We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Poll Question : What is your experience with microdosing psychedelics?
Choice Votes Statistics
Never tried microdosing 3 9 %
Tried microdosing, but with no interesting effects 1 3 %
Tried microdosing, with mostly negative effects 1 3 %
Tried microdosing, with mostly positive effects 28 84 %

12NEXT
Do you microdose psychedelics? Options

entheogenstudy
#1 Posted : 1/8/2017 6:58:35 PM
researcher

Hi!

I am a researcher in entheogen studies currently interested in microdosing. Do you have any experience? Vote on the poll, and describe how it has worked for you in a reply post if you like Smile

Is it meaningful/possible to microdose DMT or ayahuasca variants?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

null24
#2 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:33:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

I have had very positive results from infrequent psilocybin micro dosing. I have found fast and relatively long lasting relief from depression and social anxiety doing this, as compared to other pharmaceutical options I've been offered such as SSRIs, and without the intolerable (for me) side effects.

Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

universecannon
#3 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:39:27 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I've had great results microdosing harmalas at night for extended periods, along with many others here.

Low doses of changa daily has been extremely beneficial in the past, especially when taking harmalas orally beforehand. I haven't tried taking low doses of mushrooms for too many days in a row but when i have it was recalibrating.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

nexalizer
#4 Posted : 1/8/2017 7:45:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, with 1P-LSD. Mostly interesting/positive results, altough insomnia (even when dosing early) is a problem.

Vasoconstriction can be alleviated with 2-3g of l-arginine (thanks tatt for suggesting this!).

Not sure if you would call it microdose, but I also enjoy Phenibut once a week for musical purposes, and use the tail end of the experience for enhanced socializing (which I don't like on even microdoses of lysergamides, would rather be sober).

Haven't tried microdosing any other psychs, but if I read something interesting about that here, why not!
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

AwesomeUsername
#5 Posted : 1/8/2017 9:16:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've tried microdosing just to realize I like full doses more.

Only experienced with microdosing acid twice, though. The first time I did it I took 25ug and went to work, it gave me energy a nice body feeling and a mood lift. Surprisingly I even saw mild visuals appear but it wasn't an issue.

It seemed it could be more beneficial if I was some sort of a scientist or inventor, but for the jobs that you see the average joe does all it does is ween some lethargy away and make it more interesting in the head.

I wouldn't have done it anyways if they actually bothered to give me a day off at that period.

I suppose It would be beneficial for people that struggle with depression, anxiety and someone whose job is reliant on creativity. Otherwise I see no use of microdosing for the recreational tripper or someone using psychedelics as a tool for self-improvement and/or spirituality.

waitwhatwhere
#6 Posted : 1/9/2017 12:35:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have microdosed frequently, generally following Fadiman's recommendation of 1/10th of a dose every four days. I typically would take it in the morning first thing, as if I wait until later I find that it can keep me awake.

Microdosing is a performance enhancer for people doing creative/cognitive work like design, writing, art, and project management. I have found this to be the case. It leaves me contemplative about my life in an everyday setting and is generally an enjoyable experience with few negatives.

One note of caution: if you drink alcohol, don't microdose if you are feeling even slightly hungover, it will get worse, not better. Other than that, be sure to take your first dose on a day where you don't have too much going on as overshooting the mark can be less than productive. Good luck with your research!

Very happy
"The mystic cannot communicate, but the artist can." ~Robert Anton Wilson

RAM
#7 Posted : 1/9/2017 2:47:58 AM

Hail the keys!

I have microdosed with psilocybin mushrooms and DMT, both the prevent oncoming migraines from playing out. I cannot say if the tiny amount of mushrooms helped quash the migraine, but the small amounts of vaporized freebase DMT definitely stopped some migraines from playing out to their full extent.

I have also taken 1/4th of a blotter of LSD before for a very mild but still very productive trip. In my experience, it seems that small doses can be just as useful as large doses psychologically, as you have more control over your mind and can explore different things in a more controlled manner. I also prefer to not take ego-crushing doses because this can lead to a total loss of memory of the experience, which is not useful at all.
"Think for yourself and question authority." - Leary

"To step out of ideology - it hurts. It's a painful experience. You must force yourself to do it." - Žižek

Inner Paths
#8 Posted : 1/9/2017 6:34:25 AM

Secretary of the Interior

Microdosed salvia I have found to be beneficial on a good few levels. Antidepressive and helped keep me calmer in general.
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

entheogenstudy
#9 Posted : 1/9/2017 8:11:16 PM
researcher

Thanks everybody! It's very interesting to hear your stories Smile

To those of you who have been microdosing extensively:

1. For how long have you experimented with microdosing? Are you still doing it? How often? Do you do it in cycles or continuously?

2. How does microdosing affect tripping on higher doses? Do you take full doses during the periods when you microdose? Is there a tolerance effect?

entheogenstudy
#10 Posted : 2/19/2017 1:12:37 PM
researcher

Hi all!

I have finished a first draft of the paper, which is attached to this post and also published at ResearchGate and Academia:
https://www.researchgate...dosing_psychedelic_drugs
https://www.academia.edu...bstances_in_tiny_amounts

If you have participated in the study, it would be good if you read through the results section and check that I have quoted you in an acceptable context etc.

Since this is an explorative study I am open to input about aspects of microdosing that are not mentioned in the draft. Could be anything - positive effects, side effects, difficulties...

Thanks to everybody who participated in the study :smile:

pinkoyd
#11 Posted : 2/19/2017 10:47:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extraordinary knowledgeSenior Member

Thanks for posting the link to your paper. Nicely writtem.

I find it curious though that no respondents used mescaline or San Pedro cactus in their microdosing regimens. I've used microdoses of San Pedro for it's stimulant and mood elevating properties pretty steadily over the past two or three years, sometimes for heavy work in the back yard, sometimes for hiking. Works a treat!
I already asked Alice.

Aum_Shanti
#12 Posted : 2/20/2017 6:56:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, saw this thread too late.

But if it is still of interest.
I microdosed DOM for some months. It really always made the day just beautiful. Very improved mood, very calm, no anger or anything, and also a little bit of the speedy component in the first few hours is very welcome.
Problems:
* You have to take it early in the morning or you will not be able to sleep at night
* DOM is an extreme tolerance builder (I have never experienced a stronger tolerance builder than DOM). That means microdosing is only possible with an absolute minimum delay of a week.
Also any other psychedelic substance usage during this time is obviously heavily affected...

The latter problem is the reason why I currently don't take it...
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

entheogenstudy
#13 Posted : 2/20/2017 10:15:07 PM
researcher

Thanks! I'll mention San Pedro and DOM in the list of psychedelics used for microdosing.

Aum_Shanti
#14 Posted : 2/23/2017 9:20:48 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just if it is of any interest to you:

I read your work, and I was a bit astonished about the definition of microdosing in it:
Quote:
A microdose is defined as a sub-perceptual dose, commonly about one tenth of an ordinary recreational dose, which gives no alteration of consciousness or feeling of intoxication.

I personally always understood microdosing differently. Namely to dose just above a perception threshold dose. So that you feel the effects but are not tripping at all. So that you can normally function (go to work etc) but still feel it's effects.
For me this was on DOM an 1/10th to 1/8th of a blotter of 2.5mg

Am I the only one who does microdose like that, or are you guys all microdosing with a sub perception threshold?
Would have been interesting to know, if the people from the survey also defined microdosing for them like that.

IMHO it would also have been interesting to ask, why people chose the substance they did use for microdosing.

BTW: It is quite common to microdose Iboga after a flood for some time, to keep up the remaining noribogaine levels.
I claim not that this is the truth. As this is just what got manifested into my mind at the current position in time on this physical plane. So please feel not offended by anything I say.

entheogenstudy
#15 Posted : 2/23/2017 3:47:21 PM
researcher

The term sub-perceptual is from Fadiman, and seems to be what he called it before he started calling it microdose.

Maybe it's not such a good term, because it might imply that it's a dose you don't feel at all, and of course many people do feel an effect from microdoses. So in a sense it's misleading. Maybe I'll drop the reference to sub-perceptual and just say that

"A microdose is typically about one tenth of an ordinary recreational dose, giving no feeling of intoxication."

On LSD, a microdose for most people is about 10-15 mcgs, which is about one tenth of a normal blotter. Fadiman has earlier spoken about a full dose being in the range of 150-450 mcgs, so on that account it might be possible to argue that doses up to 45 mcgs should count as microdoses, although no one I've spoken to claimed such a thing.

downwardsfromzero
#16 Posted : 2/23/2017 6:28:58 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

So, despite having missed the deadline, seeing that this thread lives on perhaps you would like to hear of my microdosing regimen with San Pedro tea.

About 200 mL of the brew - containing also about 5 g of Syrian rue per litre - would correspond to perhaps 300 mg of mescaline. 15 mL of the brew three times daily for a week greatly improved social interaction and motivation. The underlying reason for dosing in this manner was in order to treat a skin complaint.

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

pinche
#17 Posted : 2/23/2017 6:31:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have micro dosed with ayahuasca off and on for several years with great results. A teaspoon of diluted brew daily for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. I am highly sensitive though. .5 mgs of Hawaiian chacruna will give me noticeable effects.

JustAnotherHuman
#18 Posted : 2/23/2017 6:36:51 PM

You create your own reality

.5 mgs gives you noticeable effects? That's 500 micrograms.Wut?

You must be really sensitive lol.
JustAnotherHuman is a fictional character. Everything said by this character should be regarded as completely fabricated.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."-Benjamin Franklin.

entheogenstudy
#19 Posted : 2/16/2018 7:38:22 PM
researcher

Hello again!

My microdose study, which many of you kindly contributed to last year, is now published in the Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs (NAD). It has been through a number of revisions.

Here is the link to the article in NAD:
http://journals.sagepub....10.1177/1455072517753339

And here is a link to the article on my ResearchGate page:
https://www.researchgate..._psychedelic_microdosing

Big thanks to everyone who contributed. I hope this article will be a small beginning for many research projects on psychedelic microdosing.

PS. I have many plans for psychedelic research, including an interview study of bad trip experiences and a big survey. I will post it here when it is ready, and I hope many of you will take the time to participate.

dreamer042
#20 Posted : 2/17/2018 2:22:42 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Nice job! Thumbs up

Thanks for sharing your results, we'll look forward to seeing (and supporting) your ongoing work.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

12NEXT