We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Made me a tune! Options

soulfood
#1 Posted : 2/10/2018 6:27:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Haven’t made any music in a while and did this. It’s a bit different to what I’d usually do and due to the laptop I made it on punching it’s own ticket I cant load it up to soundcloud, but if anyone’s curious you can hear it on spotify and Apple Music via the following links.

Any feedback would be mich appreciated.

https://itunes.apple.com.../1345733266?i=1345733270

https://open.spotify.com...i=kx8jYXZjRNO3gkJyLoSAxQ

Your’s humby

SF

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TGO
#2 Posted : 2/10/2018 7:01:39 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Hey Soulfood!

Thanks for sharing man, I'm diggin' it! Nice groove with some punchy, yet smooth percussion! I'd love to hear more! If you get your soundcloud up and running, I just released a set of 10 tracks back in December, under the name Too Many Mind, if interested:

Too Many Mind - "After A While"

Nexus Thread

It had been nearly 3 years since I made anything worthwhile. It is always nice to jump back on the horse! I've got about 5 more new tracks, but since college is back in session, the rest of the album is on pause for the moment!

Anyway, The Nexus never ceases to amaze me! Keep up the good work!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

hug46
#3 Posted : 2/10/2018 9:11:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I like it. I sometimes have a small attention span and that little baby kept me listening with interest for the full 9 or so minutes. I think that it got better and better as it progressed.

Cognitive Heart
#4 Posted : 2/10/2018 9:41:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I also agree with the progression in the song. In a way that it uniquely 'peaks.' Awesome work and sound! Thumbs up
'What's going to happen?' 'Something wonderful.'

Skip the manual, now, where's the master switch?

We are interstellar stardust, the re-dox co-factors of existence. Serve the sacred laws of the universe before your time comes to an end. Oh yes, you shall be rewarded.

soulfood
#5 Posted : 2/11/2018 1:01:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

TGO wrote:

[url=https://soundcloud.com/too-many-mind/sets/after-a-while-album-by-too]Too Many Mind -

Loving the prog vibes! Really like your use of organ/keys thingymajig. You a fan of yes, per chance?

Thanks for listening Smile

Cheers hug46! I have issues with having to change things up all the time. I really like techno and Ive tried my hand at it but I mix stuff up so much that it doesn’t groove consistently enough... but hey, being myself I guess.

Loving the arpeggios on dicky davis btwVery happy

Kind words cognitive heart Love

Good to know I aint boring anyone.

For those who are interested my SC is:

https://m.soundcloud.com/if-fm

Not much on here and the stuff that’s passable I think I already posted on here years ago, but here it is all the same.

Thanks again!

hug46
#6 Posted : 2/11/2018 11:18:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

soulfood wrote:

Cheers hug46! I have issues with having to change things up all the time. I really like techno and Ive tried my hand at it but I mix stuff up so much that it doesn’t groove consistently enough... but hey, being myself I guess.

Loving the arpeggios on dicky davis btwVery happy

Thanks Soulfood. Not being much of a musician, the arpeggiator is my go to turd polishing nob, but is probably a habit i need to break in order to progress. My favourite tunes of mine are mike the bike and barry sheene swims, which are the first 2 parts of a trilogy dedicated to nostalgia and dead motorcycle racers. The third instalment will be dedicated to Dajiro Kato or Jarno Saarinen (i am leaning towards Saarinen due to the nostalgia factor).

I too like a bit of techno but can't seem to make it. I think that i lack the production and arrangement skills that are needed to give it dynamism. Also your comment about being yourself is very relevant.

A singer/songwriter friend of mine once said to me that dance/electronic music is really easy to make, which i do not feel is true. Anyone can bung a few looped samples together, but to produce something that is beautiful and interesting is another thing altogether.
I am frequently blown away by the talents of members on this forum and soundcloud.

DoingKermit
#7 Posted : 2/11/2018 4:16:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well done, man! Really lovely sound you have going there and super easy on the ear. Thanks for sharing

TGO
#8 Posted : 2/27/2018 6:23:35 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

soulfood wrote:
TGO wrote:

[url=https://soundcloud.com/too-many-mind/sets/after-a-while-album-by-too]Too Many Mind -

Loving the prog vibes! Really like your use of organ/keys thingymajig. You a fan of yes, per chance?

Thanks for listening Smile

https://m.soundcloud.com/if-fm

Thanks!

Yes, yes indeed, I'm a big fan of Yes! Big grin

I've been really into all kinds of prog/psychedelic rock music lately. Most notably, I have been gathering everything under the sun related to Steven Wilson and his projects, and recently started picking up some King Crimson too. I'm really late to the the Crimson fan club, but am really enjoying what I was listening to the past couple weeks!

I was also curious about what program(s) you utilize to make your tunes? I use FL Studio 12. My friend got me a copy back when it was version 5 and I immediately fell in love with the program. I don't currently have the funds to invest in a new program but I'm always interested in how others go about crafting their songs...
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish