We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Glass Vaper Genie or ?? Options

red291113
#1 Posted : 1/19/2018 2:18:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey there Every1 on the Nexus..I have a quick question for the experienced folks over here..I have googled and searched the threads on here and have found amazing jewels of information on the topic of Vaping and Methods of Vaping....
But I just wanted to talk to some "live" people and hear there opinions and reviews on the matter..I guess I just wanted the most current consensus..I am preparing for my first voysge into Deems Land,,I was going to use the method I saw on 'Willy Mycos' YouTube video using foil,rubber band,and 2 liter bottle.But after reading and searching,Ive come to believe this may not be the best,most efficient method..I am so far on the path of purchasing a GVG,and the ceramic filter disc for it...I would melt selected dose on the ceramic filter pad and then load GVG up and put glass top on it using a torch lighter to get close to the filter pad but not on it and slowly pull...(In a Nutshell,lol)

So what does everyone think...Thanks so much for any conversation on the matter ,and this site is sooooo awesome and cool...I love being able to chat and read so much about a lifestyle I whole heartedly love so much...Thanks again,and I will pull the trigger on purchasing the GVG and accessories later until I hear a few opinions on this subject...Mush love and positive vibes every1..Cool
Life is Love & Love is Life

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

โ—‹
#2 Posted : 1/19/2018 4:46:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

red291113 wrote:
I am so far on the path of purchasing a GVG,and the ceramic filter disc for it...I would melt selected dose on the ceramic filter pad and then load GVG up and put glass top on it using a torch lighter to get close to the filter pad but not on it and slowly pull...(In a Nutshell,lol)

Solid purchase imho, sounds like you have a good general understanding of how to go about dosing in the gvg. Pre melting the dose is done by quite a few people here with the ceramic disc. I typically don't pre-melt it, but honestly it probably makes more sense to do that then trying to load up a dose and attempt to figure out draw speed, lighter distance n all that [which is what I've always done lol].

Alot of people have success here with enhanced leaf also as a delivery method, it can be a very powerful method when paired with the right bong/water pipe ime. If you feel like extracting a bit of harmalas from rue seeds, that's a good n easy route for harmala freebase - that you could potentially add to some enhanced leaf and make a nice changa blend.

Though if you're set on purchasing the gvg - another nice little method is taking 30-50mg harmala freebase sublingually, allowing it to sit there and mostly dissolve, wait around 5 minutes or so after being dissolved, have the gvg loaded and vape accordingly. I'd say that at that amount of harmalas taken then vaporizing dmt - it's a very similar experience to a light harmala'd changa blend. Very powerful, very beautiful. Slows things down a step

*Not that you'd even need to mess with harmalas right now if what you're mainly focused on is dmt, just thought i'd offer some words <3

jiva
#3 Posted : 1/19/2018 6:23:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:

Solid purchase imho, sounds like you have a good general understanding of how to go about dosing in the gvg. Pre melting the dose is done by quite a few people here with the ceramic disc. I typically don't pre-melt it, but honestly it probably makes more sense to do that then trying to load up a dose and attempt to figure out draw speed, lighter distance n all that [which is what I've always done lol].

i find that pre-heating the stone in the top part of the GVG + premelting the dmt can be very helpful.

Mister_Niles
#4 Posted : 1/19/2018 8:01:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I still use mesh pads. I just haven't got around to ordering ceramic discs. Heating the diffusor before inhaling is definitely helpful.

But yeah. Buy a GVG. There is a learning curve, but it's almost too good. Sometimes I'll chicken out a little bit and try to pull back... but I end up getting the full dose anyway and can barely tell I'm inhaling anything. There is an arc lighter knockoff on ebay that is inexpensive, but good. The ergonomic pairing of the GVG and arc style lighter is unparalleled in my experience.

Get a GVG. Get a Zico arc ripoff. Get an Axe case. Get a good scale. See the multiverse, and more, in comfort and style.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

red291113
#5 Posted : 1/19/2018 8:11:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's awesome,,thanks so much everyone...I am going to take the advice on the lighter and purchase it in 30 minutes haha..Ive been reading and reading and ya the GVG seems to be the trick...I am also very interested in what you said Tatt about the Harmala...How is it for you? I'm very interested now ...Thanks so much for the replies everyone..I am fairly new here and the people over here are more my cup of tea..I love it..So as for now I will be going with the GVG,Ceramic Filter Disc,And the Arc Lighter Knockoff...u guys rock,,appreciate itThumbs up Big grin

red291113
#6 Posted : 1/19/2018 8:13:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:

I still use mesh pads. I just haven't got around to ordering ceramic discs. Heating the diffusor before inhaling is definitely helpful.

But yeah. Buy a GVG. There is a learning curve, but it's almost too good. Sometimes I'll chicken out a little bit and try to pull back... but I end up getting the full dose anyway and can barely tell I'm inhaling anything. There is an arc lighter knockoff on ebay that is inexpensive, but good. The ergonomic pairing of the GVG and arc style lighter is unparalleled in my experience.

Get a GVG. Get a Zico arc ripoff. Get an Axe case. Get a good scale. See the multiverse, and more, in comfort and style.

I just looked into the Zico Arc and am curious how would i use that specific style with the genie?

โ—‹
#7 Posted : 1/19/2018 10:15:45 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

red291113 wrote:
I am also very interested in what you said Tatt about the Harmala...How is it for you? I'm very interested now

Pre dosing the freebase harmalas sublingually at those dosages before vaporizing freebase slows the experience down just a bit for me, same place I go on freebase alone, though everything moves just a tad slower, I tend to get a better look at things. Even though that it's slowed down a tiny bit it's still every bit as deep and intense for me as freebase.

I've seen people here say that a little bit of harmala predosing before vaping freebase can tend to make the experience more 'whole, colorful, grounding, deep, emotional, etc', and I'd tend to agree with those things based on what i've experienced.

The one thing that I do notice is that right after the harmalas go under my tongue - I feel it, increasing from there. It would tend to calm my mind to a noticeable degree, thoughts are more spaced out, less and few n far between. When I would start feeling this within 5-10 minutes I would fire up the gvg.

Adding a bit of harmalas to blend of dmt/leaf to make changa - it falls within a similar set of descriptors to the sublingual harmalas/vaped dmt, much the same experience overall ime [unless you start going heavy on the harmalas to make a blend strong in harmalas, can really begin to change the dmt experience]. Pre dosing sublingual harmalas can be a really nice route to go in combination with the vaped dmt.

Nothing wrong with working with dmt alone either hehe Razz , I don't want to give the impression that youuu musstt use harmalas Very happy , just speaking from personal preference. <3

Mister_Niles
#8 Posted : 1/19/2018 10:34:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

red291113 wrote:
Mister_Niles wrote:

I just looked into the Zico Arc and am curious how would i use that specific style with the genie?

Sorry about that. The internet changes too quickly for me. A year ago, a google search would have yielded the proper results. I'm getting old. Here's the one I meant. The curved tip is perfect for the GVG. I've tried a bunch of lighters and haven't found any better.
Also: I'm glad the people here are your cup of tea. I felt the same way when I arrived. It's a nice place. It felt like home right away.

Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

red291113
#9 Posted : 1/19/2018 10:59:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tatt wrote:
red291113 wrote:
I am also very interested in what you said Tatt about the Harmala...How is it for you? I'm very interested now

Pre dosing the freebase harmalas sublingually at those dosages before vaporizing freebase slows the experience down just a bit for me, same place I go on freebase alone, though everything moves just a tad slower, I tend to get a better look at things. Even though that it's slowed down a tiny bit it's still every bit as deep and intense for me as freebase.

I've seen people here say that a little bit of harmala predosing before vaping freebase can tend to make the experience more 'whole, colorful, grounding, deep, emotional, etc', and I'd tend to agree with those things based on what i've experienced.

The one thing that I do notice is that right after the harmalas go under my tongue - I feel it, increasing from there. It would tend to calm my mind to a noticeable degree, thoughts are more spaced out, less and few n far between. When I would start feeling this within 5-10 minutes I would fire up the gvg.

Adding a bit of harmalas to blend of dmt/leaf to make changa - it falls within a similar set of descriptors to the sublingual harmalas/vaped dmt, much the same experience overall ime [unless you start going heavy on the harmalas to make a blend strong in harmalas, can really begin to change the dmt experience]. Pre dosing sublingual harmalas can be a really nice route to go in combination with the vaped dmt.

Nothing wrong with working with dmt alone either hehe Razz , I don't want to give the impression that youuu musstt use harmalas Very happy , just speaking from personal preference. <3

Awesome,,I'm definitely researching Harmalas and am going to try it out..My Bark guy,also recommended the same thing ironically lol..He also was just talking with me about Syrian Rue also,which i currently have..Do u like adding Harmalas frequently or ?

red291113
#10 Posted : 1/19/2018 11:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
red291113 wrote:
Mister_Niles wrote:

Sorry about that. The internet changes too quickly for me. A year ago, a google search would have yielded the proper results. I'm getting old. Here's the one I meant. The curved tip is perfect for the GVG. I've tried a bunch of lighters and haven't found any better.
Also: I'm glad the people here are your cup of tea. I felt the same way when I arrived. It's a nice place. It felt like home right away.

HAHAAHA,I did some researching and that's the one I ended up getting haha.. So a quick ? for u...when i have the VPG ready and melted spice on the previously heated ceramic disc,how far do u keep the blue torch flame? just tryna wrap my mind around it..I do have some rosin I guess I could experiment with..but asking you seems to make more sense thus far lol

clearness
#11 Posted : 1/20/2018 4:26:18 PM
DMT-Nexus member

red291113 wrote:

HAHAAHA,I did some researching and that's the one I ended up getting haha.. So a quick ? for u...when i have the VPG ready and melted spice on the previously heated ceramic disc,how far do u keep the blue torch flame? just tryna wrap my mind around it..I do have some rosin I guess I could experiment with..but asking you seems to make more sense thus far lol

After reading through the entire sticky I still had some lingering questions about technique. I asked the same question and was answered in this thread. https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=78058 I Think you will find your answer there too. Good luck.

I will say this. My last attempt was at 27mg. I vaped it correctly and in one dose. I am pretty sure that dose would have been two large if I would have held it in properly. I will be dialing it back a bit for this weekends experiment.