We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
peyote lanolin and gibberellic acid Options

therealone
#1 Posted : 1/22/2018 9:37:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i found this video and I am super into the idea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=775DSn9i1T0 if any of you have tried this or have any experience with the use of gibberellic acid please share, I plan on trying this

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Wakinyan
#2 Posted : 1/24/2018 1:29:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You can also use benzylaminopurine for the same use. Ga-3, the growth hormone you asked about is extremely potent and is one I've played with as well. If you order a gram dry it will last you quite a long time. The easiest way I know of using Ga-3 is simply to dip a tooth pick or the end of a fork (single prong) into the dry powder. Dip that into a quarter sized dollop of DMSO gel or lanolin. Mix well, then apply to just the areoles in question with a single drop to each areole. Applying to the entire cacti can cause unwanted etiolation.
When I graft you graft we graft

therealone
#3 Posted : 1/24/2018 3:31:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thank you for the information do you have a personal preference? also do you think should use it on a younger or mature plant? im gonna try it on San Pedro as well i'll post my results thx again for your input that video was the first time I had read about anything like that should be fun

Wakinyan
#4 Posted : 1/26/2018 8:28:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are risks with everything as too much can make a plant grow very etiolated very quickly. I've soaked seeds, which is as young as you can go, in Ga-3 for instance where the concentration was too strong and had seeds that were supposed to take a month or longer to germinate germinate in a single day and die from growing too fast. My basic rule of thumb, experiment on only what you can afford to lose with the realization that older plants will be more resilient. These chemicals are very strong and a little goes a along way. When in doubt, undershoot and then reapply in a week. You should not run into too much trouble though if you use the approximate method I gave you. You can even mix the two chemicals together if you would like and then simply double the lanolin or gel DMSO. The later DMSO gel is what I prefer.
When I graft you graft we graft