We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
B. Caapi leaf extraction dry or fresh? Options

Timentimeagain
#1 Posted : 2/17/2018 4:00:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello so i have a b.caapi plant and im about to do a extraction with the boiling water method. Im just wondering if my leafs im using must be Dry or Fresh..?
Thanks would be awesome to hear back soon Smile

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ambergris
#2 Posted : 2/17/2018 5:35:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I dont think it matters just account for the water weight the leaves lose.

Timentimeagain
#3 Posted : 2/17/2018 6:51:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i get you, but when they say they are doing a x10 enriched caapi leaf would that be 10g dry or wet..?
Im going to extract caapi leaf and do a 1 caapi 1 dmt to 1g smokable herb mix

Timentimeagain
#4 Posted : 2/17/2018 9:38:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Ambergris wrote:

When they talk about doing a x10 enriched caapi leaf is that 10g of wet or 10g of dry for 1gram of dmt?

Lumina
#5 Posted : 2/17/2018 3:37:44 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ambergris wrote:

It does matter actually. Dry leaf is better than fresh. Reason being that fresh leaf still packs some amount of chlorophyl.

Lumina
#6 Posted : 2/17/2018 3:49:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Timentimeagain wrote:
Ambergris wrote:

When they talk about doing a x10 enriched caapi leaf is that 10g of wet or 10g of dry for 1gram of dmt?

Enriched Caapi leaf is done with dry leaf, and also you are supposed to take the crude Caapi leaf extract and use it further to enrich more dried Caapi leaf with it (fresh as in plain/un infused/not enriched but dry).

Hopefully in the above quotes there is a typo. If not then know that enriching 10g of Caapi leaf with 1g of Dmt will not be an effective way to make enhanced leaf and you might need to read more on the forum to clarify a bit what you are actually trying to accomplish. Please do so. It’s worth every bit of information in that respect.

Timentimeagain
#7 Posted : 2/17/2018 9:53:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lumina wrote:
Timentimeagain wrote:
Ambergris wrote:

Enriched Caapi leaf is done with dry leaf, and also you are supposed to take the crude Caapi leaf extract and use it further to enrich more dried Caapi leaf with it (fresh as in plain/un infused/not enriched but dry).

Hopefully in the above quotes there is a typo. If not then know that enriching 10g of Caapi leaf with 1g of Dmt will not be an effective way to make enhanced leaf and you might need to read more on the forum to clarify a bit what you are actually trying to accomplish. Please do so. It’s worth every bit of information in that respect.

Thanks i thought it should be dry, this is the post i am going off..
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=46839
at this stage I'm going of doing a extraction with 10g of dried caapi, evaporating it and scraping up the harmless.
This stage I'm unsure. Do i dissolve the harmless and .8g of dmt in IPA and pore that on 1g of a smokable herb mix I've made up?
So harmalas from 10g leaf with .8g of dmt into 1g of smokeable mix..? or should i enrich 1g of caapi leaf?
So .8g dmt into 1g enriched leaf with 1g of smokable mix..?
Leaving me with my final product once all evaporated and cured?

Lumina
#8 Posted : 2/17/2018 10:16:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Timentimeagain wrote:
Lumina wrote:
Timentimeagain wrote:
Ambergris wrote:

at this stage I'm going of doing a extraction with 10g of dried caapi, evaporating it and scraping up the harmless.
This stage I'm unsure. Do i dissolve the harmless and .8g of dmt in IPA and pore that on 1g of a smokable herb mix I've made up?
So harmalas from 10g leaf with .8g of dmt into 1g of smokeable mix..? or should i enrich 1g of caapi leaf?

You want to first enrich the Caapi and let it dry. Weigh your resulting product as this usually ends up being more than just 1g. Take from that your desired weighed amount and use that to infuse your dmt on it. So that would be 1g enriched Caapi + .8 dmt.

Timentimeagain
#9 Posted : 2/17/2018 11:29:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Lumina wrote:
Timentimeagain wrote:
Lumina wrote:
Timentimeagain wrote:
Ambergris wrote:

You want to first enrich the Caapi and let it dry. Weigh your resulting product as this usually ends up being more than just 1g. Take from that your desired weighed amount and use that to infuse your dmt on it. So that would be 1g enriched Caapi + .8 dmt.

cool I'm with you now. but i wanted to use my own herb mix, lavender, lemon balm and spearmint.
Would i just add my 1 gram mix (instead of 1g caapi leaf) to the water and evaporate and dry it out. So 1g enriched herb mix + .8 dmt.
or would i not add any leaf to the mix and just evaporate and scrape out the harmless to add to the final mix?

Lumina
#10 Posted : 2/18/2018 10:13:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

From here on you can start being creative, yes. You could enrich either your herb mix or more Caapi leaf. Or you could dry out the crude Caapi leaf resulting extract, dissolve in solvent of choice, infuse further as you like. The benefit of enriching or infusing into more Caapi is that more harmalas are being added to the mix. Either way, for your end result to be effective, the blend should hold anywhere in between 25-50% dmt.

Edit:

Note that if you will be evaporating the Caapi sludge down onto herbs/leaf, the resulting mix will be somewhat sticky in the end, but that’s normal.

Timentimeagain
#11 Posted : 2/19/2018 1:38:14 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Lumina wrote:
From here on you can start being creative, yes. You could enrich either your herb mix or more Caapi leaf. Or you could dry out the crude Caapi leaf resulting extract, dissolve in solvent of choice, infuse further as you like. The benefit of enriching or infusing into more Caapi is that more harmalas are being added to the mix. Either way, for your end result to be effective, the blend should hold anywhere in between 25-50% dmt.

Edit:

Note that if you will be evaporating the Caapi sludge down onto herbs/leaf, the resulting mix will be somewhat sticky in the end, but that’s normal.

Awesome thanks for the info, i might enrich .5g herb mix and .5g dried caapi.
When you say its alittle sticky, could i avoid that with extra drying or curing? Smile