We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
grinding bark Options

fanch
#1 Posted : 1/31/2018 8:35:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hello everybody !

finally i collected everything i needed to start a ATB salt extraction ;
so first of all , i wanted to reduce my MHRB into powder , as the one i have is just roughly cutted in big shunks of around two to three centimeters for the main part ...
i putted it (100g, not that much) in a powerfull mixer/blender, and then all it does is blocking the blade of the mixer , like if the pieces of root are too hard ; so i cutted them down to smaller pieces (around 1cm), and same thing happened ^^
i bagged all of it in a ziploc bag and stored it in the freezer , hoping it will soften the bark , but i don't know if it will affect the hardness of the product at all.
so do you guys have a special technic to soften the bark shunks to grind them more eazily to powder ?
thanks in advance .
sorry if my english is so so , it's not my main language Razz !!

Fanch

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Reincarnated
#2 Posted : 1/31/2018 9:20:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

We used a pair of sheet metal shears/cutters to get it as small as possible....then some good old pestle and moarter action with added elbow grease. Until majority would pass through a sieve. The bark was very dry this definitely helps
I may be a poor man but when I close my eyes im sleeping in the palace of kings

fanch
#3 Posted : 2/1/2018 8:05:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you Reincarnated , it's one option i was concidering as i have home a mortar and pestle made in volcanic rock that could be good for doing it .Laziness made me ask for an eventual easyest method anyway , haha !
thanks for your answer

raven44
#4 Posted : 2/11/2018 3:53:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Vitamix will powderize many things quite nicely. They will make flour ect very versatile units imo.

swimer
#5 Posted : 2/11/2018 4:04:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim prefer to freeze the bark before starting the process of shredding. Then he uses GOOD cofee blender.