We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Is it possible to mimic cappi adding THH to rue extract? Options

Mister_Niles
#1 Posted : 1/20/2018 8:55:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Is it possible to mimic cappi adding THH to rue extract? I do not like rue. It is so male. Almost macho sometimes. I love caapi, but strangely I've lost the ability to extact from it. This might sound strange to some, and it sounds strange to me, but entities told me I wasn't allowed to extract anymore until I "drank the brew". they meant the real thing. No caapi brew with added dmt. Sure enough... after a bunch of successful extractions, it suddenly stopped working. It happened with vine I had successfully extracted from before and with three or four batches of vine from different vendors, one of which I drank a brew of and took some dmt fumarate, and it worked. Annoying and weird.

I'm just not ready to do it. I guess I'm chicken. It makes no sense. I regularly take mushrooms. I go deep on other substances. I just have a block when it comes to the straight ayahuasca experience. There's a part of me that thinks I should do it in ceremony when I do it the first time.

I've drunk caapi brews and added dmt. I've done moderately strong pharma. Also, I have a bunch of chaliponga sitting around and I feel like I should use that when I do aya, so it doesn't go to waste. But I've heard that chaliponga aya can be daunting.
Anyway... enough about my strange psychology...

I was wondering if adding THH to rue extract might make it more caapi like. I suspect that the ratios in rue extract would render my concept unworkable. I've also heard people say there are possible other alkaloids in caapi that create it's essence.

The idea of making this is just a though. I hope it doesn't offend anyone. It sort of offends me Smile
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jees
#2 Posted : 1/20/2018 9:58:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The closest you can get: extract rue, separate harmine from harmaline, convert some of the harmaline to THH with zinc, now you have all 3 at disposal to play with in various proportions. The kitchen is your friend for a while Pleased
Minic caapi by e.g. 200 mg harmine + 150 THH + 10 harmaline.

blue.magic
#3 Posted : 1/21/2018 9:58:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I really know how you feel.

I have the same "relatioship" with cacti. It's really like they won't me to extract them until I get to a certain state of mind and approach extraction then.

Jees wrote:
The closest you can get: extract rue, separate harmine from harmaline, convert some of the harmaline to THH with zinc, now you have all 3 at disposal to play with in various proportions. The kitchen is your friend for a while Pleased
Minic caapi by e.g. 200 mg harmine + 150 THH + 10 harmaline.

Another caapi recipe I found ("Swim's Psychedelic Cookbook", p. 137):

200 mg harmine + 160 mg THH + 40 mg harmaline

Unfortunately, my rue is almost exclusively harmine so I will try just harmine and THH mix.

I really don't know what all the THH buzz is about since Shulgin has not even found it psychoactive and there are hardly any reports.
It seems it's only benefit is when combined with other alkaloid.

Like if THH for harmine/DHH is the same as CBD is for THC.

Jees
#4 Posted : 1/21/2018 11:28:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

blue.magic wrote:
...I really don't know what all the THH buzz is about since Shulgin has not even found it psychoactive and there are hardly any reports. It seems it's only benefit is when combined with other alkaloid...
I totally agree, most if not all THH praisers have never experienced THH on itself. They should praise the alkaloid mix as it comes instead of one component of it, the synergy does the magic imho. I've tried THH alone a few times (even on its own) and after expecting nothing less than a ripping "Holly Grail" it could only fall short LOL. Though here was another one reporting here at Nexus who felt euphoric. Just another tool in my eyes, nice to have tools though, feeling very grateful and privileged for that matter.

Mister_Niles
#5 Posted : 1/21/2018 2:17:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks. I guess I'll order a big bag of rue to extract and play with. Is the zinc conversion difficult? I was reading the thread but some of it made me think it would be out of my reach. I've done plenty of extractions. A/B, STB, and variations. Salting, FASA. Washes and Re-xing. I haven't separated harmine and harmaline yet.

From the parts of the thread I read, I got the impression that you needed to have some real chemistry under your belt. Is there the equivalent of a tek for beginners in the thread or in the works? If not, I guess I'll start combing the thread and distilling it.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

blue.magic
#6 Posted : 1/21/2018 3:23:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
Thanks. I guess I'll order a big bag of rue to extract and play with. Is the zinc conversion difficult? I was reading the thread but some of it made me think it would be out of my reach. I've done plenty of extractions. A/B, STB, and variations. Salting, FASA. Washes and Re-xing. I haven't separated harmine and harmaline yet.

From the parts of the thread I read, I got the impression that you needed to have some real chemistry under your belt. Is there the equivalent of a tek for beginners in the thread or in the works? If not, I guess I'll start combing the thread and distilling it.

It is easy. Here is a paper describing how to do the reduction and separation in low-tech setting (i.e. achievable in kitchen).

They discuss both reduction of mixed freebase harmalas as well as from pure DHH (harmaline).

I've done just the harmine/DHH separation so far, using pH pen and slowly adding sodium carbonate solution.

Unfortunately, my rue was like 95% harmine so I need to hydrogenate it first (also described in the above paper).
I will definitely make a pictorial since I have UV lamp to test presence of THH. Some say even harmine and DHH have different colors.

I must say it's very easy with at least vacuum filtration and round paper filters as the freebase harmalas can be easily captured, washed and dried.

Mister_Niles
#7 Posted : 1/21/2018 4:42:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks a lot. I have a vacuum setup and a couple different buchner filter funnels. I need to buy a ph pen. Probably be impossible or a pita with paper.

So, it's hit or miss with rue as far as content goes? Or are there sources (regional or otherwise) that commonly have more of a mix?

- Art Van D'lay

Orion
#8 Posted : 1/21/2018 5:16:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There are also other chemicals found in caapi which may affect the experience, but I can't be certain. No doubt you've already seen the thread https://www.dmt-nexus.me...spx?g=posts&t=29967. Looks like quite a few of the links pertaining to these other compounds are dead, which is a bummer.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.