We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Me 2.0 Options

Whimsy
#1 Posted : 1/15/2018 1:20:02 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

When I was a teen I had a friend tell me that LSD and mushies and any other psychedelic could give you flashbacks for up to 7 years. When I asked what he meant (I was 12 or 13) he replied that I could be on a bus, and start tripping, seeing things that weren't there and completely freak out. It may give you an inkling into my personality in that I'm now 45 and only just recently tried DMT! And loved it.

I met a couple of guys back in 2010 who talked to me a lot about Ibogaine and the experiences they'd had with it. They are both super intelligent and successful guys so while I remained certain I'd never try anything psychedelic, it did crack my closed mind open a little bit. Then I started listening to Joe Rogan about 3-4 years back. He's spoken of DMT numerous times and so that opened my mind further. About a year ago I was chatting to a friend who seems to have done every psychedelic known to man and probably a few that haven't been discovered yet. He convinced me to let him guide me through my first DMT trip and it took awhile but I let it happen and loved it! It was life changing and beautiful and incredibly profound and I'm so grateful for that experience. I feel like a different woman most of the time. Me 2.0.

So my journey began. I haven't done it again since but I'm so very interested and have been soaking up any and all information I can find on it, talking to many people online about their experiences and now I'm here. My family are very against DMT and other psychedelics which surprises me. Especially my brother who has done them a lot and loves them. Most of my friends are against it too so I feel like a bit of a lone warrior here. Smile

Before this I rarely had done any illegal drugs. I hadn't smoked dope since '89 with the exception of a single puff of a joint in '93. I'm a bit of a health nut but am lackadaisical with my exercise. I love to meditate, laugh (even though I have a brutal history of depression), and walk. I am interested in Buddhism but haven't studied it extensively. I love to read though I had some kind of mental breakdown a couple of years back which makes focus for periods of time difficult but it's a skill that I'm relearning. I have two amazing kids who are in their late teens and am happily single with no plans to ever be in a live in relationship again. Independence is everything! Though I'd love to get another dog one day...

I think that's about it! Thanks for reading. Cheers...

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 1/15/2018 2:03:41 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Welcome to the Nexus Whimsy.

You've certainly found the right place to delve deeply into enigma of the tryptamine.

Have you only had one the one experience with it, and is that the only psychedelic you've experienced thus far? I'd love to hear moar about your experience, especially in the light of your history with Buddhism.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Whimsy
#3 Posted : 1/15/2018 7:57:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

dreamer042 wrote:
Welcome to the Nexus Whimsy.

You've certainly found the right place to delve deeply into enigma of the tryptamine.

Have you only had one the one experience with it, and is that the only psychedelic you've experienced thus far? I'd love to hear moar about your experience, especially in the light of your history with Buddhism.

Thanks Dreamer042. Yes, just the one DMT experience. It was amazing! Well worth the wait. I'd like to do it again 3-4 times per year.

I live within a 2 hour drive of the Chenrezig Buddhist Institute which is located on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. It's such a beautiful place. A few years back I was given a spot at a weekend retreat run by an amazing woman called Renate Olgivie. She's just gorgeous and was teaching a program called Taming The Monkey Mind or something similar. I did two courses with her and was hooked! She's a neuroscientist, and a Buddhist and I just loved her and her approach. She made me see the Buddhist philosophy in such a lovely way. So my use of Buddhism has been 99% to do with the mindfulness practices she taught me which I've been using on and off for the last 6 years. If you ever get to the Sunshine Coast or surrounding areas, I highly recommend a stay there. They're pretty disorganised (they've botched every booking I've made but were so calm about it I didn't mind!). There's probably a lot of other Buddhist things I've picked up on that I don't even realise too.

Thank you for the welcome. Smile

Deadhead410
#4 Posted : 1/19/2018 2:08:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well you've found the right place Whimsy! Everyone here is extremely friendly and this site is loaded with information. Welcome to the Nexus!
Dead
Shrouding all the ground around me / Is this holy crow above me / Black as holes within a memory
And blue as our new second sun / I stick my hand into his shadow / To pull the pieces from the sand
Which I attempt to reassemble / To see just who I might have been / I do not recognize the vessel
But the eyes seem so familiar / Like phosphorescent desert buttons / Singing one familiar song...

Whimsy
#5 Posted : 1/19/2018 9:42:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Dead! I'm learning a LOT. Especially with this questionnaire which is a bunch of lessons in itself! What a clever idea.

Doc Buxin
#6 Posted : 1/19/2018 10:52:01 PM

Pay No Mind

Welcome Whimsy!

Great name BTW...

Whimsy wrote:
...My family are very against DMT and other psychedelics which surprises me. Especially my brother who has done them a lot and loves them...

I certainly have experienced much prejudice against psychedelic substances in my lifetime, so I can relate. However, I don't understand why, if as you say, your brother "has done them a lot and loves them", why he would be against them?

Perhaps you could explain more about this strange position of your brother's?

No worries if you don't really know, it simply piqued my curiosity.

Peace

Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate

Whimsy
#7 Posted : 1/20/2018 9:56:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Doc Buxin wrote:
Welcome Whimsy!

Hi Doc, I can see how that is confusing. I didn't word that very well did I? Yes my brother loves psychadelics but not for me. I've had some pretty severe issues with depression that involved me being diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder this time last year. He's worried I'll suffer a psychotic break I think.

I'm not so worried. I didn't and wouldn't go for the heroic dose at this stage. I used DMT to crack my mind open to other possibilities and while I've only had it once, the results were powerful and long lasting and very, very helpful with my therapy. I'm happy to discuss this in more detail if you like.

Thanks for the name compliment. Funny, as I was logging in I thought "why did I choose Whimsy? I'm not at all Whimsical!

Have a great day.

Doc Buxin
#8 Posted : 1/21/2018 6:25:47 PM

Pay No Mind

Whimsy wrote:
Doc Buxin wrote:
Welcome Whimsy!

Hi Doc, I can see how that is confusing. I didn't word that very well did I? Yes my brother loves psychadelics but not for me. I've had some pretty severe issues with depression that involved me being diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder this time last year. He's worried I'll suffer a psychotic break I think.

I'm not so worried. I didn't and wouldn't go for the heroic dose at this stage. I used DMT to crack my mind open to other possibilities and while I've only had it once, the results were powerful and long lasting and very, very helpful with my therapy. I'm happy to discuss this in more detail if you like.

Thanks for the name compliment. Funny, as I was logging in I thought "why did I choose Whimsy? I'm not at all Whimsical!

Have a great day.

Ahhh, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification.

I hope psychedelics treat you well.

Best of luck!

Sincerely, Doc
Freedom's so hard
When we are all bound by laws
Etched in the scheme of nature's own hand
Unseen by all those who fail
In their pursuit of fate