We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reuse lye solution left from Harmala alkaloid extraction Options

httpwww860860
#1 Posted : 2/24/2018 4:04:57 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi,
I boiled Syrian Rue Seeds tea and based it. After freebase filtered, the lye solution left in the container. And I was thinking could I boil the Syrian Rue Seeds tea with the lye solution on my next run? Anyone tried it before? Will the Harmala freebase still precipitate?
Thanks.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Drowning-man
#2 Posted : 2/24/2018 8:24:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Boil seeds in lye solution? Don't see how it would help extract actives, since freebase harmalas arnt particularly water soluble.
Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. REVELATIONS 22:1-2(Holy Bible)

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 2/24/2018 9:22:23 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Even for post-brew basing it'll be nigh on useless. The lye solution will be used up, at least partially. That's how it does its job. It's also become much more dilute on mixing with the rue brew so there's scarcely any justification for reusing it just to save a couple of cents.

And yeah, you wouldn't want to be boiling your seeds in (weakly) alkaline solution anyhow.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli