We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Heart Beating Out of Chest Options

DisEmboDied
#1 Posted : 2/14/2018 2:28:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I once did a whole water bottle full of D (before the GVG), and there were no visuals, just felt that my heart was beating out of my chest and that I was on the verge on a heart attack. I tried to meditate and chill, and slow myself down, which worked a tiny bit, but to no avail. I tried to rest and peer past the veil to see visuals, but there were none, just a panic/heart attack.

That was years ago, and even though I have done DMT many times after, I still never forget that experience and it really makes me think twice. I am not overweight, unhealthy, in my 30s, very physically active.

IDK, has this happened to anyone else? I wonder WTF

I bet it is possible to die from smoking DMT from a heart attack, especially if one is old or has a bad heart or the like.

Doesn't stop me permanently, but still sucks at that thought.

What do you think?

Thanks my beautiful human beings!
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

urtica
#2 Posted : 2/14/2018 3:50:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It certainly increases heart rate & blood pressure.

I have heard of an older lady who had a stroke from smoking DMT. I have never heard of a heart attack but it certainly seems possible.
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Spiralout
#3 Posted : 2/14/2018 4:01:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure there was a thread on here about some similar complication and corpus callosum chimed in on it; maybe someone else remembers the thread...

#4 Posted : 2/14/2018 8:05:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Quote:
That was years ago, and even though I have done DMT many times after, I still never forget that experience and it really makes me think twice. I am now overweight, unhealthy, in my 30s, very physically active.

Very physically active though you're unhealthy and overweight? Wut? Sorry if I'm not understanding something.

Kind've goes without saying ..maybe you should into making some lifestyle changes, learn how to clean up your diet and maybe some sort of easy workout routine to start? Exercise can be free also, doesn't have to cost anything. One of the best things you can do for your body and mind, not to mention your heart and cardiovascular system [the studies are endless].

Just saying that if you're worried about some sort of complication with the heart, then no better way/s to confront it then what I mentioned above.

Probably just howling into the wind here, but oh well, my 2c.

JP
#5 Posted : 2/14/2018 8:17:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

urtica wrote:
I have heard of an older lady who had a stroke from smoking DMT.

This is "death by astonishment", literally. I have always thought of it as this, if you would be worried a person would thrown a clot or something of this nature, from excitement, DMT should be avoided.
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

DisEmboDied
#6 Posted : 2/14/2018 3:49:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I changed it from now, to not, which is what I meant, sorry...
Meditate before you venture, take it seriously, use it as medicinal—it is good psychotherapy if needed. Realize that you, the Earth, others, and the Universe are all one and the same process. Then take that knowledge back to become, as you already are, one with nature. Eternity in every moment. Divinity in every particle. All is one organism.

Northerner
#7 Posted : 2/14/2018 7:07:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My heart thumps when I use spice too. I thought that was normal.

It freaked me out at first... but there doesn't appear to be any persistent effect nor pain.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

starway6
#8 Posted : 2/14/2018 10:11:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My heart seldom beats that fast on spice...but the spice i use is Acacia usualy with some NMT in it...

Also .my Acacia doses are not huge.. as my come up is gentle and i feel super relaxed...

But acacia can be brutal on the come up if the vaped dose is high enough...

If you are smoking straight mimosa spice that my be why..

Mix it with changa and tame it some so the come up isnt as fast...

Northerner
#9 Posted : 2/15/2018 1:32:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I only use acacia goo as changa... too humid for xtal here and mimosa doesn't really exist in this country.

I don't do baby doses though. I'm "all in" when playing the hyperspace game.

Thinking about it more now, my heart doesn't race every time. But sometimes... if a breakthrough scares me or I'm not properly prepared some other way. Sometimes death experiences (fortunately not too often) or some other oddity can get me excited, which definitely raises the pulse.

On my last journey it was during the day. Once I got under way I could hear all these voices out in my house, breaking glass and crashing about and other sounds going on. There was no way I could get up to go investigate, I had to just tell myself it wasn't real and that if it is real I can't deal with it right at this moment anyway. When I came out of the room a bit later the house was silent and no one was there, of course. That one got the pulse going.
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

Elrik
#10 Posted : 2/15/2018 10:57:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
..maybe you should into making some lifestyle changes, learn how to clean up your diet and maybe some sort of easy workout routine to start? Exercise can be free also, doesn't have to cost anything.

I'd agree that this may be worth serious consideration.
I was very unhealthy in my high school and college years, to the point that psychedelics pleaded with me to change my ways so consistently that I stopped using them for years. When I restarted psychedelics to learn from major life events they gave me the same message stronger than ever, and I finally listened and did intensive work to cure my cardiovascular disease and other problems. I feel amazing now, I'm perfectly healthy for the first time in my life, and I have loads of stamina. To drive the lesson home, once I had cured myself an old school friend who had the exact same lifestyle I used to have was crippled by a stroke. I was that close.
If psychedelics are telling you to take better care of your health, listen.

Dogbark
#11 Posted : 2/16/2018 10:21:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My theory is that DMT can cause panic attacks which in turn increase heart rate and blood pressure. At least thats what i observed.

#12 Posted : 2/16/2018 11:41:03 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Also, I just wanted to say that the increased heart rate has always happened with me, then again for me it can be one of those things that if you end up putting more of your attention on the fact that your heart beat has picked up pace, and being in that highly attuned state right as the initial effects start [before reality dissolves into hyperspace] - just the act of focusing/putting more attention on this aspect - imho you can really begin to believe that your heart rate is through the roof or incredibly elevated to extreme levels, when in actuality it only became slightly elevated. I believe I've read that the heart rate increase is similar to if you made haste up a flight of stairs or something similar. Actually read that here somewhere.. don't remember where..

Aside from the outliers - as you said - old, out of shape, cardiovascular issues, etc, though even in a few of those instances of being outliers - I'd bet that with some of those there'd be little to no issue in terms of being a life/death situation. I could be wrong, but I'm leaning on the likelihood of there being a pretty low probability of serious issues [especially if said person/s take some necessary precautions]. Just my opinions <3

skoobysnax
#13 Posted : 2/19/2018 5:25:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I posted this https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=78571 because I have had the same issue to the point I almost quit. This technique always works for me. Also note if caffiene may be involved. For me the 2 do not mix well.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?