We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Trying get my VaporGenie technique correct Options

clearness
#1 Posted : 1/3/2018 2:49:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone,

So, I received my GVG recently and am ready to give it a try. I gave it a little test run with 15mg and have some questions. I spent a lot of time reading through the other GVG threads and the information on VaporGenie's web site. Still there are a few things that I am uncertain of. I am hoping some of you will be willing to clarify some things for me.

I have a torch which I used though it goes against the directions on VG's website. Is there real danger of cracking the top when using a torch? Torch seems to be the go to on this site.

How far away should I be with the flame? It took me a long time to get any vapor and the vapor that I did get wasn't very thick. Are there some tricks to getting the heat right? I was holding it just inside the top of the bowl.

For reference, I am using an extra ceramic filter from VaporGenie with spice melted into it placed where a screen would normally go.

Any tips to help me perfect my technique would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

sendokon
#2 Posted : 1/4/2018 1:25:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool, its a great tool to get to know.

I ussualy pre-melt it into the pad with a bic. Then with a torch have the flame go across the top piece with some space in between so it isn't touching the glass directly.

Takes a little bit of practice but once you get comfortable with it 20-30 is all you need.

I havnt purposely gone more than 25mg, but have by forgetting that i preloaded pad then few days later adding my usual dose...oops.

-sen
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

clearness
#3 Posted : 1/7/2018 12:48:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Sendokon,

Tried again using your suggestions. I got much better results and had a good experience. Definitely didn't vaporize the whole thing but came much closer.

It seems like I am not getting enough heat unless I point the torch into the top piece a little bit (1/2"Pleased. Sounds like you are keeping it above the glass though. Any suggestions on how to dial this in a little more? I am using a Zico torch as suggested in other threads. It turned about half way up. Maybe a 1 1/8" flame.

I consider my second attempt a success but see that there is room for improvement. I am blown away by how smooth it is compared to the machine. Excited to try again but it usually takes me a good while to build up my nerve. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Kobranek
#4 Posted : 1/9/2018 4:34:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My no-fail method is to pre-heat the bottom of the ceramic lid before blasting off. I also pre-melt spice onto the stone, around 27 MG is my sweet spot. Once pre-heated and the lighter kept warm against my skin for at least 5 min to prevent misfiring the lighter. Nothing worse than when your lighter stops mid-blast. Fire up the lighter keeping it directly upside down so that the flame is directly hitting the stone. Keep the pipe right side up as well not to the side even at the slightest.

This is where the practice comes in as far as how far too hold your flame away based on the amount of vapor being produced. I start with about the very edge of the blue flame touching the stone at the beginning of my rip; ending with my flame close enough to turn the stone orange where it is directly hitting it. Don't aim your flame at the glass lip or it will crack it! Try and aim to get the whole dose in one large hit is the goal! Start by pulling air through your mouth and lips to gauge the efficiency at which the vapors are being produced to follow through with pulling more air through your lungs while simultaneously bringing the flame closer and closer to the stone to really get the vapors to start billowing. 15 mg is a good start but its like night and day from just 15-25 mg. I agree with 25 mg being the minimum to break through. The 25-30 mg range is pretty interesting to say the least. I wish you the best with getting your technique down, welcome to the GVG club! Once you get your method down your not going to look back at smoking dmt again, ugh my lungs hurt just thinking about it!

clearness
#5 Posted : 1/11/2018 12:20:20 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kobranek,

This is exactly what I needed. Read the GVG sticky thread end to end but still didn't have complete confidence in the technique. Thank you for taking the time to lay this out. Will give it a shot sometime soon.

sendokon
#6 Posted : 1/11/2018 1:06:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Practice makes perfect Smile
Youll find your tech soon enough.
-sen
I can ussually turn a bad trip into somthing positive and take somthing from it and learn. Why is that so diffrent from waking life for me?

clearness
#7 Posted : 1/15/2018 1:21:41 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Kobranek wrote:
My no-fail method is to pre-heat the bottom of the ceramic lid before blasting off.

This made all the difference! My first two attempts since my last post allowed me to get a 25 mg dose in 2 hits and have a couple of beautiful experiences. Tonight I went for 27 mg and preheated the ceramic in the lid. It began vaping quickly and just as my lungs were almost full I saw it turn clear and complete. I was so excited that I probably exhaled a little too early but I really don't remember exhaling... I was there!

Thank you both for the help. Hopefully this will help someone else dial it in.

This will be a great tool. It is nice to be able to administer a measured dose. Too many times I was coming up short or smoking my self into amnesia with The Machine. Not to mention how thankful my lungs are. So smooth!

Kobranek
#8 Posted : 1/15/2018 3:23:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice to hear that it worked and be of help! Safe travels clearness!!

sendokon
#9 Posted : 1/16/2018 4:16:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hey fantastic to hear Smile
just takes a bit, careful and be safe!
-sen

Mister_Niles
#10 Posted : 1/16/2018 10:56:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kobranek wrote:
My no-fail method is to pre-heat the bottom of the ceramic lid before blasting off.

I preheat the top of the diffusor stone for a few seconds before inhaling. Are you saying you pull the diffusor out and hold it? I would burn the shit out of my fingers! Smile I just do it with the diffusor in the GVG.

23mg seems to be my sweet spot, although I had one of my deepest... well... highest, breakthroughs ever on 15mg. It was a huge surprise. Clean disc and all. It was an ascension breakthrough. I kept spiraling up and up into a realm of angels.

One time, these entities kept telling me what dosage to do on the next one. Most of the dosages were reasonable, but I had decided to listen to them. When they said 37, I was like... okay. Oh boy. It will be a long time before I ever go above 25 again.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

sendokon
#11 Posted : 1/18/2018 12:20:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

haha well maybe build up to 37mg. i havnt purposely done more than 25 but have.

pre melt w a bic, then go for the torch.

-sen

#12 Posted : 1/18/2018 1:43:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

clearness wrote:
Kobranek wrote:

This made all the difference! I was so excited that I probably exhaled a little too early but I really don't remember exhaling... I was there!

Great to hear Cool

clearness
#13 Posted : 1/22/2018 12:36:10 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Did a little follow up experiment today. Preheated the ceramic diffuser. 25mg easily vaped in one hit. Held it in for while and boom right out of this world. What an amazing device. It is actually quite easy to use once you figure it out. I am really pleased with my investment.

sendokon
#14 Posted : 1/22/2018 3:33:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

there ya go Smile i love it, dont know if id bother with anything else aside from just for kicks
-sen