We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV4243444546NEXT»
VG VaporGenie: How to use, where to get, advantages, etc Options

brilliantlydim
#861 Posted : 11/27/2015 10:09:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

d*l*b wrote:
Having smashed my GVG bottom 6 months ago (the GVG doesn’t mix well with heavy glass ashtrays, it seems), I finally got a new one!

A quick question for anyone who has owned multiple GVGs…

Have they changed size?

The bottom I received seems thinner than the previous one. Natural manufacturing variance or a revised design?

From what I can tell on there website, they do have a newer version that does have different dimensions than the original.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

d*l*b
#862 Posted : 11/27/2015 11:50:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The bottom I have here now with a top from 4 or so years ago and a liquid pad inside means that my device is not as stable as it used to be. Even without the liquid pad it easily moves to seesaw-mode. Just have to be careful with it and, above all, keep it away from heavy glass ashtrays!

A lovely bit of kit still, I’ve missed having a GVG!
D × V × F > R

drown
#863 Posted : 3/9/2016 5:19:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Check ebay periodically... found my vg there for $35
Humans are the only beings to change their entire universe in a heartbeat simply by changing their outlook on it...

I am prone to write fictional short stories as a release from the daily stressor's of life. Anything written here on these pages, is either the start of a new story, or a continuation and collaboration of stories i have already shared with ,You, my loyal readers Pleased If you either enjoyed or managed to learn something from my fictions please remember they are fictions and may not be the best things to emulate...So please practice caution and know that i take no responsibility for your actions, but wish you all the best. Peace and love ^_^

Yabba
#864 Posted : 3/18/2016 5:45:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

its a beautifully crafted pipe. just takes time use properly. i use the liquid ceramic pad and a torch lighter.
Fear is the mind killer... The spice must flow!

fibfab3301
#865 Posted : 5/8/2016 3:48:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey everyone hows it going? hope yall are having a nice weekend! Im very excited as i Just got my glass VG axe riot pack in the mail a few days ago and was just hoping for a bit more clarification before i delve head on into it.

This thread is quite long. And ive read quite a bit of it but still just want to clarify things. so i apologize in advance if these are "stupid" questions

So it seems as if it can be pretty tricky to get the hang of. I have been reading that people are putting anywhere between 5-7 screens down...

Question no. 1: Are these additional screens being placed on top of the on already in place beneath the glass bushing?

question no. 2: is the herb/changa then placed on top of those screens (beneath the bushing/ceramic pad)? with dmt freebase on top?

Question no. 3: can straight freebase be used in the VG (no herb bed required)?

Again i apologize if these are stupid questions just looking for a quick answer. If anyone else has any tips they would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

Jees
#866 Posted : 5/8/2016 4:47:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1) additional screens method = fail;
2) no changa in the gvg;
3) yes but not just like that;
4) drop the quick style attitude for your very own sake;
5) read every thread forth and backwards that has GVG in the subject rule.

Sorry I have to say but only if you want to succeed you're obliged to time consuming study, no way around it. Never approach spice slippery half way, take it very serious because it is Not Recreational.

It is possible you'll encounter a contradiction here or there, many new people then say they can't get head wrapped around it. But if the full study is really made, things will definitely fall into place clearly.

Very much & good luck wished on your path, may you evolve splendidly Thumbs up

MasonJarBong
#867 Posted : 10/31/2016 7:44:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Just finished reading through this thread and I think you guys have me sold on the gvg. Although a bit pricey, it seems like a nice piece, well-suited to the task. I also like the idea of having a dedicated piece for spice.

One difficulty I encountered when reading through this thread was visualizing the components of the gvg sherlock. I eventually found a component diagram on the vaporgenie website. I thought I might add it here in case anyone finds it useful.

Cheers!
Nothing is no thing at all.

Adrenik13
#868 Posted : 1/14/2017 11:01:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The original post on this thread say's the below for pure crystals:

Modification needed for pure dmt crystals:
In order to prevent the spice from melting into your VG, you want to apply one of the following solutions:
1: Use a ceramic pad where the screen should be, and put the DMT on top of that
2: get a volcano liquid pad, which is a cheap inert stainless steel pad made specifically for vaporization, and cut it up to fit the vaporgeniePutting a bed of herbs below the dmt or enhancing some herbs with your dmt by pre-dissolving it in herbs before vaporizing.
3: Put a bed of herbs on top of the screen so that the DMT melts into them instead of through the screen and into the pipe

This is confusing as other people suggest putting the DMT onto the screen or herb which is underneath the ceramic pad?

john8oy
#869 Posted : 3/17/2017 11:28:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I bought a wooden VG for smoking DMT powder and basically wasted all my DMT by allowing the DMT to melt through the screens. I've read through most of this thread and have a good idea of what i did wrong. So i just received more DMT and loaded my VG with 3 screens and put some green tea on the screens. Then i put the DMT on top of the green tea and smoked away. I got the closed eye visuals but that was it.No breakthrough. I checked the pipe and none of the DMT melted through.
Can anyone give me advise on technique using a wooden VG please ?
Thanks !
I'm using a butane lighter and it took me about 3 inhales before i managed to get some actual smoke on exhalation.

jiva
#870 Posted : 3/17/2017 2:45:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i would recommend to use a liquid pad.
this way the spice is closer to the filter on top and in my experience it works better than leaves.

jiva
#871 Posted : 3/23/2017 3:26:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

edit:
posted in another thread,
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=74673

jiva attached the following image(s):
glass_sherlock_new1.jpg (40kb) downloaded 349 time(s).

ParadoxEngine
#872 Posted : 6/15/2017 6:20:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I use the vaporgenie with VG's concentrate pad and it works wonders.

I am interested in exploring with MAOIs, which I've never done before. What are the possible options? Would it be better to simply ingest them before vaporizing (if so, what plants/extracts and in which quantity)? Or is there an extract I could put in the VG with the DMT (or vape it before the dmt)?

I'm really not a fan of smoking, even if just changa, and I love that the VG offers me clean DMT vapor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Complexity
#873 Posted : 6/15/2017 6:43:55 PM

Being & Becoming

ParadoxEngine wrote:
I use the vaporgenie with VG's concentrate pad and it works wonders.

I am interested in exploring with MAOIs, which I've never done before. What are the possible options? Would it be better to simply ingest them before vaporizing (if so, what plants/extracts and in which quantity)? Or is there an extract I could put in the VG with the DMT (or vape it before the dmt)?

I'm really not a fan of smoking, even if just changa, and I love that the VG offers me clean DMT vapor.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You could extract harmalas. I suggest try to smoke them alone at first, to see if you feel any kind of psychoactivity.

You could find this link useful: https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ion_and_Separation_Guide
My brain is only a receiver. In the Universe there is a core from which we obtain knowledge, strength, inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but I know it exists. - Nikola Tesla

clearness
#874 Posted : 1/8/2018 12:52:52 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Read this entire post. Took a while but worth it. Decided it would be better to learn from studying then wasting a bunch of spice. Still a little unclear but am getting closer.

I have few lingering questions. One I asked in the smoking forum so I wont ask again here.

The others:

Do people find any advantage in using an extra ceramic disc from VG vs using the Liquid pad sold by VG. I have both but have only used the ceramic disc because I like the idea of using something non metal.

On that same note, is the flavor disc any better than the ceramic disc I have?

If I were to use the liquid pad should I make it thinner like discussed when using other mesh/pad options?

Thank you

swimer
#875 Posted : 1/31/2018 8:07:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim is just interested what is the best way for smoking crystals with normal vapor genie up to date? Thinkin about liquid pad as he heard it good way to go. If he buy it can he just put spice directly on it? Maybe travelers have other better way to go for classic VG?

jiva
#876 Posted : 1/31/2018 9:09:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i could get consistent good results with the wooden VG when i was using a cut down liquid pad from a vulcano vaporizer.
when cutting it make sure to not have any metal parts loos you could inhale. i thought i did once which was not nice to feel during hyperspace travel.

just put the spice on top of the liquid pad. also preheating the stone in the top part of the VG could help, but with the screw on top part this is harder to do then with a GVG

swimer
#877 Posted : 1/31/2018 9:38:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So went throught all the thread and found this post still swim can't make the blast off perfect. He premelted spice and put it on the cooper mesh which is not to thick. Then he closed the VG and puted torch light on it with circles for about 3-5 sec. He didnt see any vapor coming so thought probably he needs to inhale to start vaporisation process. After inhaling VERY slowly he could feel vapor when he almost used his all lung capacity. He kept it and after exhaling(there was not much vapor) took another one which was good toke but couldnt take another one as he needed oxygen after those first two. Also he is not sure if he should keep applying the lighter even when he holds the first toke in lungs or should he stop and put the lighter on when he starts the second.

rjb wrote:
My experience (with the VG, not GVG, but I believe they're pretty similar in terms of usage), is that the optimum procedure would be as follows: first, pre-melt spice, then apply flame close to the ceramic filter (1 cm or so, but not directly touching the filter because it will clog fast), and after circling the flame over the filter for about 2-3 seconds, vapor starts to emerge, pretty fast I'd say; you want to inhale slowly at this point, because it takes a little bit while the mesh/filters get hot. Then increase the distance slowly until you get to about 3 cm away from your pipe while pulling just a tad faster. Do this for about 8-10 seconds (that's what it takes me to vape a full dose), and hold the smoke for 15-20 seconds. Play with the lighter distance a little while, and don't feel discouraged, have patience. You'll know when you got it right. Additionally, if you want to smoalk slower, and apply multiple hits, you'll have your pipe hot already, so you'll not need to start with the flame from as close as for the first hit, or you risk burning the remaining spice.

And also, I've found that a mesh (copper/I use stainless steel ones) work way better than multiple filters, because of they're scrambled structure. Flat surfaces don't hold liquid that great, but the mesh kinda "absorbs" it and makes vaporization a LOT easier. Plus, you'll save some mgs of spice Wink

swimer
#878 Posted : 2/20/2018 9:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sorry for another post but can anyone help with it?

jiva
#879 Posted : 2/21/2018 6:42:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

how many screens/copper meshes do you use?

do not apply the lighter while you hold the smoke in, put the lighter on again when you start to inhale for the 2nd toke.

hold the smoke in for at least 10 seconds.
if your in hales are very long there is no need for a 3rd toke.
if you need air in between tokes, you can just breath in quickly in between.

i hope this helps you
also, no need for swimming here

swimer
#880 Posted : 2/21/2018 7:07:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i had really frustrating session tbh right now. Ive ordered the copper mesh and put thin layer in the vg heated it and added the spice on it. Then again i put temperature on the stone and started inhaling after 5-10sec. First two inhales were completly empty and at the end of 3rd when vapor started to show but my lighter failed as it was so eveheated. The whole process for sure should not take that much as from post above i see it should started in about 5sec already. i cant blame the lighter as heating for about 40-60 sec its much. Dont know if the layer of cooper should be thicker?

«PREV4243444546NEXT»