We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Star Wars The Last Jedi Options

Jees
#21 Posted : 12/26/2017 3:52:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My intentions Pleased
the movie lacked for me personally, and that remains until I see it again (at home) to re-evaluate my first idea about it.
Just because so many people like it (in absolute numbers) therefore I also said it's prolly a good movie, as a general note that encompasses all ideas about it.
There's no such thing as a good or bad movie imho, it's all beholders eye stuff, same for books or people or cars we only have opinions, no truths.
I think it's good to have contradicting opinions about same thing.

Null24, the deeper meaning of The Force exist Thumbs up
Wikipedia wrote:
...The roots of Taoism go back at least to the 4th century BCE...
I heard numbers thousands of years earlier, o well, they just had a thing with the life force CHI that really resembles the SW-force. In taoism there are also the masters of Chi that can allegedly do tricks beyond wat we mortals can. There are many clips (just fill in 'chi master' in youtube) showing such alleged masters at work, of which likely are imposters showing of? One can see them as the Jedi.

I've had pushing hands lessons myself and can attest that at least some of it is true, but you know people like to exaggerate and that clouds the border between showcase and genuine. The 'one inch punch' comes close to these territories, existed long before Bruce Lee.

But really within Taoism the Chi force is the base of manifestation, it should run along the meridian system of the body, acupuncture would activate those Chi pathways on certain points of the meridians, as does Siatsu (pressure instead of needles but same points are in scope). So if you go to an acupuncturist today you are actually stimulating The Force in you, and is for everyone not only certain bloodlines. So I agree with you on that point. I would not be surprised if tao-istic principles found their way in the whole SW-force idea.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Running Bear
#22 Posted : 12/27/2017 1:47:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Running Bear wrote:
while the audience score was 52%

Wut? That 52% represents how many people have marked the movie as wanting to go see it, I don't think it is a score. The exact audience average score is not published on rotten tomatoes from what I can see, all we know is that it was it was less than 3.5/5 because of the tilted popcorn (e.g. it could be 3.45, consistent with ~7.7/10 after averaging again with critics). Finally, the critic score is at 92% on rotten tomatoes, not sure why you mention 8.1/10.

More importantly, I see that you said that you knew you really did not know what Jees's intentions were, and instead you realise you only think you knew what they were. That's good since unless you had had a separate conversation with Jees it could not really be the former. I think it would be even better if we did not think we knew what others intentions are without the right information. In short:

I know what their intentions are < I think I know < Honestly, I don't really know

This is an internal process that has helped me in my personal life. I've seen myself go from left to right in the inequality above as I grew more thoughtful. Honestly, I still catch myself not being on the right side of the inequality all the time, but I work at it. This is just my personal experience, it may not work for others.

Ok enough preaching loveall 😂..Anyone on the internet can contribute to the the audience score and it's not just over wanting to see it or not.. Go to https://www.rottentomato...star_wars_the_last_jedi/ and click on add rating.. I don't care about the internal process that has helped you in your personal life 😂. How it works https://www.rottentomatoes.com/about/ ... you don't THINK that it is a score but you still posted without the right information Laughing .. Even if it got 100% positive scores on every site on the internet I would still feel the same way so it really doesn't matter lol.

exquisitus
#23 Posted : 12/27/2017 3:51:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

compared to the previous episode, which was wasted celluloid smeared with excrement, this installment was a zillion times better.
but then, was it an interesting movie? some rewatch value? not really.
andy serkis. mark hammil. laura dern. good actors. wasted.
the only character i rooted for was killed in a most pathetic, jaw dropping (pun intended) way... that's where the movie ended for me.
"the black guy" and "the yellow girl", what were their names, again? gee, where do i start... among the most stereotyped visually and in all other possible ways characters on screen... how could the movie be this racist, a pinnacle of racial stereotyping. even better (or worse) remove those two from the movie as if they never existed and nothing changes storywise.
disney don't make movies. they make promo videos for licensed crapola merchandise. buy more.

Bancopuma
#24 Posted : 12/27/2017 11:06:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I went with my mum and sister a few days ago and we all enjoyed it and it was cool to see it in 3D in the cinema. It cinematically wiped the floor with any of the god-forsaken prequal films in my opinion. The cruiser going to light speed through the New Order command ship in silence I think was one of my all-time favourite Star Wars scenes.

Loveall
#25 Posted : 12/27/2017 4:38:21 PM

❤️‍🔥

Chemical expertSenior Member

Next time I'm on a mushroom journey I'm going to be trying to understand the force.
💚🌵💚 Mescaline CIELO TEK 💚🌵💚
💚🌳💚DMT salt e-juice HIELO TEK💚🌳💚
💚🍃💚 Salvinorin Chilled Acetone with IPA and Naphtha re-X TEK💚🍃💚

Jees
#26 Posted : 12/27/2017 7:40:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Loveall wrote:
Next time I'm on a mushroom journey I'm going to be trying to understand the force.
You will probably come back with a ticket number Pleased

dragonrider
#27 Posted : 12/27/2017 8:33:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've always had mixed feelings about these big epic films like star wars or lord of the rings.

With such big projects where so many different artists are involved, it is almost innevitable that there are as many good things as bad things you could say about them.
No great work of art is void of flaws, but the larger the project, the more flaws it innevitably will have.

I always loved the magical worlds conjured up by george lucas. And the epic dimension of the whole trilogy. But when it came to dialogue, the characters and the relationships between them, there was always something lacking imo. The lord of the rings trilogy has the same problem.

It feels like the scriptwriters at the last moment thought "wait a minute, we need some romance and character development in it as well", and then hastily added some dialogue to these movies, that just did't make any sense.

The latest star wars movie was significantly less awkward in this sense, but far less epic as well.

Running Bear
#28 Posted : 1/20/2018 2:36:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jiva
#29 Posted : 1/20/2018 2:40:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

i am just going to leave this here, so far i think this best summarizes my problems with the movie and the fanbase

edit: the visuals of the movie were stunning (for the most part), but when compared to other recent scifi movies like valerian (which has it's own set of problems) there was nothing for me that stood out as innovative and with the "i have never seen that before" factor. also the animation of Yoda was horrible

null24
#30 Posted : 1/20/2018 3:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

exquisitus wrote:

"the black guy" and "the yellow girl", what were their names, again? gee, where do i start... among the most stereotyped visually and in all other possible ways characters on screen... how could the movie be this racist, a pinnacle of racial stereotyping. even better (or worse) remove those two from the movie as if they never existed and nothing changes storywise.
disney don't make movies. they make promo videos for licensed crapola merchandise. buy more.

I guess since you don't know where to start,you just gave up and did not do so.

It is poor form to use terms like racist with nothing beyond your poor attention span to back it up. Can you explain in terms other your own bigotry (yellow girl?!?) why the fact that you cannot pay attention and remember character names makes the movie racist? What sterotypes are you referring to?

I'm not defending not apologizing for the movie, but am calling out what I see as a baseless and bombastic claim.

The movie I saw had some strong female characters and a black lead. While there's still a long way to go towards true representation of the makeup of humanity in popular art forms, I feel it's a start and calling it racist seems very disingenuous and baiting. Sounds like a hipster wanting to sound "woke" without any thing to back it up.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Running Bear
#31 Posted : 1/20/2018 4:30:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

In my opinion that feminist/ vegetarian stuff doesn't belong in a star wars movie .. They made all of the men look weak in this movie. Apparently saving a few animals is more important than saving the entire galaxy for finn and rose Laughing . They didn't make this movie for the fan's, they made it for the next generation. They want to milk it for the next 20 years for profit.

downwardsfromzero
#32 Posted : 1/22/2018 10:52:04 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Jees wrote:
Loveall wrote:
You will probably come back with a ticket number Pleased

Like the ones given out in supermarkets where you have to queue to get the cheese at the deli counter?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

PREV12