We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
69ron's Mescaline Extraction Tek - Issue/Questions Options

Mr Machine
#1 Posted : 1/20/2018 1:31:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,

I'm in the midst of doing 69ron's D-Limonene Mescaline Extraction tek.

Followed the beginning of the tek to a T. Took 100 grams of powdered cactus; San Pedro which I cut dried and powderized myself, added 25 grams of calcium hydroxide, 300ml of water stirred for 5 minutes and then added 300ml of d-limonene and let it sit for a few hours as instructed, stirring occasionally (perhaps here is where I went wrong?).

Is the d-limonene suppose to separate from the rest of the mixture?

When I got to step I came to a dead end. Here is step 3:

3. Pour off the d-limonene through a filter.

NOTE
It's really cool if you use a French Coffee Press for this. Using a French Coffee Press you press the cactus mix and squeeze out the d-limonene to get every last drop of d-limonene out. Then filter it through a paper coffee filter.

So I have a French PRess I bought just for this. It does little to nothing to separate the d-limonene from the rest of the mixture.

Next I just tried pouring the mixture over a paper coffee filter. The whole mixture just sat on top on the filter with no liquid coming out the bottom.

Any ideas what I did wrong? Is the d-limonene suppose to separate from the rest of the dried cacti, calcium hydroxide, water mixture before filtration? If so that could be my problem as I stirred it right before trying to filter.

Regardless I am going to let the mixture sit and try again in a few hours I suppose.

Any and all advice is appreciated!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Mister_Niles
#2 Posted : 1/20/2018 4:56:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you should try adding more base. I think that may free the limonene. I'm working from possible faulty memory, but I think that might do the trick.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

TGO
#3 Posted : 1/20/2018 6:14:23 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

With this tek, the consistency of your mixture matters greatly. Too wet and the limonene won't separate, too dry and it will absorb into the mixture excessively. The key is to get it somewhere right in the middle, like a thick oatmeal, right in that Goldilocks zone. It takes practice and some trial and error to get it just right. You WILL lose some limonene no matter how excellent your mixture consistency is.

I've been known to use upwards of 50-75g of lime per 100g of bark/cactus. Also, ditch the french press, unless you want to make some coffee. I'm not sure why Ron recommends it, I've never had any luck with it. Seems counter productive.

I wish I had a better picture, but here is what it should look like. In fact, my mixture looks like it could use just a bit more base. Hope this helps!

EDIT: This pic is of a DMT extraction BTW, not cactus. The tek and consistency is the same, however. I don't have a pic of a cactus extraction unfortunately but this should give you a rough idea. Keep adding base and/or water to arrive at the correct consistency.
TGO attached the following image(s):
DSCF0057.JPG (3,911kb) downloaded 110 time(s).
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Mr Machine
#4 Posted : 1/20/2018 6:27:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really appreciate the responses! Man oh man do I love this forum..

So just to clarify; the d-limonene should indeed separate on top from the rest of the mixture? I then pour that off, filter through a coffee filter and proceed with the rest of the steps. is that correct?

Honestly I think I might have botched this batch due to too much stirring, using a French Press and too much water.

All good because I have 400 or so grams of dried cacti to try again with.

TGO
#5 Posted : 1/20/2018 7:00:35 PM

Music is alive and in your soul. It can move you. It can carry you. It can make you cry! Make you laugh. Most importantly, it makes you feel! What is more important than that?

Welcoming committee

Mr Machine wrote:

So just to clarify; the d-limonene should indeed separate on top from the rest of the mixture? I then pour that off, filter through a coffee filter and proceed with the rest of the steps. is that correct?

Yes, indeed! Good luck!
New to The Nexus? Check These Out:

One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

Orion
#6 Posted : 1/20/2018 10:26:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr Machine wrote:

Honestly I think I might have botched this batch due to too much stirring, using a French Press and too much water.

All good because I have 400 or so grams of dried cacti to try again with.

That is correct. I don't think this one's over though, if the mix is too dry you can add water, if it's too wet you could let it dry out a little, spreading it into a flat glass dish or something. You may need to add some more limo after this, but you still have some precious goodies in there. Mesc is precious Love
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.