We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Mysterious acacia tolerance Options

OneIsEros
#1 Posted : 2/20/2018 12:29:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If this is the wrong place to post, I apologize, I'm not too familiar with this place.

6 weeks ago, I had a remarkable ayahuasca experience. Content is not important. It was powerful - very powerful. 10 grams of acacia cold extracted and boiled to reduce, with 4 grams of syrian rue boiled, with the liquids combined into a brew.

From the same batch (made multiple doses with it) I did the brew again the following week. Powerful - but not as powerful.

The week after, a mere buzz.

Though ayahuasca and DMT are known for the lack of physiological tolerance they produce, I thought that perhaps I had developed a tolerance to some unknown alkaloids in the brew, even though online reports suggest this should not have been an issue. I waited three weeks, and made a new brew, the same as before.

I got the exact same result I did with the third trip - a little buzzed, nothing more. In fact, I made this brew stronger - I used 12.5 grams of acacia this time.

I am baffled. I am going to try a boiled rather than cold extracted brew with 15 grams two days from now - if that doesn't work, the only thing I will be able to conclude is that for some reason, apparently not related to physiological tolerance, ayahuasca has closed its gates to me.

Has anyone here heard of anything like this? For the record, vaporized DMT remains full strength.

My instinct is telling me there's some sort of psyche issue, rather than physical variable, at play.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

ShamensStamen
#2 Posted : 2/20/2018 4:56:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Definitely not a tolerance, i took Rue and Acacia daily/near daily/regularly for roughly 4 years, always worked fine. Your issue is probably that you need to separate the two plants instead of combining them because combining them can be inconsistent and not work sometimes (which is actually pretty common in the Ayahuasca groups). Separate the two plants, take the Rue, then about 10 to 15, maybe 20 minutes later take the Acacia. I usually use Rue seed powder or extract encapsulated rather than tea, capsules inhibit gut MAO-A for longer and has always been pretty consistent for me. With combined plants, the effects of the Rue/Harmalas should still be there but sometimes the DMT will get broken down too quickly before MAO-A has a chance to be fully inhibited.

If that's not it, then you're not brewing something fully enough, which if the Acacia CWE worked well for you the 1st time, chances are it's the Rue. I strongly advise you get the Rue dosage down right and properly brewed (or encapsulated), before adjusting your Acacia/Mimosa/DMT dosage, because without proper MAO-A inhibition from the Rue/Harmalas, you could be having to take a pretty strong dosage of Acacia which would otherwise be completely overwhelming with adequate MAO-A inhibition.

When separating the plants, especially in tea form, it's vital to experiment around and find the right timing after the Harmalas to take the DMT-containing plant. Using Harmalas in capsule form i've always taken my Acacia/Mimosa 30 minutes to an hour afterwards. With teas though the MAO-A inhibition is shorter in duration and so gut MAO-A doesn't remain inhibited for long, probably under 30 minutes, so i say perhaps 10 to 15 minutes might do fine.

OneIsEros
#3 Posted : 2/21/2018 2:50:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'll give it a shot, thanks. Will report what I experience.

Hector
#4 Posted : 2/21/2018 5:29:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always mix the rue and acacia into the same brew and have had visionary experiences that way. I would consider experimenting with the rue dosage. You can raise it as high as 8 grams without worrying about toxicity. I would caution you to raise the harmala dosage incrementally. Harmalas and DMT make me extremely tired so dosing multiple times is not usually practical for me. Also, tolerances to DMT vary considerably. I have a fairly high tolerance to DMT. Since ayahuasca analogues have a reverse tolerance I would suspect that your extractions are not consistent. I have had very little success with CWE so I would advise that you just brew it up normally.
"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline towards the religion of solitude" Aldous Huxley

OneIsEros
#5 Posted : 2/27/2018 4:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm waiting for another week on another cold water extraction, and will try 4 grams syrian brewed followed by the acacia CWE ten minutes later. If that doesn't work, I'll try boiling the acacia.

How do you personally boil your acacia?

OneIsEros
#6 Posted : 3/7/2018 2:09:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I prepared a 4 gram syrian rue brew and drank it followed 7 minutes later by a 10 gram acacia cold water extraction. Worked like a charm.

So, the issue before was either combining the harmala with the acacia, or, having boiled the acacia to reduce destroyed the alkaloids (unlikely the latter, because the same batch of the brew had worked perfectly before).

The issue was almost definitely combining the rue with the acacia, never again. Thanks all!