We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV7891011NEXT»
chat endlessly reloading Options

alkan0id
#161 Posted : 1/26/2018 3:40:02 PM

hitchin' a ride

Ess would like us to know that SSL is now set up and working on p.s

https://psychedelia.space

I notice a lot of people joining chat, seeing nobody there, and immediately leaving, If y'all just joined and idle the numbers would grow Smile
Uh uh. I know what you're thinking. "Did he load 40 milligrams or only 30?" Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I kinda lost track myself. But being this is DMT, the most powerful hallucinogen in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've gotta ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya, punk?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

DeeMenTalist
#162 Posted : 1/26/2018 5:25:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So far no one knows what happened? Sad

nexalizer
#163 Posted : 1/26/2018 6:31:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

BlazingSatva wrote:
So far no one knows what happened? Sad

My thoughts exactly! I was gone for a week, just dosed a new RC and was heading for the chat.. aaaahhh Shocked
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Wolfnippletip
#164 Posted : 1/26/2018 8:01:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My guess is Traveler was disgusted with the general level of conversation in the chatroom. Regrettable, but it's his site, his decision.
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

Baby Bonnie Hood
#165 Posted : 1/26/2018 8:23:50 PM

Grey jedi

Wolfnippletip wrote:
My guess is Traveler was disgusted with the general level of conversation in the chatroom. Regrettable, but it's his site, his decision.

I can totally understand this.
But then the right way having stricter is rules, more moderators and actually making people being held accountable for their behavior - not collective punishment like this! I've been a forum moderator before (logical fallacy: argument from authority, I know!) and I know for a fact that you need to fight fire with fire. Some people are just plain antisocial douchebags, and the best thing is to just kick those out/ban them. There is some sanity and truth behind the paradox of tolerance after all (wiki/google it!).

Either way, I hope that Traveler reconsiders and put up the chat again. If more moderators are needed then I wouldn't mind helping out (both with chat moderation and working on a new and more clear set of rules). I hope things just doesn't end here - that would make me very sad Sad I've missed the chat since day 1. There is no other chat rooms around that are like the Nexus. All those other chats that have been mentioned in this thread are nothing but poor subsitutes. The truth is that The Nexus chat is unique in that way that it was created and maintained by psychonauts for psychonauts. Sure, we can discuss other drugs too but you all know what I mean here: there is a different culture here comparing to those other chats, and it would be a shame to see it all go!
My threads: Intro - DMT first time - My mushrooms

I'm not all that I can be....

Wakinyan
#166 Posted : 1/26/2018 8:29:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chat is working again
When I graft you graft we graft

Baby Bonnie Hood
#167 Posted : 1/26/2018 8:43:38 PM

Grey jedi

Wakinyan wrote:
Chat is working again

This just made my day! Very happy I am so happy!
My threads: Intro - DMT first time - My mushrooms

I'm not all that I can be....

Running Bear
#168 Posted : 1/26/2018 9:00:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psilosopher? wrote:
Shroomery has a few nuggets of gold buried in an ocean of garbage. It's hard to fathom how sacred mushroom enthusiasts speak so callously and disrespectfully.

To the people who say that they never noticed a problem with the chat, there are a few.

1) Foul language: I love swearing. I'm pretty sure most Nexians swear like sailors. However, there is a difference between swearing in real life and swearing on an online medium. If i call my mate a "fuckin' dickhead" with a jovial grin on my face, that is completely different from saying the exact same thing through text form. Context is key. The perceived message and the intended message can differ vastly in the latter scenario. The internet dynamic is a totally different beast from face-to-face dialogue. Online, we have no face and no name. Only a pseudonym. Because of this impersonal nature, tempers can flare up. Especially since it takes time to type, so someone could be fuming at what was said, and then there's an explosion of text after a lengthy silence. This will be met with equal resistance and voracity, and can descend into a full blown internet argument. Communicate respectfully, and you will be respected.

The Hyperspace Chat is meant to be a trip friendly space. If people are speaking negatively, someone who is tripping could spiral out of control into a very dark place. There was that incident on another chatroom where someone killed themselves by OD'ing because other chatroom members egged him on. Be considerate of others.

Also bear in mind, English is not everyone's native tongue. In this case, intended message and perceived message can differ even more than the aforementioned example.

Swear words are remarkable. They carry a lot of weight. If one uses the word "fuck" as every second word, they are swinging a heavy weight around, and is bound to hit someone in the face. Excessive use also dilutes its meaning. If one uses a swear word when they usually don't, it means they chose it deliberately and carefully.

Another VERY important point. While i was at EGA, most people saw the Nexus as a hub of intellectuals and academics. The fact that legally sanctioned researchers often read the Nexus should speak for itself. So, when people speak in an immature and childish manner, it brings down the reputation of the Nexus. This place is called an "Entheogenic University" for a reason. That's why it say's "Respectful communication" in the Attitudes page. Which brings me to the next point...

2) The Attitudes page: This is not a software agreement, where everyone skips it and says "I agree". There is a reason why the Attitudes page exists.

Let me posit a scenario. A time traveller comes to the modern world from the distant past. They are in a car driven by a modern human. "Why do are you staying within the lines? You have all that space in front of you." The modern human could respond one of two ways. "It's the law" or "Because otherwise there would be a greater chance of collision at high speeds." Which one shows UNDERSTANDING and which one shows blind obedience?

With blind obedience, over time, people will start to question the rules, and eventually will voice their dissent. With understanding, the rules never have to be reiterated, since everyone implicitly knows its importance and significance.

I'm a staunch anti-authoritarian, so i hope my words have some gravitas. I'm kinda shocked that this post had to be written, since it seems people know the rules, but don't know the SPIRIT of the rules.

I'm probably missing a few points. This is the second time i've written this post, the first never even posted and disappeared. Damn phones. I rarely bother to re-write a post due to technical difficulties.

"The salons of Early Modern Revolutionary France played an integral role in the cultural and intellectual development of France. The salons were seen by contemporary writers as a cultural hub, responsible for the dissemination of good manners and sociability. It was not merely manners that the salons supposedly spread but also ideas, as the salons became a centre of intellectual as well as social exchange, playing host to many members of the Republic of Letters."

I think if someone can't handle a little swearing they should stay far away from dmt 😂 j/k. I understand what you're saying but I think it's still important for people to be real. The nexus should be more than a entheogenic university. It can be a place where people come together to form friendships. The language barrier is a HUGE problem on the nexus! It causes people to come off as robotic and emotionless. They just dont understand how we joke around and use sarcasm lol..... I have a feeling that something happened to the nexus and when it came to fixing the chat room the traveler decided he didn't want to deal with it anymore Laughing ...

Northerner
#169 Posted : 1/26/2018 9:20:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another possibility to add to the sea of rampant speculation is there was an error caused by stupid database requests (I've seen it crash when people do this) or an upgrade gone awry. There were other site problems besides the chat room being down, there's no reason to assume it was being taken away as a reprimand and the other systems were just digital collateral. Or is there?

Admittedly I don't spend a lot of time in the chat compared to some, but I have always found the tone to be mostly respectful and the language to be fairly considerate. I even temper my own foul mouthed tendencies. Laughing
The nearest we ever come to knowing truth is when we are witness to paradox.

dmusicaltrancistor
#170 Posted : 1/27/2018 8:12:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Trav from the deepest depths of my being the chat here has been a haven and a truly wonderful community for me and many of us and I for one am ecstatic that it has returned Love

I am sure I am speaking for more than just myself and would like to thank you for everything that is the Nexus. I hope this site will continue to be a upstanding place to show the world that entheogens can be used responsibly and that kitchen chemistry can be a beneficial addition to overall chemical and pharmacological knowledge. Pleased

-dm
Cubensis Mushroom Colonization Temps 75-80 F Cubensis Mushroom Fruiting Temps 68-74 F
https://ocw.mit.edu/reso...ques-manual-spring-2007/
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=36239
cyb wrote:
Xtals are just goo with fancy designer clothes on...
Big grin

Spiralout
#171 Posted : 5/11/2018 12:34:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcome to yet another update from ... : "Chat endlessly reloading" !!!!

....Is anyone else having this problem??

Nereus
#172 Posted : 5/11/2018 12:34:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

bump

Nereus
#173 Posted : 5/11/2018 12:35:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Stuck in a loop, yeah..

a1pha
#174 Posted : 5/11/2018 3:53:44 AM

Moderator | Skills: Master hacker!

Nereus wrote:
Stuck in a loop, yeah..

Chat reset initiated. Let me know if it helps.
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." -A.Huxley

Nereus
#175 Posted : 5/16/2018 1:36:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Normality restored!

Wolfnippletip
#176 Posted : 6/8/2018 2:30:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chat reloading so fast it is almost seizure-inducing. How long has it been like that?
My flesh moves, like liquid. My mind is cut loose.

rOm
#177 Posted : 6/8/2018 3:25:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Since this morning around 9 AM greenwitch (lol ) timezone . I notice around that time.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !

soul-explorer
#178 Posted : 6/8/2018 3:32:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was just in there for hours and thinking if everyone died ... then i reloaded and now also can't get in.

DansMaTete
#179 Posted : 6/8/2018 5:14:33 PM

[insert something smart/deep here]

If it's reloading, it means you're not enlighted.

It works for me and the other illuminati members Razz

jk

« I love the smell of boiling MHRB in the morning »

endlessness
#180 Posted : 6/8/2018 6:41:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

anybody in tripsit dmt channel?

«PREV7891011NEXT»