We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Human pharmacology of Ayahuasca capsules vs tea from the literature Options

tregar
#1 Posted : 3/1/2018 12:56:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thought it would be good to post an updated post on this old topic, drawing from classic old and new literature:

From page 61 of "Ayahuasca Analogues" (1994) by Jonathan Ott:
Quote:
On a 5 point potency scale,

1 = non-entheogenic stimulation
2 = entheogenic threshold
3 = mild trip
4 = moderately-strong trip
5 = technical knockout of the ego

Experiment 3 with Ayahuasquero in Equador: 50 psychotria viridis leaves per dose, thrice extracted with water and boiled down to 700ml with caapi. I received about 50ml. The potion was far from delectable and we were all give a piece of ginger to kill the taste. This time there was no question that the potion was powerfully entheogenic. Within a hour I experienced vivid visions and synaesthesia, with a pronounced auditory component. Very euphoric and quite powerful dmt effects lasted for some 2 hours, after which I slept easily and soundly.

Experiment 13 consisted of 188mg harmine hcl (160mg freebase) (2.0mg/kg) with 40mg dmt freebase (0.5mg/kg) mixed together & ingested as a single pharmahuasca capsule. Indeed, this evoked a proportionally stronger dmt effect with first signs evident only 20 minutes after ingesting and the peak attained at 1:30, maintaining a plateau until 2:40, with clearly diminishing effects at the 3 hour point, and no effects at all by the fourth hour. This was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5, representing a "mild trip."

Experiment 20 consisted of 188mg harmine hcl (160mg freebase) (2.0mg/kg) with 50mg dmt freebase (0.63mg/kg) mixed together & ingested as a single gelatin pharmahuasca capsule. This was between a "3" and a "4" on a scale of 1 to 5. It was between a mild and moderately strong trip.

Experiment 21 consisted of 188mg harmine hcl (160mg freebase) (2.0mg/kg) with 60mg dmt freebase (0.75mg/kg) mixed together & ingested as a single gelatin pharmahuasca capsule. This represented a "4" on a scale of 1 to 5. It was a moderately-strong trip.
His book is rare to find and retails for over two hundred dollars from book collectors, but read back when it was in print. I should also mention that back in the day, Ott knew very little about tetrahydroharmine or thh in caapi. Many people forget that it is the 2nd biggest alkaloid in caapi, and plays a huge role. I would suggest sticking with real caapi vs harmine only in dreams.

http://ibogaine.mindvox....ahuasca-vinho-da-jurema/
hxxp://ibogaine.mindvox.com/articles/pharmahuasca-anahuasca-vinho-da-jurema/

In 1997 he wrote (from above link):
Quote:
I have tested doses as high as 160 mg DMT [2.0 mg/kgl, experiencing progressively more intense psychotropic effects, but always with the same approximate pharmacodynamics, quite similar to what I have enjoyed with genuine Amazonian ayahuasca potions in Brasil, Ecuador and Perú:

– 45 minutes to an hour incubation period; the effects quickly building to a peak by 1: 15 and maintaining a plateau for 45 minutes to an hour; followed by about an hour of diminishing effects; the experience usually all but over around the 3 hour point.

In no case have I ever experienced nausea in pharmahuasca experiments, although I have weathered nausea and episodes of vomiting provoked by genuine ayahuasca in Amazonia.

In any case, I generally eat little or nothing on the day of ingestion.

During the experimental series, I always allowed roughly a minimum of a week to elapse between the individual experiments.

From "Articulations, On the Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" (2015) by Julian Palmer:
Quote:
Modern day researchers, spearheaded by people such as myself, have realized that Jonathan Ott's calculations fall short of what most explorers need for a truly visionary experience. Even with a strong harmine/Banisteriopsis caapi dosage, 30-60mg of dmt is not sufficient to produce significant visionary effects in most people. So if fact, a dosage of 30-40mg of dmt is where tryptamine-like effects just begin to occur for most people, and 10-25mg dmt is not really noticeable above the gentle psychoactive effects of the harmine.

Each person is different and for some rare individuals, 30-40mg may be about as much dmt as they wish to take--but most people need at least 60-80mg for sufficient psychoactive effects and even at this dosage, you generally cannot expect a full-blown visionary experience, even when using a strong dose of 4 grams of syrian rue or 100 grams of strong caapi vine. Also, it should be pointed out that going beyond 4 grams of syrian rue (around 200-280mg of harmaline) or 100 grams of strong caapi vine (150--250mg of harmine) can increase the negative effects of these beta-carbolines--which include a feeling of heaviness, pressure in the head, inability to walk properly, more purging and perhaps more of an emphasis on bodily processes.

An oral dosage of 100mg of dmt is where the visionary qualities really begin to occur, for most people say when they are taking 3 grams of syrian rue or 80 grams of strong vine, and in context, 40-60 grams of strong vine is enough to fully mao inhibit most people.

I would say to neophyte explorers to tread carefully, and to slowly increase your dmt dosage in increments: perhaps starting at 60mg, going to 100mg, then 150mg. Some people are going to find 100mg of dmt to be exceedingly strong, and it will perhaps give them an experience they did not feel ready for.

It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?

With extracted dmt, with chemicals used it would appear that some dimensions and qualities of the tryptamine molecules are compromised. Also, there is the factor of isolating the alkaloids from the rest of the plant. For example, there are very few people who say that extracted pure mescaline from the cactus is as potent of full bodied compared to when they take the tea made from the cactus flesh.

When making a tea from the whole plant, you are extracting the essence of the plant intelligence from its very flesh, not just isolating the alkaloids. In the alchemic method "Spagyrics" developed by Paracelsus, often considered the father of modern medicine, the ashes of the plant are commonly burnt and then blended back into an alcohol-extracted tincture. Friends who have experimented with this procedure report that a Spagyric tincture of Ayahuasca is much more potent than a normal tea prepared from the same amount of Ayahuasca vine.

A sample experiment from "Ayahuasca Analogues" page 58:
tregar attached the following image(s):
Ott.3.jpg (165kb) downloaded 540 time(s).
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 3/1/2018 4:47:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

That Ott book is a treasure, although a new, updated edition would be, perhaps, even more awesome. Whatever, it's still an important part of my home library. True, too, though that Ott's observations on dosage are a little on the low side for most people. You could call that prudent if you think about it.

It may be worth comparing the dosage values as mg/kg; Ott's absolute dosage values are for 80kg body weight.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

tregar
#3 Posted : 3/1/2018 8:06:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, agree downwardsfromzero, as is his book Pharmacotheon. Most reports have read place 70mg+ as equal to Ott's 60mg "moderately strong". The actual plant brew from Hawaiian psychotria being actively strong at perhaps 1/2 that amount due to improved dynamics of digestion, superior plant salt form & other unknown factors that may lead to better perceived all-encompassing quality, more color, more potency, etc, as mentioned by Palmer above, only downside is that the actives in the leaf tend to be somewhat variable even from one handful to another, and the taste-bud revolt from the plant matter.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

tregar
#4 Posted : 3/4/2018 11:34:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chart as promised from his book: For Table III-A & Table III-B, on a 5 point potency scale of subjective effects:

3 = mild trip

Jonathan Ott's new 2011 article entitled "Psychonautic uses of 'Ayahuasca' and its Analouges: Panacaea or Outre Entertainment?" (located on pages 104 to 122 of the below linked book) from "The Internationalization of Ayahuasca":
https://books.google.com...%20ayahuasca&f=false
On page 121 Ott writes (2011):
Quote:
We ought not judge coldly the recreational use of anahuasca -- there are as many paths to a goal, as radii can be drawn from a centre--sensual enjoyment, both with and without drugs, can be a path to self-knowledge and enlightenment. In any case the path to enlightenment is long. Many people who presently employ anahuasca mainly as part of a spiritual quest, cut their teeth decades ago. One of the first lessons to be learned is not to judge others. My focus has ever been on the tools: to put visionary shamanic technology in the hands of peple. It is not my place to judge them, to judge what they do with the tools.
ott.jpg (86kb) downloaded 551 time(s).
Ott.2.jpg (44kb) downloaded 545 time(s).

Legarto Rey
#5 Posted : 3/4/2018 8:05:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, wow, wow! Thanks Tregar for the giant reminder. Owing to Ott and the McKenna bros, I've brewed and experienced significant anahuasca teas. Very interestingly, as much personal info as we disseminate re dreaming, the pragmatic nature of the work persists, and always will. Finding strong and effective Chacruna can be daunting! Not amazingly, the unextracted teas seem to be most effective!

Peace

tregar
#6 Posted : 3/5/2018 12:24:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Legarto Rey. Thought would post since the writings were out of print but still a relevant classic with timeless knowledge.

Tatt seemed to have summed it up well back in Dec 2015 when he posted:
Quote:
But experience wise, for me personally, pharma and teas are very different experiences. Pharma for me was always much less of a boot to the face, easier to handle in alot of ways, and supremely beautiful, if the dose is sufficient and set and setting are conducive.

Teas have always been much more thorough, as in the flow the experience takes tends to really sink it's claws in and dig deep, hitting levels within myself that pharma has always seemed to skim (even the earth shattering dosages of pharma). Emotionally and physically, teas have always strung the deeper chords, ime.
In many ways, his comments are similar to what Palmer wrote about above. Peace.

tregar
#7 Posted : 3/17/2018 2:50:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Won't go too much into dream experiences with hawaiian psychotria brew and caapi, but suffice to say the over 55 dream experiences over the years have all been quite similar to the visions you read about in "Antipodes of the Mind" the classic Ayahuasca book by Benny Shanon who also enjoyed over 150 dream experiences with caapi + psychotria only. The UDV, Santo Daime, and Shuar Indian also employ traditional caapi + psychotria only (safe, streamlined, nice & traditional with no emotional or physical weirdness, just pure bliss). To sum it all up: what can be seen is infinite in it's beauty.

Synopsis of procedure in dreams: blend 25 grams of hawaiian psychotria down to tiny pieces, add to pyrex dish and add 1 and 1/4 bottle spring water, boil for 1/2 hour, filter thru a coffee filter made of fine wires (GoldTone Brand Reusable #4 Cone made of super fine wires), then filter thru a cotton ball stuffed into a large clean automotive funnel (changing out the cotton when it clogs), then take the liquid and reduce it down to 2 to 3oz, add caapi, enjoy dream. The extensive filtering (esp the cotton ball) removes any fine muddy sediment that irritates the intestines for a brew that will not cause nausea to the intestines or stomach, as any irritating particles are removed, this however will not get rid of any "brain nausea" that is caused by using too much leaf, so keep leaf amount moderate (not too strong) to avoid that sort of nausea.

Length of dream: 90 minutes of strong activity, that then lowers several notches in intensity for the next hour or so, sleep is easy and peaceful later at night then. What I have seen in dream visions: beautiful naked dancers twirling in front of slowly turning marble pillars, beautifully decorated elephants from India, Egyptian palaces, remote waterfalls on distant islands, all is seen as if newly created and beautiful, words do not even begin to describe the high resolution, color and detail, and immaculate beauty seen with eyes closed or open, and of course music sounds very heavenly and all senses are magnified.

From page 416 "Antipodes of the Mind". These are some of the most commonly seen various content items (the core corpus) that Benny Shannon found that he himself and hundreds of interviewers saw with closed eyes on the Caapi/harmala brews: The use of these plants span many thousands of years of history, back to a time where it was once consumed and revered for its ability to bring someone into contact with spiritual realities, the obtaining of secret inner knowledge, and visionary experiences of a divine world.

Quote:
Super-categories:
Human beings
Natural animals
Phatasmagoria/supernatural
Architecture
Objects
Plants
Personal biography

Categories:
Mammals
Objects of art and magic
Birds
Royal and religious figures
Landscapes
Palaces and temples
Non-natural animals
Heavenly scenes
Reptiles
Divine beings
Cities
Vehicles

Details:
Felines
Waterscapes
Flowers
Objects of gold
Serpents
Processions
Dancing women
Forests
Temples
Semi-divine beings
Royal figures
Enchanted cities
Open landscapes
Palaces
Angels and transparent beings
Gardens
Royal objects

Details:
Serpents
Nymphs
ETs and spaceships
Royal figures
Flowers
Royal objects
Chimera and winged beings
Enchanted cities
Religious figures
Angels and transparent beings
Waterscapes
Objects of gold
Forests
Armoury
Guides and guardians
Felines
Egyptian scenes
Personal acquaintances
ancient civilizations
celestial scenes
creatures and beings
Encounters with the Divine
Sea creatures
Insects
Celestial voyages
Cities
Mythology
Symbols
Heavenly scenes

DR. Naranjo (Chile), DR. Shulgin (USA), and DR. Benny Shanon (psychology professor at Hebrew University) are all 3 famous names associated with the study of the harmalas. DR. Shulgin even made several famous kind comments about Naranjo's work, and Shanon of course references DR. Naranjo extensively in his book "Antipodes of the Mind." published by Oxford University. Another big name is Dr. Callaway who is the father of modern-day Ayahuasca research, along with the great Dennis Mckenna.

Here is a sample of DR. Callaway's & Mckenna's research:

https://catbull.com/alam...in%20aya%20decoction.pdf
Callaway, James C. (June 2005). "Various alkaloid profiles in decoctions of Banisteriopsis caapi" (PDF). Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. 37 (2): 151–5. doi:10.1080/02791072.2005.10399796. ISSN 0279-1072. PMID 16149328. Retrieved 2012-08-10.

https://erowid.org/chemi...ayahuasca_journal3.shtml
Callaway, James C.; McKenna, Dennis; Grob, Charles S.; et al. (June 1999). "Pharmacokinetics of hoasca alkaloids in healthy humans". Journal of Ethnopharmacology. 65 (3): 243–56. doi:10.1016/S0378-8741[98]00168-8. ISSN 0279-1072. PMID 10404423.

Antipodes of the Mind by Prof. Shanon:
https://books.google...ahuasca&f=false

Antipodes of the Mind by Prof. Shanon:
https://books.google.com...%20ayahuasca&f=false
Quote:
Other places seen on Ayahuasca

Lastly, there are places of entertainment. These seem to fall into two main subtypes. One is that of places such as bars and cabarets, often lascivious and somewhat lewd. The other may be characterized as ludic. The frequency of facilities pertaining to amusement parks in the visions is, it seems to me, disproportionately high. Especially noted are carousels and Ferris wheels. Interestingly, a merry-go-round is also mentioned by Naranjo (1973a) in his
experimental study of harmaline.

I too can relate, I've seen a carousel made out of galloping horses melt to the ground while going round and 'round then saw it built back up from the groud up, all in beautiful color, and animated.

Attached: From Ayahuasca artist Pablo Amaringo "The Shaman, the Visions".
pablo.jpg (362kb) downloaded 345 time(s).

starway6
#8 Posted : 3/17/2018 6:02:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tregar wrote:
Thought it would be good to post an updated post on this old topic, drawing from classic old and new literature:

From page 61 of "Ayahuasca Analogues" (1994) by Jonathan Ott:
Quote:
On a 5 point potency scale,

3 = mild trip

Experiment 3 with Ayahuasquero in Equador: 50 psychotria viridis leaves per dose, thrice extracted with water and boiled down to 700ml with caapi. I received about 50ml. The potion was far from delectable and we were all give a piece of ginger to kill the taste. This time there was no question that the potion was powerfully entheogenic. Within a hour I experienced vivid visions and synaesthesia, with a pronounced auditory component. Very euphoric and quite powerful dmt effects lasted for some 2 hours, after which I slept easily and soundly.

Experiment 13 consisted of 188mg harmine hcl (160mg freebase) (2.0mg/kg) with 40mg dmt freebase (0.5mg/kg) mixed together & ingested as a single pharmahuasca capsule. Indeed, this evoked a proportionally stronger dmt effect with first signs evident only 20 minutes after ingesting and the peak attained at 1:30, maintaining a plateau until 2:40, with clearly diminishing effects at the 3 hour point, and no effects at all by the fourth hour. This was a 3 on a scale of 1 to 5, representing a "mild trip."

Experiment 20 consisted of 188mg harmine hcl (160mg freebase) (2.0mg/kg) with 50mg dmt freebase (0.63mg/kg) mixed together & ingested as a single gelatin pharmahuasca capsule. This was between a "3" and a "4" on a scale of 1 to 5. It was between a mild and moderately strong trip.

Experiment 21 consisted of 188mg harmine hcl (160mg freebase) (2.0mg/kg) with 60mg dmt freebase (0.75mg/kg) mixed together & ingested as a single gelatin pharmahuasca capsule. This represented a "4" on a scale of 1 to 5. It was a moderately-strong trip.
His book is rare to find and retails for over two hundred dollars from book collectors, but read back when it was in print.

http://ibogaine.mindvox....ahuasca-vinho-da-jurema/
hxxp://ibogaine.mindvox.com/articles/pharmahuasca-anahuasca-vinho-da-jurema/

In 1997 he wrote (from above link):
Quote:
I have tested doses as high as 160 mg DMT [2.0 mg/kgl, experiencing progressively more intense psychotropic effects, but always with the same approximate pharmacodynamics, quite similar to what I have enjoyed with genuine Amazonian ayahuasca potions in Brasil, Ecuador and Perú:

– 45 minutes to an hour incubation period; the effects quickly building to a peak by 1: 15 and maintaining a plateau for 45 minutes to an hour; followed by about an hour of diminishing effects; the experience usually all but over around the 3 hour point.

In no case have I ever experienced nausea in pharmahuasca experiments, although I have weathered nausea and episodes of vomiting provoked by genuine ayahuasca in Amazonia.

In any case, I generally eat little or nothing on the day of ingestion.

During the experimental series, I always allowed roughly a minimum of a week to elapse between the individual experiments.

From "Articulations, On the Utilisation and Meanings of Psychedelics" (2015) by Julian Palmer:
Quote:
Modern day researchers, spearheaded by people such as myself, have realized that Jonathan Ott's calculations fall short of what most explorers need for a truly visionary experience. Even with a strong harmine/Banisteriopsis caapi dosage, 30-60mg of dmt is not sufficient to produce significant visionary effects in most people. So if fact, a dosage of 30-40mg of dmt is where tryptamine-like effects just begin to occur for most people, and 10-25mg dmt is not really noticeable above the gentle psychoactive effects of the harmine.

Each person is different and for some rare individuals, 30-40mg may be about as much dmt as they wish to take--but most people need at least 60-80mg for sufficient psychoactive effects and even at this dosage, you generally cannot expect a full-blown visionary experience, even when using a strong dose of 4 grams of syrian rue or 100 grams of strong caapi vine. Also, it should be pointed out that going beyond 4 grams of syrian rue (around 200-280mg of harmaline) or 100 grams of strong caapi vine (150--250mg of harmine) can increase the negative effects of these beta-carbolines--which include a feeling of heaviness, pressure in the head, inability to walk properly, more purging and perhaps more of an emphasis on bodily processes.

An oral dosage of 100mg of dmt is where the visionary qualities really begin to occur, for most people say when they are taking 3 grams of syrian rue or 80 grams of strong vine, and in context, 40-60 grams of strong vine is enough to fully mao inhibit most people.

I would say to neophyte explorers to tread carefully, and to slowly increase your dmt dosage in increments: perhaps starting at 60mg, going to 100mg, then 150mg. Some people are going to find 100mg of dmt to be exceedingly strong, and it will perhaps give them an experience they did not feel ready for.

It came to my attention after an embarrassing number of years, that taking freebase crystal DMT orally was not as potent, colourful, or clear as taking the equivalent amount of DMT in a tea that was brewed from the plant. For many years, I couldn't see how there could be a difference, but after doing some comparisons, it was obvious that the tea was much better, and the experiences resulting from the crystalline extract were inferior.

You could take twice or even three times as much DMT crystal as the equivalent in brew, and the experience from the crystal would never be as bright or full as that from the tea. Why could this be?

With extracted dmt, with chemicals used it would appear that some dimensions and qualities of the tryptamine molecules are compromised. Also, there is the factor of isolating the alkaloids from the rest of the plant. For example, there are very few people who say that extracted pure mescaline from the cactus is as potent of full bodied compared to when they take the tea made from the cactus flesh.

When making a tea from the whole plant, you are extracting the essence of the plant intelligence from its very flesh, not just isolating the alkaloids. In the alchemic method "Spagyrics" developed by Paracelsus, often considered the father of modern medicine, the ashes of the plant are commonly burnt and then blended back into an alcohol-extracted tincture. Friends who have experimented with this procedure report that a Spagyric tincture of Ayahuasca is much more potent than a normal tea prepared from the same amount of Ayahuasca vine.

A sample experiment from "Ayahuasca Analogues" page 58:

I like the way you mixed everything neatly in one capsule...Thumbs up

Did you experiance any naseua taking the combo this way?????/?

I think i can use my rue freebase powder and dropper on some acacia tincture in a shot glass ..alowing the grain alcohol to evaporate.. then add some orange juice and mix..

Is it rue that contains .. [[harmine?]] ir is it harmaline?

tregar
#9 Posted : 3/18/2018 11:24:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for comments Starway6, those comments are all from author Jonathan Ott, yes he did write that he mixed everything into one capsule.

Ott said:
Quote:

ShamensStamen
#10 Posted : 3/18/2018 7:20:27 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Obviously he didn't take enough Harmalas if he didn't get nauseous or vomit from Harmalas/Pharmahuasca.

tregar
#11 Posted : 4/5/2018 2:58:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ott said in his writings that he was a low mao subtype and used the minimum amount of harmalas, perhaps this accounted for his reports of no nausea.

p.s. Read a report from a poster from years back who in dreams swallowed an Ayahuasca capsule, followed by 1/2 can or 4oz of warmed up soda (to about the warmness of a hot cup of tea or coffee) reported better digestion & increased strength and boot to the system due to the phosphoric acid in the soda + heat of beverage allowing for a better absorption/digestion of the capsule in the system when hitting the 0.5% or less hcl filled stomach. The poster reported only using that method from there on after the discovery.

spakk
#12 Posted : 6/24/2018 10:56:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Greetings tregar. I've enjoyed the creativity and detail of your posts for some time. One thing that eludes me is the caapi portion of your dreams. There are many mentions of the hawaiian psychotria preparation process, but when it comes to the caapi, it simply says, 'add caapi.' Your dreams sound so wonderful that I'm quite anxious to hear that missing piece of the puzzle. Would you be so kind as to enlighten me?

Thanks

tregar
#13 Posted : 6/25/2018 8:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for question spakk. My entire life I've only dreamed of caapi extracts, as there are a multitude of them, everything from resin to liquid to dry.

In fact, I clearly recall my very first experience with caapi extract some 15 years ago. I dreamed a very large amount of caapi extract only with nothing else, I was some what sea sick and could not move around much, then I closed my eyes, in green monochrome I saw a ship on the ocean, then a garden trellis with beautiful flowers, then a beautiful woman from the medieval period searching for a ring she had lost, I saw many other scenes one after another as if I was peering into what was really happening past, present, even future, traveling vast distances through time and space. Mysterious tea just as the UDV calls it, indeed. She taught me alot that afternoon.

In the beginning days, I learned as much as I could from sync and meteor, who were both my mentors. Meteor has passed on sadly. Meteor suffered from severe depression, and the Aya cured him 100%. Reading their dreams impressed me and inspired me to dream on my own and filter really well using the techniques that sync taught. I elaborated on sync's method by replacing the hand powered vacuum pump he used to use to filer his Aya with a simple cotton ball in a funnel instead. Works just as well and quicker. Filtering is key to avoiding intestinal/stomach nausea.

chocobeastie
#14 Posted : 4/3/2019 10:08:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ott's work is straight out misleading in many respects regarding his rigidity in determining a baseline dosage which is far too low, here is one example of why.

In "Ayauasca Analogues" he states that Acacia Phlebophylla contains 0.3% DMT and so that 20g of Phyllodes would contain 60mg of DMT.

Yes, that would be correct IF it did reliably contain 0.3% DMT.

Before the fires of the early noughts, most people were getting close to 1% DMT from the Phlebophylla, so 20g would give 200mg DMT. 25-30g I found too strong, which makes sense considering it was 250-300mg!

These days it contains around 0.6-0.7% DMT, and the few people I know who brew it are using perhaps 30-50g per person.