We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Monotub stalled - mould? Options

Nereus
#21 Posted : 1/27/2018 6:09:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What variety of cubes are you growing in there blue.magic? I've scrolled and scrolled, and tried to find it myself but was unable, so pardon me if it has already been said.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

blue.magic
#22 Posted : 1/28/2018 2:18:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Did you poker holes at the mycelium line to avoid this? If not the different gas flow vs classic monotub will skew your experiments. Then in the last picks the blocks look like they are outside of the individual containers (birthed) so they would be getting the typical passive air exchange from the monotub double row holes.

Did you notice a shift in behaviour after birthing?

No I stayed in the mini tubs until I saw lots of side pins and even underpins. I therefore birthed the cake to allow more air and space.

Of course a better experiment would be to have same conditions and same tubs but I just wanted a recipe that works, not to optimize the parameters. I just wanted to now whether it will even fruit.

...and I must admit I was a bit lazy and impatient since these are first fruits I see after 3 months of experimentation with different substrates.

I have a solid recipe I guess from you, and this one is closest to yours, so once my grain jars are fully colonized, I will use that recipe for the large tub. I am pretty confident it will work.

blue.magic
#23 Posted : 1/28/2018 2:20:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nereus wrote:
What variety of cubes are you growing in there blue.magic? I've scrolled and scrolled, and tried to find it myself but was unable, so pardon me if it has already been said.

It's "McKennaii" originally grown from a purchased growbox and then cultivated from spores. I don't see much difference from Golden Teacher, it is said McKennaiis are stronger but for me it's very similar. Probably it has to do more with growing conditions than the variety.

blue.magic
#24 Posted : 1/28/2018 4:43:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bad news today. One of the cakes is compromised with green mould. I can't understand how stupid I am that I wiped every surface except the single most important and dirtiest one - one that comes in contact with the cake Confused

The shrooms look healthy but I guess the standard procedure is to throw away the entire grow Sad

I tried to remove the green mould by sterilised knife and the cake breaks apart just like a carrot cake. It does not look it consolidated much, like BRF cakes do.

This is the aftermath picture:

I placed each cake in its own container for observation:

At least I will dry and measure how much I harvest I got from these mini monotubs. And just for a little cheer up, there are some siamese mushroom twins:

PREV12