We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Autism and DMT Options

Kajlian
#21 Posted : 2/17/2018 12:53:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yayscience wrote:
I think it would be extremely interesting to compare subjective accounts of DMT trips of autistic individuals vs. non-autistic individuals on a large scale. I'm particularly curious if any significant differences would occur in the area of the "elves" that are so often described by DMT initiates. I have a theory that these elves reflect the part of the mind devoted to perceiving other conscious entities, something autism apparently inhibits (forgive me if this is a vast oversimplification).

Thoughts?

I am diagnosed with high functioning autism.
Regarding the elves, I have never seen them in any of my dmt experiences, what I find most interesting however is that most of my difficulties with social interaction have been VERY reduced after my dmt experiences.
If we create purpose, purpose exists, and by existing, we've created purpose.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

oceanman
#22 Posted : 2/20/2018 3:01:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I'm not diagnosed but I suspect to have a mild form of Asperger's mainly because of being 'off'and not reading a 'vibe' when it comes to social situations(teenage years was an absolute nightmare)and fairly limited interests-from the young age I was obsessed with computers and video games,thankfully my horizon has expanded a little bit when I discovered anime and movies and now I entered a phase where I'm pretty much obsessed with hallucinogens.

At first I discovered how I was little bit 'hardheaded' when it comes to psychedelics-a 250ug dose of LSD would feel to me how people usually describe their 100ug experiences and DMT would only last me a few minutes with random geometrical CEV's that didn't seem to have any meaning and lacked profoundness that many people described.That was until I tried shrooms,it seemed to have aleviated some of my symptoms after that one first magical experience.

I also found out how strongly harmalas potentiate psychedelics.When I first tried Ayahuasca analouge(Syrian Rue and MHRB) I used 3g of Syrian Rue and 7g of MHRB and was floored,it was so powerful,in fact,a bit too much for the first time.(Maybe my MAO enzymes are a bit overreactive?)Now i never smoke DMT without preloading with harmalas and would get an experience that people typically describe when smoking DMT,but without an entity contact I would get various geometric shapes morphing into bizzare faces but never felt any contact.

The closest I was to an 'entity contact' would probably be when I tried to smoke DMT when I was peaking on acid but when I tried to take the second hit the lighter went out.I started searching for the spare lighter that I knew for the fact was in my drawer and then with my eyes closed I saw a clown face made out of these green lines that was mocking me,I couldn't find the ligher and gave up on search then the next day came and I found the lighter in my drawer and it was in clear sight Confused

DmnStr8
#23 Posted : 2/21/2018 10:56:38 PM

Come what may

If you have met one person with Autism, you have met one person with Autism.
"In the universe there is an immeasurable, indescribable force which shamans call intent, and absolutely everything that exists in the entire cosmos is attached to intent by a connecting link." ~Carlos Castaneda

BenW91NE
#24 Posted : 6/16/2019 3:24:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have diagnosed autism of the Asperger variety. in my experience
LSA- No problem
Magic shrooms no problem
oral DMT can be rough to start but while on it I turn into Sherlock Holmes, able to analytically think through almost anything from a dozen diffrent perspectives, also has very little effect on my motor skills, able to easily walk around.
DMT smoked SENSORY OVERLOAD TO MUCH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

0_o
#25 Posted : 6/16/2019 3:52:01 PM

ⁿ°ⁿ↔ρ└ªγ³r κhªrªκτ³r

I'm professionally diagnosed as high functioning autistic.
My psychedelic experiences are pretty consistent with those of the majority of people I know.

Cactus Man
#26 Posted : 6/16/2019 7:26:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sadly autism is one of many labels which is severely abused and mistreated by the modern medical field.

Doubly sadly autism is also something which lies in a broad-stroke spectrum which brings the definition of it into an even deeper level of common conflation and misunderstanding.

Triple sadly autism has been used as a misnomer to describe a variety of thinking and behavior outside the medical field.

Other than that im sure that a wide spectrum of many autistic people have used it.

Has that been run through any double blind trials though is going to be the "kick in the balls" question that the FDA will demand to know to actually implement any genuine medical evidence which could even begin to explore this subject, and sadly the answer is "no".

viathan
#27 Posted : 6/20/2019 9:30:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I recall that PsychedSubstance has a video about this topic. I haven't watched it yet, jut noticed it a few times in my recommendations.

If it's censored on youtube you can find the uncensored version on his site.

Dan_J
#28 Posted : 7/27/2019 11:16:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

found this thread pretty interesting, so figured i'd add some more info I've stumbled across on a search.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih...pmc/articles/PMC6370651/

Quote:
Identification of the biological features of autism is essential for designing an efficient treatment and for prevention of the disorder. Though the subject of extensive research, the neurophysiological features of autism remain unclear. One of the proposed biological causes of autism is malfunction of the pineal gland and deficiency of its principal hormone, melatonin. The main function of melatonin is to link and synchronize the body's homeostasis processes to the circadian and seasonal rhythms, and to regulate the sleep-wake cycle. Therefore, pineal dysfunction has been implicated based on the common observation of low melatonin levels and sleep disorders associated with autism. In this perspective, we highlight several recent findings that support the hypothesis of pineal gland/melatonin involvement in autism. Another common symptom of autism is abnormal neuroplasticity, such as cortical overgrowth and dendritic spine dysgenesis. Here, we synthesize recent information and speculate on the possibility that this abnormal neuroplasticity is caused by hyperactivity of endogenous N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT). The pineal gland was proposed as the source of DMT in the brain and therefore, our assumption is that besides melatonin deficiency, pineal dysfunction might also play a part in the development of autism through abnormal metabolism of DMT. We hope that this manuscript will encourage future research of the DMT hypothesis and reexamination of several observations that were previously attributed to other factors, to see if they could be related to pineal gland/melatonin malfunction. Such research could contribute to the development of autism treatment by exogenous melatonin and monitored light exposure.........................

Seeingisbelieving
#29 Posted : 4/25/2021 1:50:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

JefFlux
#30 Posted : 4/25/2021 5:20:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi yayscience,

you may be interested in a new Facebook group focussed on autism and psychedelics: https://www.facebook.com/autisticpsychedelic

cheers,

Flux

Ovidiu
#31 Posted : 7/13/2021 4:31:22 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello

Here is our research on the connection between autism and endogenous DMT:
https://www.consciousnes...pre-conscious-awareness/

From - Field observations and hypotheses

3. Sometimes the density of the autistic inner experience is very similar to the high-density energy experiences known as kundalini activation, or to the experiences generated by the DMT molecule (as experienced in energy-spikes during ayahuasca experiences).

7. We hypothesize that individuals on the autism spectrum may have a higher natural (endogenous) DMT production in the body, as compared to the neurotypical individuals, or they may have a different rhythmic patterning more similar to the synesthetic individuals.

Please see more details on the comments for these observations, at the link above.
Hugs

Ovidiu

bismillah
#32 Posted : 7/13/2021 4:57:48 PM

My Personalized Tag

Didn't Eric Andre cure an autistic girl with LSD?

When I was younger, I and many others thought I had autism. I definitely showed many of the hallmarks of it. Nowadays my personality has changed quite a bit and I do not believe I have autism. That said, psychedelics have been helping me overcome a lot of the strange thought patterns and idiosyncrasies that made me so strange as a child. I wonder what effect it would have on someone who has been diagnosed with the disorder.
I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want a clever signature.

dithyramb
#33 Posted : 7/13/2021 8:32:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Asperger's syndrome is no longer an official diagnosis, so I must have roughly level 1 autism with the new terminology. I appear normal to most but I know I am not normal/typical. Social interaction is a big deal for me, I am hypersensitive.

Entity contact as described by others (full on conversations with "elves"/"fairies" etc I can say I have never experienced. I recognize entities, and there can be some primal exchange and that's it. I recognized "bad demons" a few times and did my best to ignore them and drive them away. I can connect to and download information from animal and plant spirits.

All that being said, I probably ingest lower tryptamine doses than the average around here. Back when I was using acacia confusa, 3g was very strong and I rarely exceeded it.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

jamie
#34 Posted : 7/13/2021 11:33:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Autism and aspergers seem to have some connection to neuroinflammation...and it might even be auto immune.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31029798/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15546805/
https://www.autism.org/i...-system-function-autism/
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41398-020-00976-2

I think I have aspergers, as I have an auto immune disease which is correlated to some degree with autism spectrum. I have really bad anxiety and the physician I was seeing for the auto immune issues felt it was something more like aspergers and connected to the auto immune disease. I never bothered with diagnosis past that. I am nearly 40 and have to live with it either way.

I have 2 fully autistic cousins, low functioning...so I can assure anyone unfamiliar there is a HUGE spectrum at play here. I have a friend diagnosed aspergers and people constantly tell him that he could not be autistic. People are not always well informed.

The ammount of research you can pull up on the link between autism, auto immunity and neuro-inflammation is rediculous. I don't know why it is not more discussed.

Sorry I went off topic from DMT...I am not really sure where DMT fits in. Perhaps there could be higher levels of certain neurochemicals due to inflammation?

another interesting one..
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6965077/

In terms of me tripping? Most people wont believe how sensitive I am to these things. Half a gram of dry golden teachers and I am having strong visions already. My gf is much smaller and needs to eat more. It is what it is. I am a cheap drunk too if that counts.

For real though I need to be careful. I think I have almost unhealthy sensitivity to most psychoactives except cannabis because I smoke it daily.
Long live the unwoke.

Vangoghdream
#35 Posted : 7/14/2021 1:35:45 AM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Autism Spectrum Disorder

We know next to nothing about this spectrum. I feel there are many more undiagnosed people within the spectrum, many learning to assimilate into our world so much as to be considered off the spectrum. Many more go undiagnosed and go through life never understanding why they experience the world the way they do. For those not on the spectrum it would be impossible to explain he difference in thinking. I feel it is an experience and it is a unique way to perceive this world. We on the spectrum are everywhere and we have made some major contributions to the world. We have to constantly navigate a world that is not at all designed for someone on the spectrum. Life can get pretty difficult for some of us at certain times. I like the conversation and enjoy the awareness so I decided to join in here.

I myself, like Jamie, am very sensitive to psychoactives, with the exception of marijuana, which I am a daily smoker as well. The one thing I have noticed is that I seem to feel more at peace and at home on psychedelics. Sure I have had difficult trips in the past, I think anyone who travels with psychedelics is bound to at some point, but the overall feeling I get when I do psychedelics is overwhelmingly positive for me. I would add that these positive affects continue sometimes for months after a good trip. Micro dosing mushrooms by far has had the most profound influence on me being a proponent for Autism and Psychedelics. I feel I would be lost far more than I am now were it not for my experiences with psychedelics.

I feel that because I experience the world in a much different way than a neuro-typical that I would certainly experience DMT differently as well. Perspective is everything in some cases. The autism spectrum disorder perspective is unique, wonderful, gifted and beautiful! To all the Aspies out there... I love you guys! Just be you!! Just the way you are!!

Spice Cadet
#36 Posted : 7/14/2021 4:31:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dithyramb wrote:
I appear normal to most but I know I am not normal/typical. Social interaction is a big deal for me, I am hypersensitive.

As someone who is also on the spectrum (Aspie) I feel you. I've been socially inept my whole life. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth; I was born with one foot in my mouth (metaphorically speaking). Social nuances are lost on me, and I tend to be rather blunt. There are times when I feel like my middle name should be "faux pas."

My inability to feel empathy like most folks doesn't help either. I like to think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but it often tends to lean toward the dark side, which can be off-putting for people that don't know me well. As a result, agoraphobia has become a way of life for me.

There is no "cure" for it, and although cognitive behavioral therapy has helped some folks, it isn't effective for everyone. It seems like all I can do is try to learn to live with it. Then die alone. Hopefully, things will be better my next time around the wheel.

Re-reading what I just wrote, it almost sounds like a "woe is me, pity party" sentiment. That isn't the case. I'm just being my usual blunt self. Life goes on, until it doesn't.

dithyramb
#37 Posted : 7/14/2021 9:06:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As many of us have realized, the psychological diagnoses are mostly non accurate understandings or classifications of people's actual conditions.

My sensitivity goes beyond social energies. This might come across strange to many, but my capacity to watch movies is very limited because I feel how they penetrate my psyche and I am usually not happy with the artificial/unconscious consciousness behind most of them, which I also am aware of. I almost never watch movies, but I do watch documentaries.

Also I don't feel well if I don't go out to nature daily.

To me it seems most people are affected the same way by energies, they either are not aware of it or have a higher toleration ability. Me, I just have to live in a very specific way to feel sane and healthy.

Back to social energies, I cannot handle interaction with a lot of people. And back to autism in general, I cannot handle a complex life, everything has to be simple.

But life is forcing me to transcend myself. Perhaps working on the path will get me into a different position toward the end of my journey. Or perhaps the leopard cannot get rid of it's spots...

My medicine with DMT has always been helping me to feel better and blend into the social sphere (relatively healthy environments that is. İt reduced my tolerance to unhealthy environments). But it's not a permanent transformation, it is more like charging my batteries and being good to explore the outer world for a while. Years ago when I was eating cactus, I felt the cactus helped me in a different way, actually harmonizing me with the social world. I think mushrooms work in a similar way. Both of these medicines, instead of exacerbating my sensitivity, seem to "normalize" me, and transform me from being a hypersensitive "yogi" to what felt like a normal human being. I never used these medicines regularly or for long periods. Who knows how long term a transformation they could give me. I just feel more called to the hypersensitive/hyperaware way of being and rue and DMT are thus my primary medicine of choice.

BTW, I found Mistletoe (Viscum album) to be a very powerful ally for being strong in the outer world and social fabric. İt is a great adaptogen, heart opener, and empowerment bestower. I'm still onto my project of discovering a way to unlock the psychedelic potential which I suspect it has.
The consciousness of plants is a constant source of information for medicine, alimentation, and art, and an example of the intelligence and creative imagination of nature. Much of my education I owe to the intelligence of these great teachers. Thus I consider myself to be the “representative” of plants, and for this reason I assert that if they cut down the trees and burn what’s left of the rainforests, it is the same as burning a whole library of books without ever having read them.

~ Pablo Amaringo

Vangoghdream
#38 Posted : 7/14/2021 12:29:07 PM
WiFfLe In a WaFfLe BoX

Spice Cadet wrote:
dithyramb wrote:
I appear normal to most but I know I am not normal/typical. Social interaction is a big deal for me, I am hypersensitive.

As someone who is also on the spectrum (Aspie) I feel you. I've been socially inept my whole life. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth; I was born with one foot in my mouth (metaphorically speaking). Social nuances are lost on me, and I tend to be rather blunt. There are times when I feel like my middle name should be "faux pas."

My inability to feel empathy like most folks doesn't help either. I like to think I have a pretty good sense of humor, but it often tends to lean toward the dark side, which can be off-putting for people that don't know me well. As a result, agoraphobia has become a way of life for me.

There is no "cure" for it, and although cognitive behavioral therapy has helped some folks, it isn't effective for everyone. It seems like all I can do is try to learn to live with it. Then die alone. Hopefully, things will be better my next time around the wheel.

Re-reading what I just wrote, it almost sounds like a "woe is me, pity party" sentiment. That isn't the case. I'm just being my usual blunt self. Life goes on, until it doesn't.

Sounds like you are describing me to a T! Oh the stories I could tell and it would start to sound like a pity party. It's ok.. shit it is hard as hell sometimes being this way. Good to put it out there and bring some awareness to what we go through in this life. I really think neuro-typicals in general have not a clue what we go through and many times I feel they are the ones who are broken in some way, they often appear to be the ones who are non-empathetic. There is a clear lack of understanding for the majority of people when it comes to autism.

dithyramb
#39 Posted : 7/15/2021 4:41:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I resonate with you guys... I feel I am locked in a small world sometimes. The wheel turns even within a lifetime, years pass, we grow old and our lives change. I like to believe that there is hope. There is much pain, and it might wbe difficult to not "screw the world" and retreat into our solitary melancholy. But the only way to get out of the swamp is by not antagonizing the world and indulging in the pain, but getting up and innocently embracing the world again and again.

I am enneagram type 4, in case it is not obvious by now.

Self limits are most of the time more expandable than they seem. Thank God to psychedelics, omg other things (Life!), for their help in this, when they are engaged in the right way...

~ Pablo Amaringo

PREV12