We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trichocereus Peruvianus and Peruvian Torch are two different species. Options

kemist
#1 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:02:16 AM

John

Parrot found pictures of Trichocereus peruvianus and picture of Peruvian Torch and he has to say those are different. Can anybody commment on this. Which one is more potent?
Peruvian Torch

Trichocereus Peruvianus

They look different, especially spines

As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

antichode
#2 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:09:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim thought that Peruvian Torch was just a nick name given to Peruvianus, much like San Pedro is the nick name for a Pachanoi.... They are one in the same no?

That first picture you posted looks like a cuzcoensis

kemist
#3 Posted : 10/27/2009 8:14:32 AM

John

ILPT thought the same , but apparently not. According to Coatl `Cuzco` shouldn`t be much active at all, but parrot heard about vendor carying quiet nice cuzco chips. Could that be just simply missidentifying of species? Who knows. Wut?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

soulfood
#4 Posted : 10/27/2009 12:05:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

I think it depends on the Cuzco. Any trichocereus peruvianus that I have seen in local garden centres have been very cuzcoesque and like many reported, probably aren't all that potent. But looking at the species known by some as KK242, I'd say that is also a cuzcoensis and also oftenly mistaken for a peruvianus, but some people report it to be quite rich in alkaloids.

kemist
#5 Posted : 10/28/2009 12:40:12 AM

John

soulfood wrote:
But looking at the species known by some as KK242, I'd say that is also a cuzcoensis and also oftenly mistaken for a peruvianus, but some people report it to be quite rich in alkaloids.

Trichocerus peruvianus on bottom picture was labeled as KK242!
The top one as peruvian torch. It`s called like that because it`s golden spines resembling lit torch. Spines on KK242 doesn`t resembling lit torch but still it is t. peruvianus

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 10/28/2009 12:43:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great... Even more confusing information about these cacti. I really think we need to get some research done, there are far too many myths surrounding San Pedro and especially Peruvian Torch. I have no idea what to believe anymore.

bufoman
#7 Posted : 10/28/2009 12:52:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

They are considered different species by most, however there is GREAT overlap in phenotypes. There are short spined torch and long spined pac. They seem to be of about equal potency some studies have found slightly higher concentrations in pac. There is a myth that torch is way more potent but this is just speculation no science supports it.

Some people think they are a single species with many different phenotypes much work in genotyping will be required to sort this out.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 10/28/2009 4:32:59 PM

Teotzlcoatl

"Peruvian Torch" is the common name for Trichocereus peruvianus.

It's not anymore complicated than that.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

soulfood
#9 Posted : 10/28/2009 7:52:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

kemist wrote:
soulfood wrote:
But looking at the species known by some as KK242, I'd say that is also a cuzcoensis and also oftenly mistaken for a peruvianus, but some people report it to be quite rich in alkaloids.

Trichocerus peruvianus on bottom picture was labeled as KK242!
The top one as peruvian torch. It`s called like that because it`s golden spines resembling lit torch. Spines on KK242 doesn`t resembling lit torch but still it is t. peruvianus

I'm still pretty new to the whole cactus thing, but something I've picked up on early on is to be very skeptical of any Karel Knize ID labels.
http://www.sacredcactus.com/peruvian_torch21.htm

69ron
#10 Posted : 10/28/2009 8:03:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
"Peruvian Torch" is the common name for Trichocereus peruvianus.

It's not anymore complicated than that.

Agreed.

Just because some author decides to misuse the name, doesn't mean we should also be confused. "Peruvian Torch" means "Trichocereus peruvianus". If anyone uses it to mean anything else, they are misusing the name.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 10/28/2009 8:23:07 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Unless it's a flaming torch being held by a Peruvian man, that is also a "Peruvian Torch" Smile
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb