We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12345NEXT»
What scale do you use? Options

MooshyPeaches
#41 Posted : 10/26/2009 4:52:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i just bought a 0.001 scale off ebay from hongkong for like 30$

my expectations are low, hopefully it will at least measure around 10mg's

see if the scale comes with calibration weights, a good indicator if its legit (kinda?...perhaps....perhaps not...)

goodluck with itRolling eyes

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jacetea
#42 Posted : 10/26/2009 12:35:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM bought his for around the same price. $20 plus shipping. SWIM has no problems with this scale. The only thing you may want to consider is buying a larger scale to measure out all the ingredients. As it turns out, measuring 50g of bark on a tiny scale is not very fun Sad

If you really can't afford it, and are semi-decent in math...You could weigh a table spoon and crunch some numbers to figure out how many it would take for 50g or whatever measurement you want. He can't guarantee the accuracy of this however. Consistency could change if the bark isn't ground up evenly...Maybe weigh it three times and take the average.
We're the new hippies, we get high on life, not drugs.
We thrive in drama, and bathe in activeness.
Fashion is a religion and vocabulary defines you.

Politicians load the gun, and celebrities fire it, killing all humankind.

Ginkgo
#43 Posted : 10/26/2009 11:55:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jacetea wrote:
SWIM bought his for around the same price. $20 plus shipping. SWIM has no problems with this scale. The only thing you may want to consider is buying a larger scale to measure out all the ingredients. As it turns out, measuring 50g of bark on a tiny scale is not very fun Sad

It should work to put a larger container on top of the scale, reset the scale so it shows 0.000 with the container on top, and then put what you want measured in the container. For the sake of measuring out things like 50 or 500 grams, using a common kitchen weight can also be a good idea. They should be commonly available for a small price, although they usually have a 1-3 grams error margin.

w0mbat
#44 Posted : 10/27/2009 1:32:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard the DIA-10 is decent, but they seem to cost minimum $49.95 everywhere on the net - except this one dude on amazon, who is selling them for ~$17! I have to wonder if it's like an overseas ripoff version, with the same exterior as the reliable brand but crappy hardware inside. But who knows, maybe it'll be decent.

Good idea about averaging the weights jactea, I'll tell my friend to do that.

I also thought about weighing stuff by devising some way to measure how much water it displaces, but imagine the tedium in that Smile
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Touche Guevara
#45 Posted : 10/27/2009 1:50:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

w0mbat wrote:
I've heard the DIA-10 is decent, but they seem to cost minimum $49.95 everywhere on the net - except this one dude on amazon, who is selling them for ~$17! I have to wonder if it's like an overseas ripoff version, with the same exterior as the reliable brand but crappy hardware inside. But who knows, maybe it'll be decent.

Good idea about averaging the weights jactea, I'll tell my friend to do that.

I also thought about weighing stuff by devising some way to measure how much water it displaces, but imagine the tedium in that Smile

Water displacement would get you the volume, which to then derive mass would require not only extremely precise volumetric measurements but a known and uniform density as well as a compound to measure that was totally insoluble in water.

LiquidxTrance
#46 Posted : 10/27/2009 4:44:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I bought this scale from Amazon approximately four months ago. Just like any toy, proper care and maintenance allow for even cheap things to last a while. So far, mine is still as good as the day I bought it and will, most assuredly, measure out single digit milligram amounts accurately Smile

Pokey
#47 Posted : 10/27/2009 9:59:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I also bought one of the $20 e-bay scales from Hong Kong. Not perfectly accurate, but certainly close enough and for 20 bucks, what can you expect?

A digital postal scale from staples works well for weighing ingredients.

Pokey

Chaos
#48 Posted : 11/18/2009 3:12:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What do you use? I was reading about oral dosing and the weights were very low. ie 20-80 mg My scale is only accurate to .1 or 100 mg. I need better weights!
My journey starts today.

SnozzleBerry
#49 Posted : 11/18/2009 3:35:32 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Take a look at this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/0-00...in_0?hash=item27ad0e1bb8
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

w0mbat
#50 Posted : 11/18/2009 4:12:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

the DIA-10. It's made by a company called American Weigh (which ironically gets all their manufacturing done in china, apparently)
benzyme wrote:

i'm tellin ya, one day i'll interface a mass spec and uv-vis spectrophotometer to a modular synthesizer

Dimitri-Trance
#51 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:01:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dont have money to but a scale for a while.
What does 50 mg of dmt look like?
Any pics?...comparing dose size to something?
I really need to know!
Thanks.

Touche Guevara
#52 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:03:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Impossible to say. Your spice won't have the same density as anyone else's. Get a scale, for safety's sake.

Dimitri-Trance
#53 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:07:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Touche Guevara wrote:
Impossible to say. Your spice won't have the same density as anyone else's. Get a scale, for safety's sake.

True that.
Can you make an assumption.
Its yellow to orange tan and some small bits of chunk in it.
Made from MHRB.
My breakthrough dose was about the size of 4-5 grains of rice with the light bulb...sounds like alot...it could have been since swim felt like if he passed out for a minute.

۩
#54 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:07:26 PM

When smoking DMT, you don't need precise measurements.
Depending on how fluffy/dense your xtals are, guessing a precise measurement such as 50mg is near impossible.
When one doesn't have a scale, one must sprinkle spice into their pipes and get a feel for what they want and why they want it.
Sometimes 20mg will take you further than 60. Why? That's up to you to interpret.

You can smoke a sprinkle or an entire mountain that's tipping over your bowl. One can never smoke too much spice...
Just to soothe your soul, I'll remind you of the time (first time) I sprinkled 250mg on a bowl and went to town...
8 other souls partook in this pipe after me. It's amazing how spice makes your bowls way more dense ;]
Your body/soul will know when you've had enough. Have faith in your molecules and don't be afraid of journeying.
There is much to learn from hyperspace. Sit and listen.

jamie
#55 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:12:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

It's true that yur body will tell you when you have had enough..at large doses I start feeling the grid forming before I can even finish my hit sometimes..lots of time I stopped prt way through my hit becasue something inside of me just clicked and told me to put the damn pipe down now!

I find it easy to eyeball a dose of changa.
Long live the unwoke.

Dimitri-Trance
#56 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:12:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

۩ wrote:
When smoking DMT, you don't need precise measurements.
Depending on how fluffy/dense your xtals are, guessing a precise measurement such as 50mg is near impossible.
When one doesn't have a scale, one must sprinkle spice into their pipes and get a feel for what they want and why they want it.
Sometimes 20mg will take you further than 60. Why? That's up to you to interpret.

You can smoke a sprinkle or an entire mountain that's tipping over your bowl. One can never smoke too much spice...
Just to soothe your soul, I'll remind you of the time (first time) I sprinkled 250mg on a bowl and went to town...
8 other souls partook in this pipe after me. It's amazing how spice makes your bowls way more dense ;]
Your body/soul will know when you've had enough. Have faith in your molecules and don't be afraid of journeying.
There is much to learn from hyperspace. Sit and listen.

Thats a beautiful way to put it.
Thanks brother!

Dimitri-Trance
#57 Posted : 12/26/2009 5:16:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
It's true that yur body will tell you when you have had enough..at large doses I start feeling the grid forming before I can even finish my hit sometimes..lots of time I stopped prt way through my hit becasue something inside of me just clicked and told me to put the damn pipe down now!

I find it easy to eyeball a dose of changa.

Yeah, My 1st and only inhalation on the bulb was soooo long/deep and strong that I had felt the entities were telling me that I took a lot and was going in with them.
Before that I never broke through with the sandwich method and the entities were saying as well that I needed more if I wanted to get to see all of them

lorentz5
#58 Posted : 12/26/2009 11:41:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you have the time and the will, you can construct your own simple milligram scale.

http://www.erowid.org/ps...are/hardware_info1.shtml

OR

http://www.pvri.com/sp/BalBuild.htm

Hope this helps.
I am here
(1) For increased personal power, intellectual understanding, sharpened insight into self and culture, improvement of life situation, accelerated learning, professional growth.
(2) For duty, help of others, providing care, rehabilitation, rebirth for fellow men.
(3) For fun, sensuous enjoyment, aesthetic pleasure, interpersonal closeness, pure experience.
(4) For transcendence, liberation from ego and space-time limits; attainment of mystical union.

psychosisdoses
#59 Posted : 12/27/2009 12:41:28 AM

Derek

20 bux on ebay
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

TrigZu
#60 Posted : 12/27/2009 7:29:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They had one for $12 the other day!

Missed the damn deal! FML

I recommend the 20g x 0.001 scale over the slightly more expensive 30g x 0.001 scale. It seems to be capable of weighting in a variety of more units and seems to have many extra features. The downside of course is that it can only weigh 20g at a time, but that's not too big of a problem if you break up said material into smaller chunks.

PREV12345NEXT»