We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Health benefits of LSD (guardian article) Options

obliguhl
#1 Posted : 10/24/2009 10:44:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.guardian.co.u...-ecstacy-health-benefits

Quote:
The emergence of a community that passes the drugs between users on the basis of friendship, support and need – with money rarely involved – comes amid a resurgence of research into the possible therapeutic benefits of psychedelics.

How awesome it is to read something like this!!

edit: Guardian sorry.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

۩
#2 Posted : 10/24/2009 10:55:20 AM

*H I G H * F I V E *

transitory
#3 Posted : 10/24/2009 1:28:20 PM

currently intergrating

http://www.guardian.co.u...-ecstacy-health-benefits

Read this.

Good news. 10/10 for Denis Campbell, health correspondent, The Guardian. Professional journalism at its best.

Quote:

a growing optimism among those using the drugs that soon they may be able to obtain medicines based on psychedelics from their doctor...

She fears that without an occasional dose she will go back to the drinking problem she left behind 14 years ago with the help of the banned drug."Then I took a hit of LSD one day and didn't feel alone any more.

Many others are using the drugs to deal with chronic anxiety attacks

Now, though, distinguished academics and highly respected institutions are looking again at whether LSD and other psychedelics might help patients.

Professor Colin Blakemore, a former chief executive of the Medical Research Council, said the class-A status of psychedelics such as LSD should not stop them being explored as potential therapies. "No drug is completely safe, and that includes medical drugs as well as illegal substances," he said.

As an entheogen user who is subsequently a RECOVERING alcoholic who is NO LONGER NEEDING prescribed SNRIs for anxiety I welcome this development.

there is hope. And yes, there is a community.

Very happy
"Give enough that it feels good but not so much it hurts"
Life is not a task. There is absolutely nothing to attain except the realisation that there is absolutely nothing to attain.
What is sought remains hidden from the seeker by already being everything.

(Tony Parsons)

TruePsychonaut
#4 Posted : 10/25/2009 12:36:30 AM

Andy

Certainly something that is long overdue.
T'Psych

"Love is life.All,everything that I understand,I understand only because I love."

SoCal
#5 Posted : 10/25/2009 7:07:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just posted this article in the hyperspace tavern not realizing it had already been shared. I'll mod my thread...