We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Important message about Trout's Notes PDF files Options

Keeper Trout
#1 Posted : 1/11/2018 11:04:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

I am hopeful that this is the best place for this announcement. Moderators are welcome to move it elsewhere if it seems more appropriate.

With my apologies that this is my reality.

Recently it was brought to my attention that links from my former website largelyaccurateinformationmedia are now being used for exposing my readers to malware and a virus.
I stopped using several websites a couple of years or so ago, that being one of them.
Apparently it is now owned by someone who is employing it in an attempt to deliver malware.
Every link to the LAIM site is affected by this whether it went to a page, an image or a PDF.

The titles which I know were affected:
the Genus Desmodium
San Pedro book (both with and without Pachanoi or Pachanot)
Pachanoi or Pachanot
Cactus Chemistry By Species
Cactus Chemistry By Species Light
Cactus Alkaloids
Some other succulents

I uploaded an earlier copy of Some other succulents and also the Genus Desmodium from prior to addition of links to other publications of mine.
That was not possible for the others so all of those have been re-edited and the bad links either removed or else replaced with something current. This was noted on their front cover to make it easier to recognize the replacement files.
All of these are now uploaded at troutsnotes.com replacing the compromised copies bearing the same names.

If you have one of those earlier copies they are safe only as long as you do not click on a link to the LAIM site but a much safer and better idea is to delete all of those and obtain new copies.
I also uploaded a copy of each to DropBox where a person can take a look at them prior to deciding whether to downloading them.

Cactus Cultivation
C2_CactusCultivation.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...C2_CactusCultivation.pdf

Cactus Alkaloids
C13_CactusAlkaloids.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me.../C13_CactusAlkaloids.pdf

Cactus Chemistry By Species Light (illustration-free for easier use during research)
CactusChemistryBySpecies_2014_Light.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...Chemistry_2013_Light.pdf

Cactus Chemistry By Species (Intensely illustrated.)
CactusChemistryBySpecies_2014.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...CactusChemistry_2013.pdf

Pachanoi or Pachanot?
Pachanoi_Pachanot-bad-links-replaced-jan-2018
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...ks-replaced-jan-2018.pdf

San Pedro and related Trichocereus species
SanPedro_2006_with_pachanoi_pachanot_addendum.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...oi_pachanot_addendum.pdf

Some Simple Tryptamines
SomeSimpleTryptamines_2ndEd_2007_with_addendum.pdf
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...d_2007_with_addendum.pdf

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

urtica
#2 Posted : 1/11/2018 11:37:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do you think if they were downloaded 2 years ago they should be considered compromised?
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Keeper Trout
#3 Posted : 1/11/2018 11:44:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Cacti expert | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.Senior Member | Skills: Jack of many trades, master of several:  chemistry, microbiology, optical work, stone cutting, metal working, botany.

The files were not a problem until some unclear point in the near past. All of the presently compromised links used to be good links.

All of those files should be considered compromised as following the links in them now goes to malicious content furnished by the new domain operator.
I've been told this probably does not target me personally and likely affects thousands of abandoned domains but that does not help the problem. Please delete old copies and replace them with new copies.

My apologies for this being a problem.

Please do share this news with anyone who you think might miss it.

urtica
#4 Posted : 1/11/2018 11:46:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will do. Thanks for letting us know! Sorry you have to deal with that...
urtica is a fictional character. nothing written by this fictional character has anything to do with reality. if urtica was real, and performing any activities that are restricted by certain governmental forces, these activities would be performed in Heaven where nothing is true & everything is permitted.

Keeper Trout
#5 Posted : 1/12/2018 6:31:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I somehow forgot one.
Some Simple Tryptamines

(it's added to the start post)

Ulim
#6 Posted : 1/12/2018 6:52:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe talk to trav for possiblity to host them on the nexus?
They arent that big but dropbox will prolly take down the links and ask you to upgrade for better bandwith.

Keeper Trout
#7 Posted : 1/12/2018 7:22:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

All of those files are also on troutsnotes.com but I'm quite happy for copies to be online here.

I pay DropBox around $100 a year rather than having a free account with more limited storage so hopefully that means they keep those links live and intact. My only reason for uploading them to DropBox rather than posting my site links was due to DropBox enabling viewing without downloading so people would be able to inspect them prior to deciding to download them.

I seem to have somehow pissed Trav off or something as I've been unable to get any reply to my PMs for quite some time.

Ulim
#8 Posted : 1/12/2018 10:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Keeper Trout wrote:
All of those files are also on troutsnotes.com but I'm quite happy for copies to be online here.

I pay DropBox around $100 a year rather than having a free account with more limited storage so hopefully that means they keep those links live and intact. My only reason for uploading them to DropBox rather than posting my site links was due to DropBox enabling viewing without downloading so people would be able to inspect them prior to deciding to download them.

I seem to have somehow pissed Trav off or something as I've been unable to get any reply to my PMs for quite some time.

Trav was rather inactive the last few months.
Usually he is here randomly on weekends only.

Keeper Trout
#9 Posted : 1/13/2018 12:59:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

If a copy of anything or everything is wanted for here just let me know where to put that.

exquisitus
#10 Posted : 1/14/2018 12:06:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

thank you trout.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#11 Posted : 2/2/2018 9:19:21 AM

just some guy

Thank you for letting us know, Trout. And thank you, always, for the incredible work you've done for the entheogenic community over the years. It's disheartening that some of this work has become a vector for malicious software.

This happens so often these days, and is a damn shame that there is no way to prevent this type of domain sniping/squatting other than the obvious (and costly) solution of no-indexing and parking the domain for years on end.

If facing this issue in the future, please look into some of these newer "ethical parking" options coming to fruition.. There are many folks working hard to keep these Russians bad actors at bay.

Thank you, again, for all the information you share with us! We all owe you a sincere debt of gratitude. <3

Edit:
"Somehow forgot" one of the most important things ever written. Pfft.. Thumbs up

Keeper Trout
#12 Posted : 2/2/2018 11:19:14 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the excellent advice.

The Traveler
#13 Posted : 2/3/2018 4:34:42 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Keeper Trout wrote:

Not pissed off at all, I have been around much less than before and it seems the PM's you send were to the "Traveller" account instead of "The Traveler". Big grin

I have put all the files on the DMT-Nexus server and have changed those links accordingly.

If you have any other files you like or need to share just let me know and I will put them on the DMT-Nexus server too.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Keeper Trout
#14 Posted : 2/3/2018 5:05:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for that clarification and thanks for all you do.