We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Which part of this agar should be transferred? Options

ThirdEyeDragonfly
#1 Posted : 2/21/2018 12:30:19 PM

I know nothing, I'm just sitting here looking at pretty colors.

3 agar plates were inoculated 2.5 weeks ago, so far only one of the plates has growth. In the agar plate pictured, there's a white fluffy ball near the edge of the plate (initial inoculation point) and a strange, opaque, mycelium-like growth around it. It's colored differently and is surely not as dense as the fluffy white stuff, but still seems to be mushroom mycelium. The white ball showed up after one week of incubation and its growth has been steadily declining, however the opaque stuff around it has been proliferating since first signs of growth.

Is this plate healthy? Which part of this plate (opaque/white/both/or none) should be transferred to a fresh plate?

ThirdEyeDragonfly attached the following image(s):
thumbnail.jpg (49kb) downloaded 70 time(s).

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

sauSage
#2 Posted : 2/21/2018 10:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

ThirdEyeDragonfly wrote:
Is this plate healthy? Which part of this plate (opaque/white/both/or none) should be transferred to a fresh plate?

impossible to tell - need a clearer picture.
"The brain is a reducing valve that restricts consciousness" - A Huxley

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" โ€“ Ralph Waldo Emersonโ€ฆ

"Whatever you study you also change" - Heisenberg Uncertainty principle

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 2/21/2018 10:57:28 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Looks a bit feeble if you ask me. Try leaving it another week, see if it toughens up.

โ€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
โ€• Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

Rick Sanchez
#4 Posted : 2/22/2018 1:12:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you only have a quarter sized growth after 2.5 weeks, something is wrong. Transfer the largest, most dramas section of thizomorphoc growth that you can
Rick Sanchez is a fictional character. Anything said by Rick Sanchez is not representative of any real life events whatsoever.All posts should be regarded as fictional occurrences in imaginary dimensions.

Everything exists some of the time but nothing exists all the time.

ThirdEyeDragonfly
#5 Posted : 2/22/2018 12:20:15 PM

I know nothing, I'm just sitting here looking at pretty colors.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll let it go for a little while longer and see if any rhizomorphic growth pops up before I do another transfer.