We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Giving the Lextek a go( in progress) Options

DELETED_USER00002
#1 Posted : 1/22/2018 6:43:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well it's been quite a while since I've even posted in here let alone browsed the forum, but it's also been extremely busy with life and work and literally no time to even think about an extraction, finding time is as rare as hen's teeth these days for me but anyhow I had been using the 100g acrb tek with some good results however the last 3 extractions have been a dismal failure and massive disappointment, little to no xtals and I could not understand what the reason would be, whether it's one part of the process or a combination of problems that I have encountered compounding on top of each other to cause such a failure...

Anyway seeing as time is hard to come by I how to read through a few teks and thought I would give the lextek a go seeing as he used a substantial amount of starting material in one go, thus cutting down my time doing extractions by days and going for broke with one big extraction. If I get poor results then something has seriously gone wrong with the acrb since I first did extractions on it.

So to begin with I already had several containers of 100g powder in some acidic water which I freeze / thawed about 4 or 5 times. I emptied these containers into a pot which would be my starting material of 700g ACRB with approximately 3 litres of acidic water. This worked out perfectly as it filled the pot to the top.

I brought this to a simmer for one hour, filtered off the powder, I did this 4 times. In between simmering I did a secondary filter into a large jar to make sure most of the particles were out of the tea.

After filtering the powder on the last simmering. I then ran some fresh acidic water through the colander, washing out as much tea as possible and wringing out the cloth before discarding the powder.

This total volume was somewhere about 6 litres. Which I returned to the stove and let it Simmer on low heat for something like 4-5 hours, until I reached a manageable volume which turns out to be exactly 6 cups (2.25L) which I measured immediately before I poured into the large jar.

Unfortunately this means I've run out of time for the today and I have to return to this another day, but I thought I would create a little log of the process and take you guys along on my little journey.

At least for the next step I just have to basify and pull, and I have the advantage of just adding the naOH to raise the temperature and continue with the Tek.

With the failures I've had with the previous extractions I am not expecting any significant kind of yield and I'll be disappointed with myself. however I remain hopeful and maybe the molecule will reward me for my patience lol.

I will return to this thread in due time, hopefully sooner rather than later! And when I get time to jump on the pc I'll upload some pics.

Peace, Astro!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.