitant, waiting for the universe to tell me when the right time for dmt is.

I feel it's coming soon but I am in no hurry.

Thanks for the link!

Thumbs up

Soaring Eagle
#8 Posted : 3/11/2018 8:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Personally I would do a re-x. I think it's incredibly cheap not to recrystallize your dmt. You used sodium hydroxide and to think that your dmt has no traces of it is kind of stupid. I hate it when full members tell the newbies that cleaning your dmt is not necessary. Because their cheap they want to believe that their doing things the right way. If you was to re-x a gram of dmt you might lose 100-200mg but some of its not even going to be dmt. Once you learn how to extract you can do it for the rest of your life so take care of your health...

null24
#9 Posted : 3/11/2018 8:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Soaring Eagle wrote:
iBecause their cheap

Nice. Welcome to the community. Confused

Look forward to you contributing, sounds like you are confident that can teach us all. Just what,I'm not sure.
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Soaring Eagle
#10 Posted : 3/11/2018 10:08:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Soaring Eagle wrote:
iBecause their cheap

Look forward to you contributing, sounds like you are confident that can teach us all. Just what,I'm not sure.

Lol it is cheap. Care to show something you've done to contribute? A extraction tek or anything? Or do you just talk?

TGO
#11 Posted : 3/11/2018 10:30:11 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Soaring Eagle wrote:
null24 wrote:
Soaring Eagle wrote:
iBecause their cheap

Lol it is cheap. Care to show something you've done to contribute? A extraction tek or anything? Or do you just talk?

Thumbs down Thumbs down

You obviously haven't read through any of Null's posts if you have to ask that question.

If you want to re-x, that is fine. A final cleaning step is, in fact, a great way to end an extraction, we get it. But is there a need to attack other members? Your troll-like behavior is unseemly.

Soaring Eagle
#12 Posted : 3/11/2018 11:13:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO wrote:
Soaring Eagle wrote:
null24 wrote:
Soaring Eagle wrote:
iBecause their cheap

Thumbs down Thumbs down

You obviously haven't read through any of Null's posts if you have to ask that question.

If you want to re-x, that is fine. A final cleaning step is, in fact, a great way to end an extraction, we get it. But is there a need to attack other members? Your troll-like behavior is unseemly.

They're giving bad advice. He did the same thing to me.

Soaring Eagle
#13 Posted : 3/11/2018 11:25:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TGO please prove be wrong about Null. A extraction tek, a alteration of a extraction tek. Anything? Obviously its not going to be about harm reduction.

TGO
#14 Posted : 3/11/2018 11:30:03 PM

Welcoming committee

Look, you came in to this thread and called every member who doesn't prefer to do a re-x "cheap." You then insulted another member about the quality of their contributions, who was responding to your first snide comment.

There are constructive ways to express your opinion without attacking the integrity of others. The fact is, you can get away without doing a re-x or wash of any sort and have a very clean product. You prefer it one way, and some others prefer it differently. These are called opinions and we are all free to have them.

The OP has a handful of options, it is ultimately up to them to do what they will with their final product.

I respectfully request that we stop derailing this thread now.

Edit: However, I'm not going to validate someone for you by digging up posts. If you want to find the beauty in Null's writing, find it yourself by searching.

AngelwithSinn
#15 Posted : 3/11/2018 11:44:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting.

I'm not against a wash, and I didn't take the advice that it's okay to smoke as "cheap", for me it isn't about how much dmt I might lose in the process, it's more about is it okay to smoke - (as in will it kill me or be super harmful to my health.)

From the consensus on here it seems a lot of people don't do the wash, and it isn't harmful to a great degree.

I'm no one to make any comment really myself, smoke cigarettes and used to drink quite heavily so I'm no stranger to not making the most healthy decisions when it comes to my body and ingesting things.

I should probably do more research I guess, exactly what possible contaminates are left over after this type of extraction?

I was more asking for what I got, to know that others are smoking the product without the wash and not ending up in hospital.

TGO
#16 Posted : 3/12/2018 12:23:05 AM

Welcoming committee

The general rule of thumb is:

If in doubt, do a re-x or wash of some sort, especially if you are new to extracting. You don't want to be worrying about the purity when you smoke. But, of course, with such limited information, none of us know how sloppy or how squeaky clean the extraction was performed in the first place, so the advice only goes so far...Personally, I prefer to do one recrystallization.

The link I posted earlier covers some possible contaminants from things such as plastic, solvents, or base soup. If none of the things listed by Endlessness apply to your extraction(in the "Your Spice is Okay to Smoke When:" section), you should be good to go.

Northerner
#17 Posted : 3/12/2018 7:19:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AngelwithSinn wrote:
Interesting.
I was more asking for what I got, to know that others are smoking the product without the wash and not ending up in hospital.

Never heard of anything like that. Harsh throat and lung sensations and numb lips are common with lye contamination. Solvent contamination stinks and you'd smell it the second you started smoking it.

Soaring Eagle:

Please don't assume that a re-x is essential because it is possible, it's really not if you haven't sucked up base or used a poor quality solvent. You might be able to take your purity from 99% to 99.5%, but you can lose 10%+ of your yield and most of what you remove that isn't DMT would just be NMT and other fats and alkaloids anyway.

Just say a few drops of base got into your precipitation dish. Assuming you based to 13ph this would mean that you had used about ~5g+ per 100ml. So there would be 0.05g per ml, but a few small drops would be only be 0.1ml... 0.005g of lye, and then you have to assume that all of that was caught in the precipitation and none remained in the solvent. That 5mg spread over your 1000mg of alkaloid would give you approximately 0.00025g of lye in a massive hit of DMT. There's more sodium hydroxide than that in chinese noodles.

Even then you would have to hope that all of that 5mg didn't make it out of your re-x, because there's certainly no guarantees there either.

There's a hell of a lot of assumptions there, and the reason why a re-x is not completely necessary.

That's not even mentioning that in Nomans tek OP was following is an ammonia wash and people have been known to lose huge percentages to that wash style.

Your attitude sucks. You are insulting and presumptuous. Show us your contributions to the community rather than demand it of people who have been here for many years... the onus is on you. Thumbs down

Loveall
#18 Posted : 3/12/2018 12:03:18 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Northener, even if some NaOH ended up in the final product, wouldn't it be very difficult to vaporize? NaOH melting point is in the 600Fs and boiling point in the 2000Fs. NaOH probably won't even melt if DMT is vaped properly, not that any should be significantly present like you say.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Northerner
#19 Posted : 3/12/2018 1:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Good point Loveall,
I read about people who cocked up their extractions big time and tried to smoke heavy lye laden extractions, even insta-dried it and trapped the solvent. It's virtually impossible to smoke according to the reports. Burns and stinks like hell. I think these guys probably didn't read the teks properly and/or thought it was cool to suck up the soup to get the last bit of solvent.

I reckon most people who can follow a cake recipe can do a decent basic extraction straight off the bat though, it's not hard.

null24
#20 Posted : 3/12/2018 3:21:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks y'all. I really hate defending myself, it's an egoist pursuit. Big grin

Personally I never bother with 're-x since I am very careful with the pulls and always leave a good layer of nps rather than pull it all.

*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

12NEXT