We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
So You Want to IM DMT Fumarate (Or other salt) Options

HumbleVoyager
#1 Posted : 1/21/2018 5:27:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So You Want To Intramuscularly Administer DMT Fumarate (or other salt)
by HumbleVoyager

Disclaimer: This information does not condone the activity it describes. Anything attempted is at one's own risk and knowledge that there are serious consequences if anything goes wrong in this process. Risks include, but are not limited to, infection, abscess, psychosis and injuries. This information is provided to help prevent problems that might arise if someone attempted this without appropriate information. Please PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Materials Required:
-1 vial of sterile saline solution 20ml is a good size.
-Any number of single-use, brand-new syringes. I suggest using 1cc (1 ml) 27 gauge, 1/2 inch needles. 1 inch needles if you have a lot of fat in your thigh.
-Empty sterile vial with rubber membrane on top
-Micron filters. I would suggest using these: http://www.amazon.com/St...RID=1M1KZZH1JHECEVJ7484Q
NOTE: If you get these, you will also need to buy some luer-lock needles to go with them unless the other syringes you buy come with removable needles.
-Cotton balls
-Rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol)

1. Acquire DMT in a salted form. It can be DMT HCl, DMT Fumarate, DMT Acetate, or DMT Citrate. I prefer DMT Fumarate because it is the form used in most of the DMT studies that have been conducted.

2. Make a calculation as to how you'd like to dose. I'd say that 100mg/ml is a good concentration. That way if you wanted to dose 35mg, you'd draw up .35cc's in your syringe. You'll probably never want to dose 100mg so that's good. When you do an intramuscular injection, you really want as little fluid in there as possible. So if you are going to put a gram of DMT fumarate into a vial, you'd use 10ml of your sterile saline solution.

3. Get one of your 10ml syringes, affix a needle onto the end, and remove the plunger. Into the barrel of the syringe, place 1 gram of DMT fumarate. Then put the plunger back into the syringe, but don't push it down yet. Keep it at the top of the barrel.

4. Get your vial of sterile saline solution. Insert the needle and push the plunger down so that the vial gets filled with air. This will keep a vacuum from forming when removing the saline solution. Be careful to not go so far as to push any of the DMT into the vial.

5. Begin pulling the syringe back and draw up 10ml or 10cc's of saline solution into the syringe. Make sure it fills up completely. If there are air bubbles, take the syringe out of the vial of saline and get the air out to ensure that you have a full 10cc's in there.

6. Shake that syringe until the DMT fumarate has completely dissolved. It should just look like water when it is completely dissolved.

7. Hold the syringe with the needle facing up. Cap and remove the needle. Set it aside.

8. Screw on the micron filter and then screw on the needle to the output port of the filter.

9. Insert the needle into your sterile, empty vial and depress the plunger. This will be a bit difficult to do and will require some strength. Be patient and let it go at its own pace.

10. Now your vial is a sterile, filtered solution ready for injections. Label the vial with the substance it contains AND THE CONCENTRATION. For example, this vial would read: DMT Fumarate - 100mg/ml

11. Note: ALWAYS use a NEW NEEDLE. NEVER REUSE NEEDLES. You don't want to contaminate the sterile environment in that vial.

12. Now it's time to dose yourself. First, set up a clean, safe environment. Sterilize any surfaces you will be keeping your vial, syringes, cotton balls, and rubbing alcohol. I have used a brand new cookie sheet for this purpose and have rubbed the whole thing down with rubbing alcohol to kill any bacteria. Set up any playlist you'd like for the experience at this point.

13. Wash your hands THOROUGHLY. You don't want any bacteria getting anywhere near the inside of your muscle.

14. This is best done with shorts of some kind or naked, because you will need access to your thigh. You can also inject into your deltoid muscle but that just tends to be more painful and is hard to do on yourself. I will just talk about injecting into the thigh.

15. Take a good look at your thigh. You will want to divide it into four equal quadrants. Your injection should happen in the bottom-right quadrant for your right thigh or the bottom-left quadrant for your left thigh. If necessary, draw the quadrant lines.

16. Once you have determined where your injection site will be, wet a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol and sterilize the thigh by rubbing it in an outward spiral motion, from the injection site outward. Take your time and make sure you don't miss a spot.

17. Let the rubbing alcohol dry.

18. Draw up your dose from your vial. Remember to double-check your dose as you do this to make sure you have the correct amount.

19. Hold the syringe in one hand like a dart. With your free hand, spread the skin on your thigh apart so it's tight. This will eliminate or at least significantly minimize any pain when you insert the needle.

20. Insert the needle at a 90 degree angle to your skin. You want to do this in one continuous motion, it doesn't have to be fast. Once it's in, I would suggest not letting the syringe move around so much. You can let go of the skin that is stretched now that the needle is in place and use it to steady the syringe.

21. Pull back on the plunger slightly to make sure you haven't hit any veins or arteries.

22. If there is no blood registering in the barrel, you are good to go. Inject slowly and steadily. If you feel any pain or severe stinging, slow down your rate of injection. Breathe deeply as you do this. Sometimes people hold their breath.

23. Once you are done injecting, try to cap your needle and put it on your tray or somewhere that it won't be stepped on or otherwise messed with.

24. Lay down and dream with Love.

I hope this guide is helpful to anyone who wishes to take this sacrament in such a manner.
It is the method that Nick Sands most preferred to take DMT. It has a slower onset (about 5-10 minutes versus 10-15 seconds) and a longer plateau (about 30 minutes to an hour). The ramp down is also more gradual, making for a smoother experience.

Love and Blessings.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Bancopuma
#2 Posted : 1/21/2018 5:44:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey HumbleVoyager,

Thanks a lot for providing this information here...it's self-evident you've really done your research (which is obviously of paramount importance when it comes to an ROA like this). Are we able to get this sticky'd admins? This could be a useful resource for members of the community.

I've heard a few accounts of people using 5-MeO-DMT via the IM route and preferring it to other ROA's...it apparently makes for a smoother ride, slowing the experience down a bit, and gives one a little more time and wiggle room going into the experience compared to vaping.

I experienced IV DMT fumarate as part of the psychedelic research on DMT conducted at Imperial College, and despite the setting it was one of my more sublime and beautiful DMT experiences...the transition to DMT space was one of the most seamless and anxiety free I've experienced, when compared to vaping. I don't know what dosage I received as part of that study but I got the distinct impression that a little goes a long way dosage wise with that ROA.

null24
#3 Posted : 1/23/2018 3:04:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Bancopuma wrote:

I heard a few accounts of people using 5-MeO-DMT via the IM route and preferring it to other ROA's...it apparently makes for a smoother ride, slowing the experience down a bit, and gives one a little more time and wiggle room going into the experience compared to vaping.

Yes, definitely, in fact that's the only way to use that stuff, imho.

I'm interested in trying it with n,n. Once a dose is determined it's much easier to replicate.

Thanks for posting this.

As for dosing, when I did it with 5, thinking that I had n,n dmt, I used the calculations in Strassman's book as a guide. Can't recall what it was now...
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

HumbleVoyager
#4 Posted : 1/23/2018 3:10:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

null24 wrote:
Bancopuma wrote:

I heard a few accounts of people using 5-MeO-DMT via the IM route and preferring it to other ROA's...it apparently makes for a smoother ride, slowing the experience down a bit, and gives one a little more time and wiggle room going into the experience compared to vaping.

I'm interested in trying it with n,n. Once a dose is determined it's much easier to replicate.

Thanks for posting this.

As for dosing, when I did it with 5, thinking that I had n,n dmt, I used the calculations in Strassman's book as a guide. Can't recall what it was now...

I have a similar guide written for IMing 5-MeO-DMT which I've posted here. Dosage is also discussed in the thread Smile

null24
#5 Posted : 1/23/2018 3:29:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

HumbleVoyager wrote:
null24 wrote:
Bancopuma wrote:

Thanks for posting this.

I have a similar guide written for IMing 5-MeO-DMT which I've posted here. Dosage is also discussed in the thread Smile

Ah, yes, nice.

The only thing I take issue with is the recommendation for tiny amounts of fluid for IM . In my heroin daze, after having lost access to my surface veins, I IMd for years, and would always add a little water to a shot, usually doing at least 50 units. The thinking was that it needs more surface area to spread out to get quickly into the muscle capillaries. In contrast,I'd use as little as possible for an IV shot. Most likely in reality it's the other way around.Razz I could be wrong, this is just junkie lore.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

HumbleVoyager
#6 Posted : 1/23/2018 6:51:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes, it is the other way around. There is no real limit to the fluid one can use in an IV shot, but there are definite limits one should use for IM shots. See this document for reference: http://www.kemh.health.w...nes/sectiona/1/a1.10.pdf

Quote:
In the ventrogluteal site*, the maximum volume that should be injected is 2.5ml.
In the deltoid, the maximum volume that should be injected is less than 2ml.
In the dorsogluteal site, the max volume is 4ml.
In the rectus femoris site, the max volume is 5ml.
In the vastus lateralis, the max volume is 5ml.

*Preferred injection site

These are safety limits. Above these volumes at the corresponding injection sites, you are looking at safety issues. If by 50 units you meant 5cc's, then you are fine, depending on which muscle you were injecting into. However, if by 50 units you meant 50cc's, you are very lucky you didn't develop abscesses or other medical complications as a result.

Hopefully this helps clear things up.

antares
#7 Posted : 1/28/2018 8:41:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you don't mind me mentioning the elephant in the room; how do you reassure yourself of the purity and cleanliness of your preparation. Pharmaceutical companies have this built into their system from source materials to manufacturing process and quality control testing. For the average home extraction this is not an option.

With IM or IV ROA, we are bypassing the body's first line of defence - the lung and gastrointestinal mucosa so the risks are higher.

Bancopuma
#8 Posted : 1/28/2018 1:18:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antares wrote:
If you don't mind me mentioning the elephant in the room; how do you reassure yourself of the purity and cleanliness of your preparation. Pharmaceutical companies have this built into their system from source materials to manufacturing process and quality control testing. For the average home extraction this is not an option.

With IM or IV ROA, we are bypassing the body's first line of defence - the lung and gastrointestinal mucosa so the risks are higher.

You make a valid and important point. To quote HumbleVoyager from the linked IM 5-MeO-DMT hcl on 5 Hive forum:

Quote:
You should NEVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES inject ANY organic material unless it was highly purified to a crystalline consistency, run through several methods of filtration, AND verified via analytical testing. Impurities in organic substances could lead to serious problems if injected.

...in other words, it is of paramount important that one's DMT is of high [analytical grade] purity for this ROA.