We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
SyrianRue from 2015- still viable? Options

null24
#1 Posted : 3/3/2018 4:12:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Recently came across a package of Syrian rue seeds, vacuum sealed but transparent that was labeled 2015.

A previous experiment with tea made from seeds from the same source proved fruitless, but but sure the reasons for that failure.

Does anyone know how long rue seeds are viable, not for planting, but for MAO inhibition?

I usually just go it ghetto, and smoke raw seeds or maybe make tea if I'm feeling industrious, fyi.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

concombres
#2 Posted : 3/3/2018 7:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They should be fine. Harmala alkaloids are fairly stable under reasonable conditions & the whole seeds should retain potency in a vaccum sealed container for a long time.

I have some sadaaf brand esphand that sat in a droor in the original package since 2013. An extraction last month yeilded ~5% after cleanup.

null24
#3 Posted : 3/3/2018 8:53:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Right on,thanks.

I'm pretty fortunate to have a brick and mortar ethnobot store in my neighborhood, their main product is kratom and I don't know how much they move of other things,like the rue.

I was thinking of going to a middle eastern grocery for esphand, I wonder if it would be fresher.

However,it doesn't sound like it matters much.

These do seem potent, actually. It makes me wonder how we screwed up last time, when a friend and I made tea from seeds from the same vendor. I believe we misidentified or mixed up the seeds we used. Oops.

In fact, I feel that the rue revealed itself to me in a way after smoking some raw combined with herb. It seemed to be a crystalline clear viscous liquid- the vision looked kind of like the bulbs at the top of THC trichomes. It served as a substance that another substance with synergy can "project" it's vision through, slowing, clarifying and focusing it.

Hmm. Yeah, these seeds are fine mWink
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

concombres
#4 Posted : 3/3/2018 10:27:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have noticed that the esphand i get from middle eastern grocery shops seems to always be a little darker in color compared to the ethnobot stuff i have had. Im not sure if that means anything or not. Its just something i have taken notice of over the years.

I have never had a batch of bunk rue but i dont have enough experience with rue alone that i feel comfortable saying i notice a huge difference in potency between batches, although i am working more with it now on its own much more than i have.

The synergy with cannibas i have heard about but i cant comment. I havent used cannibas aside from the rare edible in 7 or 8 years. I do feel that rue holds potential as an activator fo sure though.

One thing i have found through experience though is that smoking even the refined extracts of rue seems much less pronounced in effect than oral dosing.

ShamensStamen
#5 Posted : 3/3/2018 11:42:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

concombres wrote:
One thing i have found through experience though is that smoking even the refined extracts of rue seems much less pronounced in effect than oral dosing.

Yeah smoked Rue/Harmalas is a lot more heady, whereas oral Rue/Harmalas is full bodied, i think the same goes for DMT for me personally. Changa is way more heady than bodily and oral Aya/Ana/Pharma is full bodied. I like smoking Rue/Harmalas, but it's definitely not as powerful/full as it is orally.

concombres
#6 Posted : 3/4/2018 1:14:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

ShamensStamen wrote:
concombres wrote:

Yeah smoked Rue/Harmalas is a lot more heady, whereas oral Rue/Harmalas is full bodied, i think the same goes for DMT for me personally. Changa is way more heady than bodily and oral Aya/Ana/Pharma is full bodied. I like smoking Rue/Harmalas, but it's definitely not as powerful/full as it is orally.

Im not sure about vaporized DMT just yet. I have had experiences all across the board intensity wise but something seems offs with duration. I get maybe 5-6 full minutes most of the time where as oral dosing works as expected with full 5-6hr experiences.